Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th December 2016, 20:15   #25301  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuby View Post
Hi,

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but since I upgraded to the latest version I have the following issue: in Movie-Only Backup with Alternate Movie-Only Output (MKV Container, 1920x1080, 640Kbs DD5.1) and two pass target size 8152 I only get 10 min of the movie encoded. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Here is the log from the last encode:

----------------------
[12/09/16] BD Rebuilder v0.50.20
[15:17:28] Source: ARIES_DISC1_WL_00800
- Input BD size: 36.51 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:12:56.301]
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, 640Kbs DD5.1
- Quality: High Quality (Default)
- Automatic cropping of borders enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[15:17:29] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:17:29] Processing: VID_00800 (1 of 1)
- [15:17:29] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00800]
- [15:19:26] Reencoding video [VID_00800]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 191,240 frames
- Bitrate: 7,732 Kbs
- [15:19:26] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 1 of 2
- [15:29:25] Reencoding: VID_00800, Pass 2 of 2
[15:30:15]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
----------------------

Best regards,
Djuby
is this only disc in question causing issues or other as well.
Old 10th December 2016, 02:27   #25302  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
This is really weird. I tested the new version, and it seems that the problem has gone away. Running in X264/LAVF is just as fast as the DirectshowSource() encode (actually a couple of fps faster). That's good, right?

But then I went back through all the X264 versions, and I can't seem to be able to repeat the issue at all anymore. All of them seem to be about the same speed. I'm really confused now.
Oh great... Our Leader in confused...

Talk about your world of Reality being shaken...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2016, 15:18   #25303  |  Link
Djuby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Good call HWK. Did another disk and all was OK. With the problem one I imported the M2TS and looks like there is no issue so far - first pass was OK, now doing the second one. The question is, why with the previous version of the BD Rebuilder (v0.50.18) the issue was not present?

Best regards,
Djuby
Old 10th December 2016, 15:29   #25304  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Code:
[15:30:15]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
I'm curious as to why it said that you requested that the job be stopped.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 03:12   #25305  |  Link
Lathe

Change of x264 preset=slow...

FWIW, as far as any of you who also use x264 presets on occasion, I just did an encode with the x264-64.exe used in the latest version of BDRB and I was surprised that with the preset=slow setting (blu-ray compatible added too of course) that now that setting uses me=hex instead of umh. I don't fully understand everything about it, but I had asked on Videohelp because my encode had that parameter change and I wondered why. According to the VideoLan link in the answer I was given, the developers apparently decided to swap out me=umh with hex AND substitute trellis=2 instead of 1 because they said the net effect was better and took about the same amount of time. So, those 2 changes AFAIK were made to the Slow setting if any of you happened to be unaware of it, because I sure didn't know...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2016, 19:32   #25306  |  Link
Djuby

Quote:
Will try it and report back.

Edit: Same result :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I'm curious as to why it said that you requested that the job be stopped.
There was no reason to continue with the second pass after just 10 min of encoding in the first one.
Old 11th December 2016, 19:39   #25307  |  Link
Djuby

Audio out of sync

I'm curious why sometimes it happens that the audio goes out of sync in the rebuilt MKV file. It plays well for some time and after a scene with a lot of action (explosion for instance) the audio is out of sync, regardless if the original audio was kept or re-encoded into DD5.1.

Djuby
Old 11th December 2016, 19:46   #25308  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I'm curious why sometimes it happens that the audio goes out of sync in the rebuilt MKV file. It plays well for some time and after a scene with a lot of action (explosion for instance) the audio is out of sync, regardless if the original audio was kept or re-encoded into DD5.1.

Djuby
I haven't had that problem. Anyone else seen this?
Old 11th December 2016, 21:04   #25309  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I personally believe that there is something wrong with your playback equipment.

Until it is played and the audio stream decoded by the amp, it is just a digital stream. There is no way to know what the audio contains when handled by a program like BDRB. Even if recoded, a "loud" section or a "quiet" section isn't going to cause anything to go wrong with the sync.

Play it on another device, computer, etc.
Old 12th December 2016, 05:05   #25310  |  Link
MrVideo

While building an import disc I've noticed a few minor strange things.
  1. After I imported the files, it said that all 12 files met the 10 min import criteria. But, two of the files are well under 10 minutes.
  2. After the job was done importing and putting together the menu and BD file layout, the list of streams did not include the two files under 10 minutes; but the two files are on the disc and included in the menu.
  3. The disc only has two menus, yet there is a PREV on the first page and a NEXT on the 2nd page. Technically there is no page before 1 and no page after 2. While the menu selections work just fine, it is just a little strange.

I wish there was a way in order to be able to go back and keep the text that is on the menu so that if I have to remake the structure, because I had to replace one of the video files (for example), I wouldn't have to re-enter all of the text in the menu.

After redoing the import, maybe BDRB can ask if the previous menu should be used and presented for editing. If the number of imported items is different, then the user should be presented with a fresh menu to edit.
Old 12th December 2016, 08:03   #25311  |  Link
Djuby

Quote:
I personally believe that there is something wrong with your playback equipment.

Until it is played and the audio stream decoded by the amp, it is just a digital stream. There is no way to know what the audio contains when handled by a program like BDRB. Even if recoded, a "loud" section or a "quiet" section isn't going to cause anything to go wrong with the sync.

Play it on another device, computer, etc.
I use MPC-HC for playback. The audio problem is always on the same spot when played over again. I also noticed there is an image distortion (maybe a bad transfer from the BD), like very low bitrate (blocks). Maybe those couple of bad frames are causing the misalignment of audio and video?!
Old 12th December 2016, 11:18   #25312  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I use MPC-HC for playback. The audio problem is always on the same spot when played over again. I also noticed there is an image distortion (maybe a bad transfer from the BD), like very low bitrate (blocks). Maybe those couple of bad frames are causing the misalignment of audio and video?!
It does help in trouble shooting that all of the info be provided. This is an important piece of information.

When there is a glitch in the video and audio, sync loss is very much an issue. When that glitched area is run thru programs like BD-RB, things like this can and do happen.

You need a clean source.
Old 12th December 2016, 15:18   #25313  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
While building an import disc I've noticed a few minor strange things.
  1. After I imported the files, it said that all 12 files met the 10 min import criteria. But, two of the files are well under 10 minutes.
  2. After the job was done importing and putting together the menu and BD file layout, the list of streams did not include the two files under 10 minutes; but the two files are on the disc and included in the menu.
  3. The disc only has two menus, yet there is a PREV on the first page and a NEXT on the 2nd page. Technically there is no page before 1 and no page after 2. While the menu selections work just fine, it is just a little strange.

I wish there was a way in order to be able to go back and keep the text that is on the menu so that if I have to remake the structure, because I had to replace one of the video files (for example), I wouldn't have to re-enter all of the text in the menu.

After redoing the import, maybe BDRB can ask if the previous menu should be used and presented for editing. If the number of imported items is different, then the user should be presented with a fresh menu to edit.
The "Prev" on the first page goes to the last page, which is your case is page 2. The "Next" on the last page goes to the first page (which in your case is page 1).

It's meant as a time saver so you don't have to click back through or forward through all interim pages. But in your case it is a little odd, since there are only two choices and they both go to the same page. I'll look at it, and maybe change it so the "Prev" on the first page and the "Next on the last page aren't there for some small number of pages.

As for remembering the titles, BD-RB will do what you're asking for DVDs and BD imports, but it's a little harder for files (because you may be importing only a couple of files from a directory filled with files). But I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th December 2016 at 15:21.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 15:23   #25314  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The image distortion you mentioned is almost always an indicator of a bad rip. There are frames missing (or inserted) at that point, and that is why the audio goes out of sync. About all you can do is a re-rip.
Old 12th December 2016, 16:08   #25315  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
The "Prev" on the first page goes to the last page, which is your case is page 2. The "Next" on the last page goes to the first page (which in your case is page 1).
Yep, that is exactly what it does.
Quote:
It's meant as a time saver so you don't have to click back through or forward through all interim pages. But in your case it is a little odd, since there are only two choices and they both go to the same page. I'll look at it, and maybe change it so the "Prev" on the first page and the "Next on the last page aren't there for some small number of pages.
I see what you are trying to accomplish. Let's take for example a three-page menu. If on the last page, instead of clicking on PREV twice to get to the first page, you just click on NEXT. If on the first page, click on PREV to get to the last. Instead of NEXT and PREV for button names, how about FIRST and LAST, respectively. Then the button names will better describe the actual function. (Only on the first and last pages, otherwise PREV and NEXT on all other pages.)
Quote:
As for remembering the titles, BD-RB will do what you're asking for DVDs and BD imports, but it's a little harder for files (because you may be importing only a couple of files from a directory filled with files). But I'll see what I can do.
Ah yes. I wasn't thinking about only some files from the many. In my case, I work from a directory only containing the files I'll be including, as they will always be from projects. Even with only choosing some files from a bunch, asking the user if they wanted to re-edit the menu could still apply. If importing from a completely different directory, the question would not be asked.

Even if a user imported different files from the same directory, they might be related and re-editing a previous menu might be easier than starting from scratch, i.e., it would act as a template.

I look forward to what you come up with.

Thanks.
Old 13th December 2016, 15:24   #25316  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Anyone try a "Alt Movie Only w/intact audio" on The Secret Life of Pets (USA)?

I'm getting the attach pop-up message when BD Rebuilder is starting to extract... If I choose YES, it continues processing, completes fine, and I get my output MKV.

Playing the MKV on my Fire TV in Kodi/SPMC, it reports track 1 as Dolby TrueHD 7.1. Track 2 is unknown 5.1, and track 3 is AC3 Stereo. All three sound the way I expect (sounds the same as when using the disc in my bluray player).

This is the first time I got that message. I'm guessing its something specific with this disc?

EDIT: I also get this message (a few times with other PID's) when doing a full backup output BD-25.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 13th December 2016 at 15:54.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 15:55   #25317  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Anyone try a "Alt Movie Only w/intact audio" on The Secret Life of Pets (USA)?

I'm getting the attach pop-up message when BD Rebuilder is starting to extract... If I choose YES, it continues processing, completes fine, and I get my output MKV.

Playing the MKV on my Fire TV in Kodi/SPMC, it reports track 1 as Dolby TrueHD 7.1. Track 2 is unknown 5.1, and track 3 is AC3 Stereo. All three sound the way I expect (sounds the same as when using the disc in my bluray player).

This is the first time I got that message. I'm guessing its something specific with this disc?
That message comes from DGIndexNV. You can make that go away and take the default with an INI setting (DGIndexNV.ini in the folder where you have it installed). I believe it is ResponseOnAudioMismatch=0 (at least that's what I have in my INI).

Or, easier I guess, you can open up DGIndexNV and set the default response under the Options menu.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th December 2016 at 15:58.
Old 13th December 2016, 16:15   #25318  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
That message comes from DGIndexNV. You can make that go away and take the default with an INI setting (DGIndexNV.ini in the folder where you have it installed). I believe it is ResponseOnAudioMismatch=0 (at least that's what I have in my INI).

Or, easier I guess, you can open up DGIndexNV and set the default response under the Options menu.
Awesome! Thanks! I didn't know that. (I just installed and left defaults)

If I go into the DGIndexNV app, and select "use PAT/PMT" it sets ResponseOnAudioMismatch=1 in the ini. ResponseOnAudioMismatch=0 is "prompt" which is how it was set.

Which is normally preferred? PAT/PMT or Detected? (for now, I've set it for Use PAT/PMT)

Last edited by Mark_Venture; 13th December 2016 at 16:17.
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2016, 16:27   #25319  |  Link
jdobbs

Yeah, I think that's right, but it's been a while. I just noticed that setting it to "0" tells it to prompt myself, so that wouldn't be it. Since my card is no longer supported by DGDecNV (because of Windows 10), I've been using DirectShowSource.
Old 13th December 2016, 16:50   #25320  |  Link
jdobbs

Well I'll be damned. I'm glad you mentioned this. When I installed Windows 10 I read the information that DGDecNV wouldn't work with older cards (and mine is pretty old) -- and I just shrugged my shoulders and stopped using it. When I was opening DGIndexNV responding your your bug report, I tried an index a file for the hell of it. It told me the key was not valid. "Huh?" I thought. So I downloaded another key from Neuron2's site. Well... it started working again. All this time I though it was my card -- when what happened was that Windows 10 changed my machine ID.

Too bad I wasn't born smarter. I should have noticed that a long time ago.

That's great. I've always preferred DGDecNV!

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th December 2016 at 20:55.