Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 6th July 2013, 00:07   #17581  |  Link
houzer

BD-RB freezes

When backing up 'A Good Day To Die Hard' BD-RB freezes near the end of the second file(00801.m2ts) involved in the rebuild. (Movie Only) The files that were copied to hard disk from Bluray play fine and all the way through with out any hiccups. If I play the file in question in Power DVD It begins to play fine until it gets to the 31 second mark, then it jumps to the end. I noticed that PDVD shows the file as 40 seconds. If I play it with the preview option in BD-RB it shows it as 31 seconds and plays through to the end. When processing the files BD-RB handles the first file OK and then begins working through the second file but freezes just near the end. I can't copy the log because BD-RB is locked up. I've re-copied the file several times and it remains the same. Any ideas how to get around this?
houzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 00:33   #17582  |  Link
gonca

@houzer
Do you get any error messages such as X264.exe has stopped worling?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 02:00   #17583  |  Link
houzer

@gonca

No, nothing. Just stops. I let it sit for a fair amount of time and it stays the same. Clicking anywhere on the program's screen just causes it to whiteout and adds (Not Responding) to the title bar.
Old 6th July 2013, 02:28   #17584  |  Link
gonca

@houzer
Sounds like something is using up your resources in the background. Use task manager to see what is using up your system.
It is also possible it is your antivirus interfering with BD_RB. I did that movie with no problems.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 03:49   #17585  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGBiv-inRI View Post
I had this problem. Everything was working fine until I installed a program that added some codecs of its own (which I was afraid it might even though in the installation step I told it not to add any additional codecs). Removing that program, and then removing and re installing FFDSHOW solved the problem.

SMK
Yep. Good advice. Adding CODEC packs just creates a mess. Not just for BD-RB, but pretty much everything. They intercept, interfere, redirect and all kinds of nasty stuff -- and most of the time the installer doesn't even have the common courtesy to tell you it is doing all this.

FFDSHOW has about every CODEC needed for almost any reason under the sun. No other CODEC pack is needed.
Old 6th July 2013, 03:51   #17586  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by houzer View Post
When backing up 'A Good Day To Die Hard' BD-RB freezes near the end of the second file(00801.m2ts) involved in the rebuild. (Movie Only) The files that were copied to hard disk from Bluray play fine and all the way through with out any hiccups. If I play the file in question in Power DVD It begins to play fine until it gets to the 31 second mark, then it jumps to the end. I noticed that PDVD shows the file as 40 seconds. If I play it with the preview option in BD-RB it shows it as 31 seconds and plays through to the end. When processing the files BD-RB handles the first file OK and then begins working through the second file but freezes just near the end. I can't copy the log because BD-RB is locked up. I've re-copied the file several times and it remains the same. Any ideas how to get around this?
Sounds like a bad rip... that's a pretty new release. But I want that disc anyway, so I'll pick it up and do some testing.
Old 6th July 2013, 04:51   #17587  |  Link
Capsbackup

My full backup to BD-25 of A Good Day To Die Hard caused BD-RB to stop responding/crash on 01288m2ts, which is a 12.0 KB, MPEG-4 AVC, 1920 x 1080, 16:9, 23.976fps, NTSC Progressive file. (Per MediaInfo)
BD-RB could not get past this file!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 04:57   #17588  |  Link
jdobbs

A 12.0 KB 1080p file? That's sounds fishy from the start...
Old 6th July 2013, 05:11   #17589  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
A 12.0 KB 1080p file? That's sounds fishy from the start...
It was a surprise to me too!
My first problem in quite some time.

A late night tonight for you!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 6th July 2013 at 05:16.
Old 6th July 2013, 15:39   #17590  |  Link
ScorpionStingz

I think, this could be a bug.

----------------------
[07/06/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.14 (beta)
[09:53:05] Source: THE_GOONIES_00030
- Input BD size: 19.05 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:53:55.328]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- Mode: iPod MP4, 640x480/360, 128Kbs AAC
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[09:53:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [09:53:05] Processing: VID_00112 (1 of 1)
- [09:53:05] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00112]
- [10:27:27] Reencoding video [VID_00112]
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 163,884 frames
- [10:27:27] Reencoding: VID_00112, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.44.14 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 4422, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[10:27:33] - Failed video encode, aborted

Last edited by ScorpionStingz; 6th July 2013 at 15:52. Reason: SORRY, I FOUND OUT I DID NOT DECRYPT FIRST. PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ERROR POST.
ScorpionStingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 16:19   #17591  |  Link
houzer

Quote:
Sounds like a bad rip... that's a pretty new release. But I want that disc anyway, so I'll pick it up and do some testing.
I ripped that file several times and the result is always the same. Is there a setting in BD-RB to force it through an error/"bad spot" like this and move on to the next file in the queue?
Old 6th July 2013, 17:10   #17592  |  Link
Racer

Is it actually possible to use QuickSync instead of DGDecNV for frameserving. I think my GT520 is limiting very soon if I replace my CPU by a i7 4770; I think QuickSync is faster than a VP5.

There is already a ffdshow version supporting QuickSync, can this one also be used for BD Rebuilder. Thanks!
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 17:24   #17593  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I ripped that file several times and the result is always the same. Is there a setting in BD-RB to force it through an error/"bad spot" like this and move on to the next file in the queue?
What I'm saying is the sometimes when a new protection mechanism is released, you have to wait a bit for the ripping software to compensate. So ripping it over-and-over won't do a thing until that happens. I don't know yet, though, that it even IS a ripping issue.

I picked that disc up today -- and will run it to see what I find. But if it is a new protection, I'd have to leave it to the AnyDVD folks to address it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th July 2013 at 17:29.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 17:27   #17594  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Is it actually possible to use QuickSync instead of DGDecNV for frameserving. I think my GT520 is limiting very soon if I replace my CPU by a i7 4770; I think QuickSync is faster than a VP5.

There is already a ffdshow version supporting QuickSync, can this one also be used for BD Rebuilder. Thanks!
You probably can use it... but since I haven't tested it I can't accept bug reports if it is used.

I'll see if I can find it and test it myself also.
Old 6th July 2013, 17:43   #17595  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Quote:
I have had problems with that title too. In fact, I have ripped it from two different discs with similar results. My problem has not been with BDRB - it finishes ok. However, even when playing the ripped version, it stalls after the initial MGM logo and you have to select skip to next chapter to get it to continue.

I think there is either an authoring problem or a problem with AnyDVDHD.

Last edited by dfsooner; 6th July 2013 at 17:48.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 18:49   #17596  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs, @Capsbackup

Just a note to let you know that on 6/09, I used v.44.09 to perform a full backup to BD-25 of "A Good Day To Die Hard". The resultant disc was processed properly by BD-RB, INCLUDING 01288m2ts, which is a 12.0 KB (and remained as part of the fial backup)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2013, 19:22   #17597  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs, @Capsbackup

Just a note to let you know that on 6/09, I used v.44.09 to perform a full backup to BD-25 of "A Good Day To Die Hard". The resultant disc was processed properly by BD-RB, INCLUDING 01288m2ts, which is a 12.0 KB (and remained as part of the fial backup)...
I just went through my notes... and I see nothing that could affect that. Almost everything in the 0.44.13 release is applicable only to ALTERNATE output and importing.

I'll be running it later today.

[Edit] I just opened the disc for input for a full backup. That file (01288.m2ts) isn't even on the list of files to be processed. It is just copied intact from source to destination. So the only way it could have any impact at is if someone is playing with the hidden settings and has set the minimum M2TS size to something ridiculously small.

I'd recommend that anyone having an issue first try renaming their INI file and reopening BD-RB so it can do the backup with it defaults.

[Edit] Ughhh.. 99 streams to encode. This is taking forever...

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th July 2013 at 23:32.
Old 6th July 2013, 21:34   #17598  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionStingz View Post
[10:27:33] - Failed video encode, aborted

....PLEASE DISREGARD THIS ERROR POST.
If you edit the message...a delete option will be there. If you like.
Old 7th July 2013, 01:54   #17599  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
[Edit] I just opened the disc for input for a full backup. That file (01288.m2ts) isn't even on the list of files to be processed. It is just copied intact from source to destination. So the only way it could have any impact at is if someone is playing with the hidden settings and has set the minimum M2TS size to something ridiculously small.

I'd recommend that anyone having an issue first try renaming their INI file and reopening BD-RB so it can do the backup with it defaults.

[Edit] Ughhh.. 99 streams to encode. This is taking forever...
I did have "MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0", for blanking purposes of fbi warnings, etc... Not sure how else to get them to be available to blank.
(I guess I could just try and go back to multiAVCHD for blanking the warnings after BD-RB completes)
Old 7th July 2013, 02:56   #17600  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I did have "MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0", for blanking purposes of fbi warnings, etc... Not sure how else to get them to be available to blank.
(I guess I could just try and go back to multiAVCHD for blanking the warnings after BD-RB completes)
I just finished a Full Backup of "A Good Day to Die Hard" with no issues using BD-RB with default settings.

I'll set MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0 and look at what is happening. But I would highly recommend that you not use it for standard backups. There's just nothing to be accomplished by deciding to reencode 16KB files other than making things harder. This disc has almost no startups to blank.

[Edit] 337 files to process??? Double uggh... I'll have to run this one overnight

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2013 at 03:20.