Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 9th August 2012, 10:55   #1  |  Link
GiantNova

PTS in h264

Hello,

I am trying to synchronize some datas with Video/Audio. The goal is to see the video in sync with the datas. In order to do that, i have the acquisition time of the datas in a timestamp, and i want to compare it with the acquisition time of the video. The question is where can i find or create this info. The video is encoded in h264 then encapsulated in MPEG TS and streamed with UDP/RTP protocol. I want the time which is the closest to the acquisition time of the image. From what i understood, the PTS is the most precise info (compared to the PCR, and the RTP timestamp), but i don't get how it works, what clock the PTS is using and if i can configure the encoder to put the time of capture in the PTS using the clock that is used to time my datas. If you can help me understand how the PTS works (an explanation or some good papers) and if it is possible to get or insert the acquisition time in the PTS that would be great.

Thanks
GiantNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2012, 16:57   #2  |  Link
kieranrk

kieranrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acquisition time, h264, pts