Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 4th August 2021, 16:53   #30781  |  Link
abogard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Are you doing a full disc or movie-only backup? If movie-only choose Mode from the top menu and then "Other Movie-Only Playlist". The Directors cut should be the longer playlist, choose that one. BDRB should then show and process only that playlist. I do this all the time and it works great. Good luck!
Thank you. Yes, the problem is that I want a Full Disc backup. I did find that option you're talking about but it only works with movie-only.

By the way, I don't know if anybody knew but DGDecNV is now free to use, all DRM has been removed. Just in case somebody didn't know.
abogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2021, 17:56   #30782  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by abogard View Post
By the way, I don't know if anybody knew but DGDecNV is now free to use, all DRM has been removed. Just in case somebody didn't know.
Maybe jdobbs can bundle DGDecNV with BD Rebuilder.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2021, 03:41   #30783  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
I accept Paypal. Once the funds clear I'll answer your question. Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2021, 03:59   #30784  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abogard View Post
Thank you. Yes, the problem is that I want a Full Disc backup. I did find that option you're talking about but it only works with movie-only.

Didn't know that. Thanks. Still need to use the x32 version with BD-RB though, right? In my experience X264's internal server was faster because it uses an x64 pipe.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2021, 08:49   #30785  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes. The menu itself is not HEVC, but it works with HEVC content.
If I am reading this correctly, when building your own UHD BD discs, the menu backgrounds are still 1080p and not 2160p.

If that is the case, that will cause an issue with many displays/projectors. The projector that I have will upconvert all 1080p video (non-3D) to 2160p. There is a time delay associated with doing that when coming from 1080p source or going back to 1080p source.

The 4K UHD BD player that I have can be set to upconvert all video (non 3D) to 2160p. At this point in time, I do not know what the delay is going back and forth between 1080p and 2160p.

What I am trying to hint at is that it would be great if the menus are also 2160p, On the list of things to do?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2021, 13:26   #30786  |  Link
MrVideo

Added feature suggestion.

In a nutshell: The ability to save the Quick-Play Menu Title Editor information.

Many a time I've had to redo a disc as I'm testing things out or just plain screwed up. That means redoing the job from scratch. Frankly, it sucks.

By adding an option on that dialog screen to save the contents so that it can be reloaded, would be perfect. The info can be saved in the same EPR file format. That way, after BDRB is started, the open project option would load and because it had play menu info, it would go directly to that dialog box. There would be a new option on the dialog that would allow for adding additional file(s).

If a user wanted a clean slate, after initially setting up a project, before any files are imported, the project can be saved with a name that indicated that it was a template.

Thanks for considering this improvement.
Old 5th August 2021, 14:36   #30787  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oooooookay... well, I guess I need to make another $100 donation or something in order to get my question answered...
What question is that?
Old 5th August 2021, 18:07   #30788  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
What question is that?
This one?

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...32#post1948032
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2021, 01:20   #30789  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Okay, now that the compulsive silliness is outta the way...

I am currently reencoding a Blu-ray that is about 31 Gigs. Since it is a bit bigger than most, I'm using Default 2 Pass with some x264 tweaks that I normally use in a case like this.

Since you, JD, had said that the difference in the x264-64.exe and the x264L-64.exe is the non 'L' is the current version or an updated version that will run better with the DirectShow frame server as opposed to the internal LAV one. So, I switched to using the DirectShow figuring I'm using the newest, fasted version of x264, right?

However, I checked my TM during the first pass, and it is showing just the x264.exe being used and NOT the x264-64.exe...??? Why? I am not currently using any Avisynth. Why is BDRB using the NON-64 version?

Thanks!
If you have selected DirectShowSource as your frame server... you are using AVISYNTH. That is unless you are using NVENC... but under certain circumstances even that uses AVISYNTH.

When you run the job, look at LASTCMD.TXT in the BD-RB folder. It will show you the exact command line used for the last encode.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th August 2021 at 01:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2021, 02:22   #30790  |  Link
MrVideo

DD+ is allowed on Blu-ray discs:

https://www.dolby.com/uploadedFiles/...l-plus-faq.pdf

https://professional.dolby.com/globa...tech-paper.pdf

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00029663

Since DD+ has a DD AC-3 core, it passes the audio requirement, like Dolby TrueHD, which has an AC-3 core.

Am I missing something or is something being left out in these papers?
Old 9th August 2021, 08:50   #30791  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Since DD+ has a DD AC-3 core, it passes the audio requirement, like Dolby TrueHD, which has an AC-3 core.
DD+ with an AC3 core is a mandatory requirement for Blu-ray spec compliant muxes. But it's not mandatory for HD DVD disc spec muxes or for DVB-T/S/C broadcasting.

EDIT: Currently (as far as I know), no 'freeware' encoder is able to generate DD+ audio streams with an AC3 core - not even an empty core...

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 10th August 2021 at 09:13.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2021, 03:22   #30792  |  Link
MrVideo

Well, that takes care of that.
Old 12th August 2021, 00:33   #30793  |  Link
Richard1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
EDIT: Currently (as far as I know), no 'freeware' encoder is able to generate DD+ audio streams with an AC3 core - not even an empty core...
What's interesting is that if you encode to eac3@640kbps with a recent build of ffmpeg (for example, the one from Hybrid), tsMuxeR reads the result as Bitrate: 640Kbps core 0Kbps and will mux it to a BD structure, which plays in mpv. (You can even demux the stream with the "Downconvert E-AC3 to AC3" option, though the resulting file is, of course, empty.) But the BD structure doesn't have a playlist, because the stream isn't technically BD compliant. Maybe it's possible to make a playlist that will fool a stand-alone player.
Old 13th August 2021, 02:27   #30794  |  Link
raul124

One question, a while back before UHD-Rebuilder. I was able to take a Bluray disk and turn it into a regular DVD-5 with BD-rebuilder to play it in my car video console. Does anyone remember the process to accomplish this?
raul124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2021, 20:14   #30795  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul124 View Post
One question, a while back before UHD-Rebuilder. I was able to take a Bluray disk and turn it into a regular DVD-5 with BD-rebuilder to play it in my car video console. Does anyone remember the process to accomplish this?
Long time ago.... hard to remember, but try
Mode->Movie-Only backup->Alternate Movie-Only Output->DVD-5 (first item in the list)

I didn't really try though.

Last edited by Sharc; 13th August 2021 at 20:29.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2021, 21:12   #30796  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Long time ago.... hard to remember, but try
Mode->Movie-Only backup->Alternate Movie-Only Output->DVD-5 (first item in the list)

I didn't really try though.
Yep. Exactly how you do it.
Old 15th August 2021, 13:47   #30797  |  Link
MrVideo

Full Backup mode set, but it seems to have done movie-only backup.

I set BDRB to do a full backup of a UHD disc, only keeping the ENG audio and sub-titles, but that isn't what happened. There are 91 M2TS files, yet only the movie M2TS was there in the backup. No menu file, none of the support M2TS files, etc.

Is there something that I set wrong?

Edit: Oh, and when I import the BD, it brings up the Quick Play menu editor.
Also, in case it helps with debugging, I renamed the INI file because I modified it for doing Blu-ray building of individual files. So, when BDRB was started, a new INI was created. I then reset some paths and selected NVENC for encoding.

Edit2: I take that back, it seems to be Quick Play mode.

Last edited by MrVideo; 16th August 2021 at 01:47.
Old 16th August 2021, 02:25   #30798  |  Link
BuddTX

Hi JDobbs and everyone!

I have a question, while I wait for the Nvidia GeForce RTX 30 series to become available again, and affordable, I have a GTX 1050 TI, that does not support "B-Frames".

Is there any function within BDRebuilder that could somehow "make up" for not supporting B-Frames?

Maybe like forcing a two pass scan or something similar. I seem to have good results with NVENC encoding, I make sure I am using recent NVidia drivers, and a recent version of the NVEncC.exe executable.

Of course I am not asking to somehow magically enable a function that my hardware is unable to do. I am asking what options I might be able to enable within BDRebuilder to make sure that my quality is as good and as small as it can be, at a given CQM, with my current graphics card.

Thank you Jdobbs and everyone for giving my question some attention!

Last edited by BuddTX; 16th August 2021 at 05:28.
BuddTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2021, 06:40   #30799  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Thank you kindly mate
Old 16th August 2021, 06:45   #30800  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
If you have selected DirectShowSource as your frame server... you are using AVISYNTH. That is unless you are using NVENC... but under certain circumstances even that uses AVISYNTH.

When you run the job, look at LASTCMD.TXT in the BD-RB folder. It will show you the exact command line used for the last encode.
Thanks.

So, it looks like my choices are either to use DirectShow and it uses the more recent but NON-64 .exe, or I select internal LAV and that uses the really old L64 .exe. I guess that's it... I wonder which one's faster...