Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 31st January 2022, 13:10   #21  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
EDIT: My 4K ISO aint exactly ultra fast either, think maybe up to about max 27MB/sec or 29MB/sec rip
[but about same when attached directly to machine internal Sata (I think - LibreDrive lifting of speed restrictions not made a great deal of difference)].
I've just tested drive speed in linux MakeMkv, and to my surprise, speed was still rising when rip stopped,
max speed at rip end 51.8 MB/sec, bit faster than I had thought, maybe is nice clean disk and other tested disks dirty-ish.
Maybe LibreDrive lifting of speed restrictions did make a difference.
[think was about 11X or 12X, i dont know the MB/s to X times translation whatsit, think the 14 in drive name {LG WH14NS40} is supposed to be max read {or is it write} speed]

EDIT: Just tested another disk, and got same max speed as original estimate, about 27MB/s max.
No idea why one disk rips twice as fast as the other, I believe there are several types of Blu-ray disk, but what those differences are, I have no idea.
(only got my 1st BD drive about 6 weeks ago)

EDIT: Just done another disk, max'd out at about 30MB/s again.
The fast disk had about 22GB content, other disks more, so perhaps speed difference down to fast disk being single layer, and
slow disks being dual layer, or something like that. [fast was still accelerating when ended, slow reached a peak ~30MB/s then got slower]

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st January 2022 at 14:37.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote