Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Old 4th November 2014, 10:02   #1061  |  Link
jpsdr

Do you know, by any luck, on what kind of file you can find this tag, others than flac ?
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 10:37   #1062  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
Do you know, by any luck, on what kind of file you can find this tag, others than flac ?
Perhaps you (and your friends) should obtain some actual HDCD disc's to determine the differences between a regular audio CD and an HDCD before moving onto the subject of audio encoders making use of the HDCD flag...

As for generating 24-bit Flac files from "24-bit audio wave file extracted from a Blu-Ray .m2ts" files. LameXP does not have any problems handling/encoding these. And given such content does not contain any HDCD data, the 24-bit Flac encode does not require any additional flagging!

It would seem somebody somewhere is getting themselves very confused. And spouting their confusion onto others!
Old 4th November 2014, 10:43   #1063  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
In that case, maybe eac3to add something more on his own on the flac header, not added by flac.exe, but still compliant to flac standard/header...?
Have a look at the eac3to change log, it's custom meta-data:
Code:
v2.67
* information about HDCD and real bitdepth is now stored into FLAC metadata
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 11:37   #1064  |  Link
jpsdr

Ok, thanks for all these informations.
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 22:02   #1065  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi LoRd_MuldeR,

I'm currently running an evaluation version of Windows 10 64-bit. Before LameXP starts up I see the following message: -

Just thought you'd like to know... It seems to be working okay
Old 12th November 2014, 22:54   #1066  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Hi LoRd_MuldeR,

I'm currently running an evaluation version of Windows 10 64-bit. Before LameXP starts up I see the following message: -

Just thought you'd like to know... It seems to be working okay
See these commits, just a few hours ago:
* https://bitbucket.org/lord_mulder/la...d82c0e0f94062f
* https://bitbucket.org/lord_mulder/la...44bd8e7f0b886b
Old 13th November 2014, 10:30   #1067  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Amazing
Old 25th November 2014, 23:09   #1068  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

LameXP Test-Build r1598

This is the first version after major refactoring of the LameXP codebase. Actually, that process is still in progress and will not be completed anytime soon. The reason is that, over the years, a lot of code had accumulated in the LameXP project that was not specific to LameXP at all. Even worse, a lot of that code is required in other projects (Simple x264 Launcher, MediaInfoXP, DoubleFileScanner, etc) too. So far, this had been handled in a "copy and past" fashion, which has lead to loads of redundant code. In the past few days I finally took the opportunity to refactor all the code in LameXP that is not specific to LameXP into a separate library. My goal is to use that library also in all the other projects, once it is complete.

If all went well so far, users should not notice a difference. Anyway, take this version with a grain of salt and please report any regressions you may notice...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 25th December 2014 at 14:31.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 11:03   #1069  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hello,

I've just tried running the new build using Win10 64-bit Build 9879. And I got this: -

What does it all mean? Cheers
Old 26th November 2014, 11:48   #1070  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

I'd double-check that all the files were extracted with folders, and barring that see if permissions don't deny anything; that would show up if the imageformats folder is missing or can't be read for some reason.

Mulder, I hate to say it, but I just put this on my new laptop for the first time, and this is one of the more unpleasant "first impressions" of a software I've ever used, up there with Autodesk or Adobe. Four popups in a row, two of which couldn't be clicked away without waiting a few seconds. If I didn't appreciate LameXP's usefulness, I'd immediately remove it.

Regarding AAC popup: I would make that happen when you click on the AAC format, no sooner, rather than greying it out. Actually I'd make it a big warning on the panel, not a pop-up, but sometimes you just have to get in someone's face.

Regarding updates: Holy hell, do that in the background. Reminds me of smplayer's obnoxious "no updates found!" popup every reboot.

Regarding translations: Is annoying thousands of people who can't contribute worth the hope that one might?
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 12:18   #1071  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
I'd double-check that all the files were extracted with folders, and barring that see if permissions don't deny anything; that would show up if the imageformats folder is missing or can't be read for some reason.
Everything looks to have extracted and the imageformats folder is present. And I tried copying the files within the imageformats folder and placing them within the main folder: -

Old 26th November 2014, 16:59   #1072  |  Link
lethedoom

PROBLEM HAS RESOLVED

LameXP Test-Build r1598 is not available.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lame...5.zip/download

leads to a dead download link or alternatively to

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lame...hots%20(BETA)/

where 2014-10-05 is now the latest posting. I recall seeing a later file (11/17 ?) which is now gone.

Now it is even worse--basically offline.

The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.

SF.net Operations @sfnet_ops
There's instability and frequent 500 errors on the SourceForge site currently. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can

LameXP Test-Build r1598 opened without problems and functioned as well as earlier versions. Thanks for your generosity.

I don't know what QAAC is about.Log images attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 27th November 2014 at 02:00.
lethedoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 20:23   #1073  |  Link
mariush

Latest Avira detects lxp_mpg123.exe as infected with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen ... lamexp (1582) crashes with an error "unable to lock file" or something like that.

I agree that the message box with forced delay of 8-10s is over the top.
mariush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2014, 01:44   #1074  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
I've just tried running the new build using Win10 64-bit Build 9879. And I got this: -

What does it all mean? Cheers
First of all, it means that I have the message and the title interchanged in that error dialog box

Secondly, it means that Qt failed to load its Image I/O plug-in's for some reason

Actually I was able to reproduce this error on my Windows 10 Preview VM, while it works perfectly fine for me on my Windows XP VM as well as on my Windows 8.1 VM and on my "main" Windows 7 machine

Either this is some regression in the Preview of Windows 10 that they will fix (hopefully) before the RTM. Or they intentionally changed the DLL loading behavior in a way that breaks Qt's plug-ins

Quote:
Everything looks to have extracted and the imageformats folder is present. And I tried copying the files within the imageformats folder and placing them within the main folder
Image I/O plug-ins need to be in the "imageformats" sub-folder for Qt to recognize them:
http://i.imgur.com/HWrzPEP.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariush View Post
Latest Avira detects lxp_mpg123.exe as infected with TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen ... lamexp (1582) crashes with an error "unable to lock file" or something like that.
If you are an Avira user, you may wish to send a report to the Avira support, so they can fix the bug in their software. Otherwise, just ignore

See also:
http://muldersoft.com/docs/lamexp_faq.html#96205e91

Quote:
Mulder, I hate to say it, but I just put this on my new laptop for the first time, and this is one of the more unpleasant "first impressions" of a software I've ever used, up there with Autodesk or Adobe. Four popups in a row, two of which couldn't be clicked away without waiting a few seconds. If I didn't appreciate LameXP's usefulness, I'd immediately remove it.
Please note that this is a pre-release beta build and neither the "call for translators" notification nor the "debug console" window is present in regular release builds.

Also note that the notice about the missing AAC encoder will appear only if you haven't installed the Nero AAC encoder yet. Once the Nero AAC binary has been put into the correct place, you'll never see the notice again.

Reviewers even explicitly praise the notification, because "the task is not too difficult to carry out as everything is provided for the job: link to the download file, folder location and step by step instructions".

(Of course I'd prefer to have AAC encoder built-in too, but Nero AAC cannot be redistributed for legal reasons. QAAC isn't a practicable alternative here either, because it depends on the proprietary Apple/QuickTime DLL's)

Quote:
Regarding updates: Holy hell, do that in the background. Reminds me of smplayer's obnoxious "no updates found!" popup every reboot.
Many users prefer if the application will not talk to external servers "behind the user's back". Obviously, you can't do it right for everybody.

(If with "smplayer" you are referring to my "MPlayer for Windows" package, then the included auto-updater does not check for updates on every reboot. It only does so once every 30 days)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethedoom View Post
I don't know what QAAC is about. Log images attached.
It means that the optional QAAC add-in is not currently present. If you want to use QAAC (instead of Nero AAC), you may download the required add-in from here.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 27th November 2014 at 02:29.
Old 27th November 2014, 06:18   #1075  |  Link
lethedoom

Avast anti-virus

Avast anti-virus stopped the test version from opening. The program then accepted assurance file was safe and could be excluded from scanning.I restored the sequestered files, deleted the record form the virus chest and then was able to open and use the test version. I was unable to satisfy the information requirements of the false positive submission form, so other Avast users may have the same problem.
Old 27th November 2014, 06:33   #1076  |  Link
mariush

The executable is compressed with UPX 3.91 (executable compressor), which is often used by "bad people" to reduce the executable size of viruses, trojans etc ... it's a good valid compressor, but a bad reputation due to the above mentioned things.

You could just unpack the executable (436,238 bytes uncompressed vs 169,998 bytes compressed) and you've solved the antivirus problem instead of just asking people to disable antivirus software or stop using lamexp until antivirus updates signature database (which could be 1-2 weeks).
mariush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2014, 03:03   #1077  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Hello,

I've just tried running the new build using Win10 64-bit Build 9879. And I got this:

Okay, I now know what caused the problem!

I compiled the program and the "core" Qt DLL's with the current VS2013.4, but for some reason I accidentally included the Qt Plug-in DLL's compiled with VS2010

Mixing DLL's that are linked against different C-Runtimes is a bad idea anyway. But since the VS2010 Runtime DLL's weren't included in the package, the Plug-in DLL's didn't load at all.

(It will be fixed in the next build)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 29th November 2014 at 04:02.
Old 29th November 2014, 03:06   #1078  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

LameXP Test-Build r1603

New build after more refactoring work has been done. This time hopefully with the correct plug-in DLL's included

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 25th December 2014 at 14:31.
Old 29th November 2014, 07:41   #1079  |  Link
lethedoom

I extracted the new test folder and scanned it with Avast which reported no threat. LameXP Test-Build r1603 opened without the debug console and successfully converted flac files to mp3. Is this a beta or an unlabelled 4.11 final ?
Old 29th November 2014, 11:14   #1080  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
LameXP Test-Build r1603
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lame...9.zip/download

New build after more refactoring work has been done. This time hopefully with the correct plug-in DLL's included
I'm happy to confirm it's working a treat now with Win10 64-bit Build 9879

Tags
aac, aotuv, flac, lame, lamexp, mp3, mp4, ogg, oggenc, opus, vorbis