Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 13th January 2011, 23:15   #6941  |  Link
v1rtu0s1ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
@v1rtu0s1ty

No, you are wrong. Sort of. multiAVCHD only compresses files when the native files are to large for the desired output format. Ex: When compressing a Blu-ray to AVCHD (after which the program is named), you absolutely have to compress the video, as there is no other way to fit 25GB of files onto a 4.3GB disk.
What I'll be mentioning below is not from bluray source but from my camcorder's native file.

I haven't looked at the truncated files that multiAVCHD created. The other day, I placed 3 files. When it completed the avchd directory, I noticed it created more files under STREAM directory. However, I didn't calculate the total size of all files so I can compare it with my original file.

Later, I'm going to "ffmpeg -i" each file so I can compare the header to my original native file.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
v1rtu0s1ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 08:32   #6942  |  Link
jediknight

hi guys,

can i delete audio track with this program and also keeping meun ? is it possible ? for downgrade to 25 GB :P

My aim is; removing unwanted audio tracks on blu-ray and keep other things original (menus,extras etc...)

is it possible or not ?

Thanks, have a nice day guys.
jediknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 22:48   #6943  |  Link
Murkurial

I'm wondering if someone can answer a quick question that I have about multiAVCHD:

I'm trying to add background music to a menu that's comprised of just a static image. I ran multiAVCHD and created the files and I'm wondering if when I preview the film in PowerDVD 10, if the music is supposed to play in the menu as well? I've created a menu before with no music and it shows up fine. This time though is the first time that I'm trying and I've simply chosed the "Background audio" field and pointed it to my .wav file. I still see the static image of the menu, but nothing plays. I don't really want to burn this to a DL DVD and find that it doesn't work at all so I'm wondering if this is just a quirk with the program or if I'm doing something wrong for this to be happening.

I've also noticed that the music doesn't play when you preview the menu within multiAVCHD even if I choose the "Actual preview of menu page" option.
Murkurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 02:24   #6944  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
can i delete audio track with this program and also keeping meun ? is it possible ? for downgrade to 25 GB :P
I don't know if you can, or can't. What you need to think about is how much you will be removing by eliminating some audio files. Audio is a small fraction of the content, compared to video. If the original BD is 40 GB, for example, there is no way you are going to be able to remove more than 15 GB of just audio alone and get the size down so that it will fit on a 25 GB disc.

Also, by leaving menus intact, wht do you think will happen if you select an audio track via a menu, only to have the player discover that it isn't there. Will the player crash?

Food for thought.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 11:23   #6945  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial View Post
I'm wondering if someone can answer a quick question that I have about multiAVCHD:

I'm trying to add background music to a menu that's comprised of just a static image. I ran multiAVCHD and created the files and I'm wondering if when I preview the film in PowerDVD 10, if the music is supposed to play in the menu as well? I've created a menu before with no music and it shows up fine. This time though is the first time that I'm trying and I've simply chosed the "Background audio" field and pointed it to my .wav file. I still see the static image of the menu, but nothing plays. I don't really want to burn this to a DL DVD and find that it doesn't work at all so I'm wondering if this is just a quirk with the program or if I'm doing something wrong for this to be happening.

I've also noticed that the music doesn't play when you preview the menu within multiAVCHD even if I choose the "Actual preview of menu page" option.
It should play in PowerDVD (I don't have v10 only V7.3). You could go to the stream folder, find the menu m2ts and use MediaInfo to see if it has audio (or play the m2ts directly with a software player). No audio with the internal preview of multiAVCHD is normal.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 17:59   #6946  |  Link
jidelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial View Post

I'm fairly new to this wonderful program from deank. I do have PowerDVD 10 and the other day I created a single title SLIDE menu w/named chapters for my BD and I did near the 'default' audio once my project was completed...

jidelite
jidelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 11:52   #6947  |  Link
BZeeme

I found through testing that if "AVCHD (strict)" mode is selected there is no menu background audio. I use "Blu-ray Disc" mode or sometimes "AVCHD Disc" mode. These modes do allow menu background audio.
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 20:17   #6948  |  Link
Murkurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
I found through testing that if "AVCHD (strict)" mode is selected there is no menu background audio. I use "Blu-ray Disc" mode or sometimes "AVCHD Disc" mode. These modes do allow menu background audio.
That did the trick. Thanks a lot.
Murkurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 08:44   #6949  |  Link
jangai

Hi all !
Apologies if already covered ...
With entries in H264/MKV container and pointing the exact time code of the desired image as a poster, some are well preserved and others are left with images unrelated (distant time code).

Is there any trick to get every time the desired image as poster (with the mode of XMB) ?

Thank you in advance
jangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:34   #6950  |  Link
thunderclap

I have one real quick question regarding format. What is the best format to build AVCHD's with? Right now I'm exporting my footage from my NLE as h.264 MP4 files, but it appears multiAVCHD converts this to MKV before transcoding. To save an extra step should I just export my videos to MKV?
thunderclap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 18:58   #6951  |  Link
mastom

Denon BD player

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time trying to make a bd menu in multiAVCHD 4.1. All the time bd seems to be ok, it is ok for software player but in Denon DBP-2010 it writes MENU on display and that's all. It's frozen. I have tried a lot of settings but all the time with the same result. If there is no menu it plays ok.

But when I try the version 3.0 menu works fine.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Btw, the program is the best I have tried.

Thomas
mastom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 06:46   #6952  |  Link
DMagic1

Is there anyway to have it not transcode the intro/welcome video if its already compliant?
DMagic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 01:10   #6953  |  Link
SuperFist

How To Author A 25GB BD-R From A Blu-ray Series Uncompressed?

I have a question for all of you Blu-ray burning/authoring afficionados. Does anyone know of a guide or know how to compile a Blu-ray from a series of several shows unto a single-layer BD-R with just the episodes and HD audio without compression?

For example, the Firefly series with 4 shows on one disc: I want to create it to where I put 2 shows on a 25GB disc without compressing them with just the audio and the show itself, no extras. I looked at the guides for MultiAVCHD but no one seems to be trying to do exactly that. They seem to need to retranscode the audio or video which I don't need to do. In other words, I can't find a clear cut way to do this or a guide that shows me specifically how. The reason I need to do this is a show like this looks HORRIBLE when it's shrunk to fit on a single layer BD-R due to it being 53% compression.

Also, how do I use Cut Start and Cut End to reauthor start and end times of the BD?

Last edited by SuperFist; 5th February 2011 at 01:25.
SuperFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 02:57   #6954  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperFist

Hi!
Quote:
The reason I need to do this is a show like this looks HORRIBLE when it's shrunk to fit on a single layer BD-R due to it being 53% compression.
Based on your statement, it's apparent that you've not yet used BD-Rebuilder ;>}
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 09:29   #6955  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@SuperFist

Hi!

Based on your statement, it's apparent that you've not yet used BD-Rebuilder ;>}
So you're claiming BD-Rebuilder does a better job at compressing blu-ray movies than MultiAVCHD and DVDFab?
SuperFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 14:52   #6956  |  Link
ricoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFist View Post
So you're claiming BD-Rebuilder does a better job at compressing blu-ray movies than MultiAVCHD and DVDFab?
I've used all three (and sadly paid for DVDFabHD bluray copy) and to me, BDRebuilder is way better than DVDFab. DVDFab over-compressed it and the PQ was soft, not sharp like you expect from bluray. MultiAVCHD is super for BD to DVD, the PQ on the DVD seems better than a regular DVD and plays on regular players. I never tried it for straight bluray to bluray conversion. Anyway, my point is that I highly recommend BDRebuilder and MultiAVCHD, but don't waste your time and especially money on DVDFAB.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 15:04   #6957  |  Link
Music Fan

BD-Rebuilder and MultiAVCHD use the same encoder, x264, so the result should be the same (if same settings used).
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 16:04   #6958  |  Link
Capsbackup

@SuperFist;
You can use multiAVCHD, without reencoding the video and audio, to put two episodes from the same disc on to one BD-R, if their original size fits on the BD-R. You can even keep the original menu too. If you do not want the original menu, you can create your own menu for the two episodes only.
If you want two episodes from two different original discs, you will have to make your own custom menu. ( unless you dont care if one episode doesn't match the original menu. )
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 17:53   #6959  |  Link
worknstiff

I use Clown_BD to convert each episode of The Universe to a BD folder. I then use MultiAVCHD to load up each episode and create a simple menu to select each title. I use a 50,000 MB output limit to get it to not split or recode the video and turn off eac3to to keep the audio original. When finished it gives me a simple static menu (that will play in any bluray player or software player) and a blurary folder thats around 40 Gigs. I then load this output into BD_Rebuider and compress (default quality 2 pass) to fit a BD9 (DVD+R DL) and end up with a high quality video that is indistinquishable from the original (even on my 65" panasonic). It is time consuming but works really well, MultiAVCHD & BD_Rebuilder are both a work of art, it is amazing the output you can get. Right now there is not even a paid solution that can touch either of these programs for quality. When I think of all the programming effort and troubleshooting that went into each of them it makes my head spin. Also it must be said that the final product is all due to the highly efficient x264 codec. My thanks to deank & jdobbs for all the hard work that I spend so much of my time using. While I am at it, where is Dean? Has he gone on vacation or is he just working on something new?
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2011, 19:21   #6960  |  Link
setarip_old

@SuperFist
Quote:
Yes...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author