Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 9th January 2013, 21:55   #1  |  Link
prrt

CABAC encoder - first 9 bits?

Hi,

I develop H264 CABAC encoder. In CABAC decoder initialization process variable codIOffset is set equal to the value returned from read_bits( 9 ) interpreted as a 9 bit binary representation of an unsigned integer. But how to define these 9 bits in CABAC encoder?

For example, I encode MB=0 (first macroblock in slice) with mb_type = 3 (I_16x16_2_0_0) and intra_chroma_pred_mode=0. Bin string for mb_type will be '100010'. After context modelling and binary arithmetic encoding I will get bits '1111110' (it is result of PutBit()). After binarization and binary arithmetic coding of intra_pred_mode I will add to bitstream bits '10' so the resulted bitstream will be '111111010' (without any headers).

But when CABAC decoder will decode this bits it will set codIOffset = read_bits(9) = '111111010' = 506 and for decoding value of mb_type it will read next bits from bitstream. So in my encoder I must put first 9 bits. But how to calculate them?

I read H264 standard several times but I can't find information about it. Also I traced JM encoder and found that these 9 bits constantly updated during encoding the macroblock data, even when coding coeffs. But I can't understand on what algorithm.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by prrt; 9th January 2013 at 23:09.
prrt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabac encoder, h.264