Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 25th November 2018, 05:09   #28141  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
I recently re-installed MPC-HC, maybe it's got something to do with it (codecs?).
I have been using MPC-HC exclusively other than PowerDVD 12. VLAN is a great program, but I was very bothered that it didn't save/respect GUI settings/positions. Otherwise, a fantastic program. I prefer the settings of MPC-HC a lot, and always conforms to a file's Video resolutions and I've never had to adjust it..unlike VLAN.

MPC-HC doesn't install LAV. Installing LAV would prompt for replacement if so. Always has with previous versions.

Quote:
Of course, but don't you think it's injecting a lot of off-topic clutter into an already extremely long and dense thread?

This thread used to be dedicated to bug reports and possible discussions with JDobbs about them. Haven't been back for a couple of years. I'm surprised that it's changed so much.
The thread IS dedicated to bug reports. When there is one presented look at the replies. Look at the Help that comes across and even the silent people come out and support. Freely, I'll add. A Serious Mindset is a stagnant one. Pixar is a company that has replaced animation as it used to be. They have often breaks from the "Seriousness" of animations; to just be silly. That really helps to inspire creativity; being goofy or a Stooge of The 3 Stooges or Alan Alda from M*A*S*H*...he was very funny in situation deemed serious.

Do you have ANY idea how cold and _boring_ many people think Video Editing/Understanding actually ISSS?? Outside of those really into it? This group makes it fun...I think. JD, I also sense understands that. Listen also, to the sound of his Hair being yanked on about 4K and stuff.. He's really pushing the limits of hair growth.

If JD wants to step on Lathe's nuts or breasts to get a message across...we'll laugh as we hear the screams and respect that message. It's HIS program...and we are aware of that. Besides all of that, it's the few the break the rules of Doom9...and JD steps in very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
...Just my lowly [wretched] opinion...

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 25th November 2018 at 05:13.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 13:07   #28142  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
MPC-HC doesn't install LAV
Actually, it does have LAV filters with it
Check the portable version so you don't have to install it
Or look in the internal filters section at the the bottom, MPC_HC uses them by default
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 14:03   #28143  |  Link
gg72

I'm upgrading my CPU and I'm wondering which cpu would be more beneficial towards using BD Rebuilder (encoding HD/1080p materials): Intel i5-8600 or Ryzen 7 1800X?
gg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 18:32   #28144  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe
... and, we can easily arrange for another 2 year absence
I see. You seem to consider this thread as your own private playing field, then? In you book, those of us who are actually still interested in BD-Rebuilder's evolution are not welcome here anymore, unless they fully accept you as the thread's lord, and kiss your feet?

@Gonca, thanks for the hint, I'm currently investigating that.

@AmigaFuture: can you tell me something I don't know already? Your post feels like an overlong Strawman argument: when did I say that I didnt like humour? Or wanted only seriousness?

Actually, I think I WILL be away again from this thread for some time. Not my kind of place. It DOES feel like Facebook. Sorry, JDobbs: I'm still in awe at your work and extremely thankful.
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 19:47   #28145  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I see. You seem to consider this thread as your own private playing field, then? In you book, those of us who are actually still interested in BD-Rebuilder's evolution are not welcome here anymore, unless they fully accept you as the thread's lord, and kiss your feet?
Yep... you hit it dead on my friend...

Wow, I've got to hand it to you mate, you are one sharp, incisive fellow!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 00:55   #28146  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Actually, it does have LAV filters with it
Check the portable version so you don't have to install it
Or look in the internal filters section at the the bottom, MPC_HC uses them by default
Hmm, then perhaps I sit corrected, g.
Old 26th November 2018, 01:08   #28147  |  Link
AmigaFuture

My reply was misunderstood by you. Okay. I don't know what an overlong Stawman is and maybe sometime I'll check into it. Anyway, I thought Lathe's post was pretty good, and then the short version was him adding some humor. Which you misread, I thnk. I'm glad gonca was able to help. Texts aren't always read as intended, that's why I tend to not take anything too seriously...especially online.

Edit: If I were someone to be offended, even easily, I might be. But I'm not..so, okay.. Funny.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 26th November 2018 at 01:19.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 06:25   #28148  |  Link
MrVideo

DVD Disc Not Read Correctly

Well, this is an unexpected surprise. The 100 S5 D3 was not read correctly. BDRB lists the PlayAll and a :13 piece. It did not list the three special features or the four individual episodes. DVDFab listed all of the titles.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this one.

UPDATE: Another two DVDs partially not liked: Pretty Little Liars S7 D1. It shows the episodes play all, 3 episodes and 1 bonus. There are actually 6 episodes and 3 bonus. Pretty Little Liars S7 D2, 1 bonus missing from list. VideoReDo lists them all. Extracted with DVDFab just fine.

Last edited by MrVideo; 28th November 2018 at 06:56.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 16:29   #28149  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Well, this is an unexpected surprise. The 100 S5 D3 was not read correctly. BDRB lists the PlayAll and a :13 piece. It did not list the three special features or the four individual episodes. DVDFab listed all of the titles.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this one.
Is that a DVD or BD?
Old 27th November 2018, 16:42   #28150  |  Link
jdobbs

Just a note on UHD-BD status. I've decided that X265's HEVC output and TSMUXER aren't compatible. The problem, I believe, is fully the fault of TSMUXER -- although I still can't figure why it doesn't have issues with original sources. Maybe it does, and they just aren't obvious, I don't know.

So for the last several days I've been poring over the H.265 specification and writing code to do the muxing (for hevc) myself. I've made a lot of progress. In my next step I'll use TSMUXER to create a disc structure using just the audio/subtitles and a dummy video segment. I will then merge my correctly muxed video into the result. I'll then have to update the MPLS and CLPI to match the new M2TS (packet pointers and PTS's for iframes etc.)

When I complete that... I'll release a version that works with UHD for further testing. Then I will go back and start writing code for other video, audio, and subtitle streams. The eventual goal is that I'll complete a replacement for TSMUXER and integrate it -- but that may take some time.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th November 2018 at 16:45.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 18:15   #28151  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Just a note on UHD-BD status. I've decided that X265's HEVC output and TSMUXER aren't compatible. The problem, I believe, is fully the fault of TSMUXER -- although I still can't figure why it doesn't have issues with original sources. Maybe it does, and they just aren't obvious, I don't know.

So for the last several days I've been poring over the H.265 specification and writing code to do the muxing (for hevc) myself. I've made a lot of progress. In my next step I'll use TSMUXER to create a disc structure using just the audio/subtitles and a dummy video segment. I will then merge my correctly muxed video into the result. I'll then have to update the MPLS and CLPI to match the new M2TS (packet pointers and PTS's for iframes etc.)

When I complete that... I'll release a version that works with UHD for further testing. Then I will go back and start writing code for other video, audio, and subtitle streams. The eventual goal is that I'll complete a replacement for TSMUXER and integrate it -- but that may take some time.
Which version of tsmuxer are you using? I think to remember that versions 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 (latest) introduced bugs which were not present with 2.6.9. The bugs may affect subtitles only though, I don't now. Just in case if this should matter.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 18:34   #28152  |  Link
zamengo

Quote:

So for the last several days I've been poring over the H.265 specification and writing code to do the muxing (for hevc) myself. In my next step I'll use TSMUXER to create a disc structure using just the audio/subtitles and a dummy video segment. I will then merge my correctly muxed video into the result. I'll then have to update the MPLS and CLPI to match the new M2TS (packet pointers and PTS's for iframes etc.)

Nice!

I have a lot of discs to test.

My purpose is to reauthor discs, insert another audio tracks / subs, and I have sinc issues with the last version.

I try to use original disc, but the BDRB give me a error when try to MUX without reencode:

Quote:
[11/27/18] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[13:59:26] Source: AVENGERS_INFINITY_WAR
- Input BD size: 61,40 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:37:16.552]
- Target BD size: 62,50 GB
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: FFMPEG
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[13:59:27] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [13:59:27] Processing: VID_00042 (1 of 1)
- [13:59:27] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00042]
- Extracting video streams [VID_00042]
- Extracting audio streams [VID_00042]
- [14:10:58] Reencoding video [VID_00042]
- [14:10:58] Keeping original video (no reencode)
- [14:10:58] Processing audio tracks
- Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
- Track 4353 (eng): Keeping original audio
- Track 4354 (fra): Keeping original audio
- Track 4355 (spa): Keeping original audio
- Track 4356 (jpn): Keeping original audio
- [14:10:59] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00042.meta
- Bitstream exception Unknown exception. It does not have to be! Please contact application support team for more information.
[14:11:36] - Failed to build structure, aborted
I miss something?

MUX_00042.META:

Quote:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --blu-ray --vbr --auto-chapters=5 --vbv-len=500 --start-time=27000000
V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4113.hevc", fps=23.976, contSPS
A_AC3, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4352.AC3", timeshift=-1ms, lang=eng
A_AC3, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4353.AC3", lang=eng
A_AC3, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4354.AC3", lang=fra
A_AC3, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4355.AC3", lang=spa
A_AC3, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4356.AC3", lang=jpn
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4768.sup",lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4769.sup",lang=fra
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4770.sup",lang=spa
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4771.sup",lang=zho
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4772.sup",lang=jpn
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4773.sup",lang=kor
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4774.sup",lang=tha
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4775.sup",lang=zho
S_HDMV/PGS, "D:\BD25\WORKFILES\00042.track_4776.sup",lang=eng
zamengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 18:39   #28153  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Is there a way to keep FLAC audio tracks when converting MKV to Blu-ray? either as WAV or at least as AC3.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 18:54   #28154  |  Link
ocean

Quote:
Hi jdobbs, I confirm that the problem is borne by TSMuxer, but is also found on the original titles, thanks again for your great work.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 19:58   #28155  |  Link
Acerjen

Quote:
The problem, I believe, is fully the fault of TSMUXER -- although I still can't figure why it doesn't have issues with original sources. Maybe it does, and they just aren't obvious, I don't know.
I believe you are correct as I have had slight pauses during playback on UHD Sources where all I did was remove some audio tracks to get it down to BD-50 size. The picture quality was excellent but the slight pauses were noticeable on both software and hardware players. The audio never pauses, just the video.

Thank you for the time you are putting into this. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 21:16   #28156  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:

Boss, you are the Living $h..z mate!
Old 27th November 2018, 21:21   #28157  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
Is there a way to keep FLAC audio tracks when converting MKV to Blu-ray? either as WAV or at least as AC3.
IDK if BDRB natively converts FLAC files (I would think so) but, if you are muxing your OWN Blu-ray disc, just use UsEac3to (that is the GUI I use) drop in the original video file, choose the FLAC stream in the drop down INPUT menu, and then choose either the AC3 or I THINK it is the W64 for OUTPUT that will mux as a Wav file properly into a BD format. If you check the bitrate of the FLAC file first, many times especially in older films, the bitrate is usually lower than 640 and you can just use AC3. If you are unsure, play the file with Foobar2000 and it will show you the audio bitrate.
Old 27th November 2018, 22:52   #28158  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Which version of tsmuxer are you using? I think to remember that versions 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 (latest) introduced bugs which were not present with 2.6.9. The bugs may affect subtitles only though, I don't now. Just in case if this should matter.
It wouldn't matter anyway... I think only v2.6.12 supports HEVC.
Old 27th November 2018, 23:49   #28159  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
It affects the subtitles on remux
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...84#post1858284
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 03:32   #28160  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Is that a DVD or BD?
The title of the post indicated what it is.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote