Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd August 2018, 10:48   #27561  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
After a few tests..I can confirm that BD-RB (by way, MP4Box) has a sync problem. I'm able to import some TS/MKV files and Alternatively create MKV/MP4 and only MKV sync is fine.
Hi AmigaFuture,

in case BD-RB detects a delay it instructs MP4Box to use a delay on that audio stream like this:

mp4box -add video_file -add audio_file:delay=<delay>:lang=<lang> -new output

Be aware that this delay is set on container level only.
My experience: The players I use do not respect this tag.
My solution: I set a physical delay with eac3to and remux the source files with MP4Box without delay.

In order to find out the delay to be corrected you may want to playback the file with MPC and use use "+/-" buttons on NUM pad.

You could also redo BD-RB's last step (muxing ro MP4) and examine the used commandline with Process Explorer. Good chance you will see the delay tag there.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 3rd August 2018 at 10:51.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 20:27   #27562  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Appreciate it, ggtop. I haven't checked into it enough but I will. I use MPC-HC x64, and love it for its features (though they have reported that they don't have enough programmers to keep it active. Sad Face! It always respects aspect radios where VLC doesn't, or hasn't and I haven't used than in over a year or more. I didn't consider "+/-", will check.

Edited: Found the typo! Thanks to CV91913 and JDobbs. First looked at a different message. Always appreciate corrections, and I offer them also.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 5th August 2018 at 04:55.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 21:48   #27563  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
My experience: The players I use do not respect this tag.
Quote:
I use MPC-HC x64
FWIW: Last time I tested MPC-HC/LAV supported delays in mp4 just fine.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 00:06   #27564  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Aspect ratios, not audio/video sync.
Old 4th August 2018, 06:33   #27565  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Quote:
I use MPC-HC x64, and love it for it's features (though they have reported that they don't have enough programmers to keep it active.
If you're going to quote me, which is fine, don't remove the punctuation, maybe adjust for it. I'm not a millennial. I care about such stuff. It's part of speech and written grammar. Appreciate it deeply.

I appreciate your comment, but I wasn't referencing delays with MPC-HC, I was commenting on aspect ratios. 1:1, 4:3, 16:9, etc.. I'm not offended, making myself known better. ;-)

LAV might support sync errors better in MP4, but...I still noticed it. I haven't used MP4 in a while, very, very little testing since I haven't used my iPad 2 in a long time that way. Which I'm considering selling.. I don't care for Apple's direction and Copy Protection methods anymore.

Edit: Noticed MP4 A/V Sync errors with MPC-HC. BUT didn't know if it's because OF MPC-HC...when I first reported, and still don't.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 4th August 2018 at 06:41.
Old 4th August 2018, 16:08   #27566  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
If you're going to quote me, which is fine, don't remove the punctuation, maybe adjust for it. I'm not a millennial. I care about such stuff. It's part of speech and written grammar. Appreciate it deeply.
I'm not sure what you are talking about. But, for the record, your use of "it's" in your original post is not the possessive of it. It is the conjunction of it is or it has. Just trying to be grammatically correct.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 18:02   #27567  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

What's this topic about? Bdrb or grammar school?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 21:38   #27568  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
You may be correct as I wasn't very specific. The reason I do not rely on delay-flagged MP4s is that I use the same MP4 on PC, Apple devices and on my TV streamed from my NAS via DLNA.

To clarify my procedure: Mux MP4 with MP4Box without delay first and find out which physical delay needs to get applied to the audio source(s) before correcting with e.g. eac3to. I use MPC-HC for testing and analysing.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 4th August 2018 at 21:41.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 03:05   #27569  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV91913 View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about. But, for the record, your use of "it's" in your original post is not the possessive of it. It is the conjunction of it is or it has. Just trying to be grammatically correct.
"Its part of speech."?? Thats incorrect. So is that. If I'm incorrect or I miss something in proof-reading then I always appreciate it being pointed to.

@ Ch3vr0n

The formulation of thought, and conveying it is improved through grammar.

@ggtop (Man, I keep thinking ZZ Top!! Haw, haw!)

I haven't found an DLNA that does a great job. My BDs are converted to MKV if I don't use discs, and I do. Even the extras are converted to MKV. DLNA do well, it seems on a lot of videos but not all. Especially not with DTS. My HDTV did a "buffering" on the screen several minutes in. I haven't noticed this yet with AC-3, and normally I don't use Streaming because older DLNA actually did on the fly transcoding and I could see it. Grr! HA.

Currently I'm using SmartShare from LG. But I'm still preferring connecting a USB Hard Drive to the TV and that has had 0 problems. I don't rerender much from 1080p, keep it all Lossless video with BD-RB.

I giggled today when I noticed the "Instant Digital Copy" on the over of "Ready Player One", and if more people knew about BD-RB (JD!!!) their copies would be Theirs...for anything device. Currently testing it now with DVD-5/9.
Old 5th August 2018, 03:19   #27570  |  Link
jdobbs

@Rich86

Just wanted to let you know that I ran "Ready Player One" with output set to DVD and your settings. I was able to reproduce the issue. That makes it a lot easier to track it down, so I expect I'll have it fixed for the next release. I'll look at it closer tomorrow.
Old 5th August 2018, 03:21   #27571  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
You may be correct as I wasn't very specific. The reason I do not rely on delay-flagged MP4s is that I use the same MP4 on PC, Apple devices and on my TV streamed from my NAS via DLNA.

To clarify my procedure: Mux MP4 with MP4Box without delay first and find out which physical delay needs to get applied to the audio source(s) before correcting with e.g. eac3to. I use MPC-HC for testing and analysing.

ggtop
I also use a DLNA server for most of my movie playback (Serviio). But I always mux into MKVs rather than MP4s. I assume that's why I've never had an issue with delays.
Old 5th August 2018, 03:30   #27572  |  Link
jdobbs

@AmigaFuture

"its features" rather than "it's features" -- possessive pronoun rule. To be fair, though, you will probably find posts where I have done the same. Frankly, it seems clearer to me.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th August 2018 at 03:34.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 04:53   #27573  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@Rich86

Just wanted to let you know that I ran "Ready Player One" with output set to DVD and your settings. I was able to reproduce the issue. That makes it a lot easier to track it down, so I expect I'll have it fixed for the next release. I'll look at it closer tomorrow.
I came across the same problem using my own config.
Old 5th August 2018, 05:00   #27574  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
@AmigaFuture

"its features" rather than "it's features" -- possessive pronoun rule. To be fair, though, you will probably find posts where I have done the same. Frankly, it seems clearer to me.
Now I found it, I didn't go back far enough. Adjusted and credited. I know credit isn't required, but I thought it funny anyway.

I completely agree now that I figured which one it is. I normally don't miss those. It's (<--) like those "their, there and they're" or "you're" and "your"...those "drive me nuts" when confused. High 5 you 2. Virtual Beer passed to both. Hehe.

JD, I have...I just haven't commented much. For whatever reason. All is good. --------- Jerks! (Muffled laugh)

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 5th August 2018 at 05:02.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:26   #27575  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
If I'm incorrect or I miss something in proof-reading then I always appreciate it being pointed to.
I'm guessing that the following has lots of errors on purpose:
Quote:
I haven't found an [a] DLNA [server] that does a great job. My BDs are converted to MKV if I don't use discs, and I do. Even the extras are converted to MKV. DLNA do[es] well, it seems on a lot of videos[,] but not all. Especially not with DTS. My HDTV did a "buffering" on the screen several minutes in. I haven't noticed this yet with AC-3, and normally I don't use Streaming because [an] older DLNA [server] actually did on the fly transcoding and I could see it. Grr! HA.

Currently I'm using SmartShare from LG. But I'm still preferring connecting a USB Hard Drive to the TV and that has had 0 problems. I don't rerender much from 1080p, keep it all Lossless video with BD-RB.
You do not have the space to store lossless videos, especially movies.
Quote:
I giggled today when I noticed the "Instant Digital Copy" on the [c]over of "Ready Player One", and if more people knew about BD-RB (JD!!!) their copies would be Theirs...for anything device. Currently testing it now with DVD-5/9.
I have a QNAP NAS (TS-451A) that I use only for video streaming to my monitor/amp. I use MyKodi (a QNAP user's special release) to do the streaming. It will work with all of the audio formats, untouched, down the HDMI cable to the amp. The amp then decodes the audio.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 17:42   #27576  |  Link
jdobbs

@Rich86

Well, I found the error. It appears it isn't related to BD-RB, but, instead, the source. It has nothing to do with the subtitles. It seems that an AC3 stream being multiplexed has an issue of some sort. Here is the error that MPLEX is kicking out (apparently at the very end of the stream):

Code:
**ERROR: [mplex.exe] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 470303232 we have a03d - broken bit-stream?
I tried playing the resulting VOB output -- and it appears to be fine. The audio is all there up to the very end. So it must be an end-of-stream detection issue of some sort.

The really interesting part is that I seem to only get the error when I am using your settings! That kinda' defies the logic I see, and I think I'll need to reconfirm that by running the job with my settings again -- as when I used my settings I only kept one audio track. That brings up a final note. The settings you sent me couldn't be exactly what you used when you posted your log -- as this one is set to keep all audio streams (5 of them) and all subtitle streams while your log indicates it is keeping only one.

[Edit] It's the first audio track. The stream is defective. Choose to keep the second (DTS) English track instead. It will be converted to AC3 and will work fine.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th August 2018 at 19:35.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 19:31   #27577  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmigaFuture

"If I'm incorrect or I miss something in proof-reading then I always appreciate it being pointed to.
Quote:
I haven't found an [a] DLNA [server] that does a great job. My BDs are converted to MKV if I don't use discs, and I do. Even the extras are converted to MKV. DLNA do[es] well, it seems on a lot of videos[,] but not all. Especially not with DTS. My HDTV did a "buffering" on the screen several minutes in. I haven't noticed this yet with AC-3, and normally I don't use Streaming because [an] older DLNA [server] actually did on the fly transcoding and I could see it. Grr! HA.render much from 1080p, keep it all Lossless video with BD-RB."

Oh man, giving this kind of stuff to Mr. Video is like giving Heroin to a junkie!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 00:29   #27578  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
@Rich86

Well, I found the error. It appears it isn't related to BD-RB, but, instead, the source. It has nothing to do with the subtitles. It seems that an AC3 stream being multiplexed has an issue of some sort. Here is the error that MPLEX is kicking out (apparently at the very end of the stream):

Code:
**ERROR: [mplex.exe] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 470303232 we have a03d - broken bit-stream?
I tried playing the resulting VOB output -- and it appears to be fine. The audio is all there up to the very end. So it must be an end-of-stream detection issue of some sort.

The really interesting part is that I seem to only get the error when I am using your settings! That kinda' defies the logic I see, and I think I'll need to reconfirm that by running the job with my settings again -- as when I used my settings I only kept one audio track. That brings up a final note. The settings you sent me couldn't be exactly what you used when you posted your log -- as this one is set to keep all audio streams (5 of them) and all subtitle streams while your log indicates it is keeping only one.

[Edit] It's the first audio track. The stream is defective. Choose to keep the second (DTS) English track instead. It will be converted to AC3 and will work fine.
Thanks for all your investigation.
Sticking with "Ready Player One" - I only kept the english audio (chose the 1st DTS-MA track & set it as the default) and 1st english subtitles. I believe it works fine if I do not include any subtitles, but I would have to test that again as it has been a while. I am out of town all this coming week, but will test using "Ready Player One" more when I am back home the week following & post with the correct setting log(s). I wonder why these work ok in multiAVCHD? It must not use mplex?

Last edited by Rich86; 6th August 2018 at 04:55.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 01:49   #27579  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Oh man, giving this kind of stuff to Mr. Video is like giving Heroin to a junkie!
ROTFLMAO
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 03:17   #27580  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
ROTFLMAO
I'm glad you're having fun. Do you have a T-Shirt called "I'm silently correcting your grammar."? ;-) I did open the door on purpose, but it's not always easily known, online.

@ Lathe

Hah, hah, haha! That was great!

@ Rich86

"Ready Player One" also does fine if you rip it as Alternate MKV (keeping everything as is) and then import that and use Alternate DVD-5/9. Not everyone wants to go through the extra step.