Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 5th February 2011, 20:12   #6961  |  Link
jediknight

i found a bug i think or something like that. I installed fresh windows and after that installed these are ; ffdshow + ac3filter + cyberlink powerdvd10 + arcsoft totalmedia 5 + bsplayer. then i installed MultiAVCHD,

but here is the error when im trying to open program ;

Dean my friend can you help me . ?

thanks bro,
jediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 20:52   #6962  |  Link
worknstiff

Don't kinow about the message, can't read whatever lang. When I installed multiAVCHD 4.1 from the first page, the first thing it checks is for updates. It updated the multiAVCHD.dat to the latest 760 and I installed it to the program folder. It restarted and then I didn't have the menu options, it was greyed out. I finally uninstalled and deleted the multiAVCHD folder and did a complete reinstall and now it works fine. You can goto the first page and click on the "Download links for all tools" and then download the multiTEST.exe and see if it finds all the stuff set up correctly. If you are running windows7 there is also a codec Tweaker. hope this helps
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 16:59   #6963  |  Link
MajiNPic

Hi

First, I'm still a newbie and my English is bad ^^

And here's my problem...
When I used multiAVCHD to add subtitles to Bluray Disc, everything seemed to work fine.
But using Media Info, I found that the m2ts file had different "maximum overall bit rate" from the original one.
Will this be a problem playing on standalone BD player? And how could I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Here are the scripts from Media Info...

Original m2ts
Quote:
General
ID : 0
Complete name : F:\BDMV1\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 40.0 GiB
Duration : 2h 41mn
Overall bit rate : 35.4 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 48.0 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 29.4 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.591
Stream size : 33.2 GiB (83%)

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Muxing mode : Blu-ray
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 4 608 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 5.21 GiB (13%)
Subbed m2ts
Quote:
General
ID : 1
Complete name : F:\BDMV2\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
Format : BDAV
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 40.1 GiB
Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 29.4 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.592
Stream size : 33.3 GiB (83%)

Language : English

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : PCM
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Format settings, Sign : Signed
Muxing mode : Blu-ray
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 4 608 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 5.21 GiB (13%)
Language : Japanese

Text
ID : 4608 (0x1200)
Format : PGS
Video delay : 7s 674ms
Language : English
MajiNPic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 17:11   #6964  |  Link
Music Fan

It looks like a wrong header information, i got this several times on mpeg-2 files.
I'm nearly sure that it won't be a problem for your player : if he can play the original file, he will also play the subbed m2ts detecting the real bitrate.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 22:56   #6965  |  Link
thghgv

inquiry - capabilities of this app

Here's what Im looking for...

An app to be able to load, off HDD, the full backup of a BD and then present that BD structure in a GRAPHICAL fashion (not lists of numbers, radio buttons, and check boxes) for editing. Editing, meaning being able to GRAPHICALLY replace modify or delete elements of the EXISTING menu structure NOT requiring having to build a totally new menu system from template or scratch.
Once editing is completed, be able to render just those changes, WITHOUT re-encoding all the program audio and video assets, back to HDD.

Like DVDremake does for DVD. can this app do this ??
thghgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 08:33   #6966  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thghgv View Post
Here's what Im looking for...

An app to be able to load, off HDD, the full backup of a BD and then present that BD structure in a GRAPHICAL fashion (not lists of numbers, radio buttons, and check boxes) for editing. Editing, meaning being able to GRAPHICALLY replace modify or delete elements of the EXISTING menu structure NOT requiring having to build a totally new menu system from template or scratch.
Once editing is completed, be able to render just those changes, WITHOUT re-encoding all the program audio and video assets, back to HDD.

Like DVDremake does for DVD. can this app do this ??
No. And I don't think anything currently exists that is close to that, unless it costs several thousand dollars. And why don't you try using the interface before posting a question like this next time.

Anyways, ran into some issues with TSMuxer crashing when running a test for one of my readers. Specifically, TSMuxer hung while I was away from home and then displayed a "Close this hung program" window.

I just managed to catch a glimpse of the commandline window, and it said something about the NAL unit being to large in the MKV, and that it was truncating.

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/0CLJKRD5

Around line 243 is where I clicked OK on the "Close program" window.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:07   #6967  |  Link
thghgv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
No. And I don't think anything currently exists that is close to that, unless it costs several thousand dollars. And why don't you try using the interface before posting a question like this next time.
Well, that's just it. I have attempted to use it but it makes little sense at this point. Remake is intuitive enough to be used successfully without any outside help (hence my question). I'll take your word that it works. Is there a proper step-by-step doc out there some where that outlines a typical load/find/replace/re-render process with this app?? So far I have just come up with snippets here and there that only hint at this or that but nothing concrete.
Old 16th February 2011, 22:14   #6968  |  Link
setarip_old

@thghgv
Quote:
Is there a proper step-by-step doc out there some where that outlines a typical load/find/replace/re-render process with this app??
It's as simple as going to Post #1 of this thread and clicking on "Guide" ;>}

Last edited by setarip_old; 20th February 2011 at 07:56.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 04:24   #6969  |  Link
johnnytav

Menu out of Sync At 24 fps

Hi Dean

Having a problem with Menu out of sync with Samsung bd player
set at 24 fps. When I unselect it and play the dvd the menu is ok.
Also after about 30 second the video slows down (like slow motion)
and losses the sound. I am in testing mode, I just bought a JVC HM690.
btw software from JVC also has menu problem with 24 fps but
not the slow down and no sound problem.
Any ideas?

JohnnyJT
johnnytav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:16   #6970  |  Link
latet

Hello,

Does multiAVCHD display a warning when there are high (too high) bitrate peaks in the imported video? Does it analyze the bitrate at all?

Thanks,

Latet
latet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 13:24   #6971  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
An app to be able to load, off HDD, the full backup of a BD and then present that BD structure in a GRAPHICAL fashion (not lists of numbers, radio buttons, and check boxes) for editing.
A BD structure is many times more complicated than a DVD, especially if BD-J is involved. Reverse engineering the java programs, while technically possible, is more difficult to graphically chart without the source and the program that authored the disc.

As pointed out you will need a professional BD authoring package to even start to figure what is going on in a BD disc.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 13:30   #6972  |  Link
MrVideo

Dean AWOL?

OK, anyone know where Dean has vanished to?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 18:29   #6973  |  Link
setarip_old

Real world requirements...
Old 1st March 2011, 20:42   #6974  |  Link
thghgv

this app is extremely slow running

attempting to work with the properties page in BD-Reauthor mode and when attempting to do ANYTHING in that window it takes 30sec to a minute to recover after making a video viewer adjustment or simply clicking on the next resource listing. This app is running on a 2.8 ghz QUAD-CORE 32 bit XP system. Is this proper sort of operation for this app running under such a system????
Old 2nd March 2011, 04:01   #6975  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
attempting to work with the properties page in BD-Reauthor mode and when attempting to do ANYTHING in that window it takes 30sec to a minute to recover after making a video viewer adjustment or simply clicking on the next resource listing. This app is running on a 2.8 ghz QUAD-CORE 32 bit XP system. Is this proper sort of operation for this app running under such a system????
Try opening your ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder Configuration and select " Don't Use ffdshow In ".
Unselect "Use ffdshow only in".
I remember this having to do with AVSInfo, found in the tools folder of multiAVCHD. It is not recommended, but if the aforementioned does not work, you could try renaming AVSInfo to AVSInfo.hold, and see if that works.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:26   #6976  |  Link
thghgv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Try opening your ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder Configuration and select " Don't Use ffdshow In ".
Unselect "Use ffdshow only in".
Yes that works much better now. thanks.

One other thing though.. I'm noticing that the properties pages don't seem to want to display STILL image frames of any duration. Is that a bug or maybe a setting change? I looked but didn't find any setting(s) that were pertinent...
Old 3rd March 2011, 02:03   #6977  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Yes that works much better now. thanks.

One other thing though.. I'm noticing that the properties pages don't seem to want to display STILL image frames of any duration. Is that a bug or maybe a setting change? I looked but didn't find any setting(s) that were pertinent...
Mine displays the images for video titles just fine, but some still images do not display, especially the warnings I want to blank!
You can try and click in the preview window, which will bring up Mplayer to play the clip, sometimes this works but often not.
I usually look at the top of the preview window for the associated .m2ts file being displayed, then try to open that file with Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic to view the contents of this .m2ts for blanking or keeping. But this is a very time consuming method.
I seem to remember when you install Haali there is an option to display a couple different program streams that are not selected by default, so you could try a reinstall of haali and check for those options during the install.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 19:31   #6978  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
OK, anyone know where Dean has vanished to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarop_old"
...Real world requirements...
Yes, it's a pity! Dean is approaching, but still some months off, the approx. 1 year update cycle of leading payware (Adobe, Cyberlink, Nero, VideoRedo, etc.) But his fine application is far more versatile and practically freeware (donationware).

As I mentioned sometime ago elsewhere *), instead of donationware, I would be ready to pay the yearly toll that the aforementioned payware vendors request the user to pay for the year n+1 release of their consumer products with those shiny marketing postnames (Pro, Ultimate, Platinum, Elements,...) and with mostly only minor to no real improvements.

*) My my posting from 27 Aug 2009, 15:18 in http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtop...t=265&start=27 as answer to Dean's posting from 27 Aug 2009, 14:45
in http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtop...t=265&start=26 ... with MANY, MANY more updates, upgrades, ....

Last edited by Cela; 5th March 2011 at 19:46.
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 22:15   #6979  |  Link
setarip_old

@Cela

Hi!
Quote:
instead of donationware, I would be ready to pay the yearly toll...
So, just send 'deank" a donation in the amount you deem would be an appropriate "toll" ;>}
Old 6th March 2011, 12:01   #6980  |  Link
BZeeme

multiAVCHD is an exceptional product that I find is great for sharing home movies on Blu-rays and for backing up BDs with multiple episodes. I've been hoping Dean would return to do bug fixes and get multiAVCHD and the documentation polished up - even if he never adds a new feature. But as weeks turn into months, it seems that what we have now is it. Even the number of posts in this thread and on his forum are dwindling as people lose interest.

Thanks Dean. Your work is appreciated - even if the donations were few and far between.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author