Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2020, 03:04   #1901  |  Link
bananenmann

Sorry, I pasted it wrong here... they are indented. See my edited post above (#1899) ... That's exactly how it looks like... but I still get the error message. It seems that the DGDecodeNV.dll still isn't loaded. Silly Question: There is no file called DGSource, right? I just need the files DGDecodeNV.dll, DGIndexNV.exe and my own license.txt in the DGDecNV-Folder, is this correct?

Are you shure there is no typing error in your Manual? It's getting late now, maybe we should sleep over one night.
Thank you for your great effort and help. Good night !!!

Old 26th May 2020, 03:27   #1902  |  Link
Arkana

Hello, which parameter should be keep/changed to encode HDR10+
For HDR10 (not plus) is pretty easy, staxrip loads the HDR metadata automatically
but not for HDR10+
Old 26th May 2020, 03:55   #1903  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananenmann View Post
Sorry, I pasted it wrong here... they are indented. See my edited post above (#1899) ... That's exactly how it looks like... but I still get the error message. It seems that the DGDecodeNV.dll still isn't loaded. Silly Question: There is no file called DGSource, right? I just need the files DGDecodeNV.dll, DGIndexNV.exe and my own license.txt in the DGDecNV-Folder, is this correct?

Are you shure there is no typing error in your Manual?
I'm pretty sure there's no typo in the code of my guide.
I just copy-and-pasted the working code from my app.

Which version are you using? Mine is the latest one, 2.1.1.5.

BTW, did you put blank lines before and after DGSource = section in the profiles? Please double check.

Just for checking, after you finish composing the avs script, can you click Preview Code and copy and paste the code there?

You can see what avs script codes are generated by your AVS profiles.

Make sure LoadPlugin(...) is properly written in the code.

If not, you need to reinstall StaxRip and related apps, I guess.

Last edited by JKyle; 26th May 2020 at 06:52.
Old 26th May 2020, 04:10   #1904  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkana View Post
Hello, which parameter should be keep/changed to encode HDR10+
For HDR10 (not plus) is pretty easy, staxrip loads the HDR metadata automatically
but not for HDR10+
See this post.
Old 26th May 2020, 04:36   #1905  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordalibaski View Post
Just a question mate I have asked this before about boosting the volume on certain vhs captures I used this command

-af dynaudnorm=p=0.94:m=70:s=22

It works when I'm doing ac3 audio but it doesn't work with qaac can the audio boost be done when converting to qaac?
Open the qaac profile:

Choose Normalize and click More...:

You can choose ffmpeg Normalize Method there.

This applies when ffmpeg converts audio files or pipelines them to qaac.

And you can choose parameter settings in the submenu:

BTW, in my experience, volumedetect gives the best result by shifting the volume uniformly.

Other methods sometimes give distortion depending on the source audio.
Old 26th May 2020, 06:33   #1906  |  Link
Arkana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
thanks a lot
Old 26th May 2020, 15:56   #1907  |  Link
lordalibaski

Excellent tut there JKyle thank you.

Edit

@ JKyle

I have tried that twice now mate and there is no improvement in the sound! will tell you what I did

I did the 1st one like you said and clicked normalize then converted which made no difference in the audio, I did this again by unticking normalize and nothing happened.

Though what I have been doing with other files is this

When I add the command line into the custom it boost the sound without that command it does nothing. Though I have tried that command when I try to do a qaac conversion and it comes up with that error I put up earlier.

Last edited by lordalibaski; 26th May 2020 at 18:47.
Old 26th May 2020, 19:25   #1908  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
I did the 1st one like you said and clicked normalize then converted which made no difference in the audio, I did this again by unticking normalize and nothing happened.
Normalize option in qaac puts --normalize switch in its execution in the shell like this:

Code:
qaac64.exe --tvbr 62 --delay -0.001 --normalize
And this works like this in qaac encoding:

Code:
Scanning maximum peak...
4960208/-1 samples processed in 0:00.328
Peak value: 0.535645
If nothing happens, that's something related to your source and qaac encoder. Maybe your source audio already has a peak value that doesn't need to be changed. Then you need to do something other than simply shifting the volume to change the peak value. dynaudnorm can be a useful alternative in this case.

Quote:
Though I have tried that command when I try to do a qaac conversion and it comes up with that error I put up earlier.
Your AC3 encoder profile makes use of ffmpeg as you can see the command line in the bottom.
And it's a matter of course your custom options don't work directly with qaac since dynaudnorm is an ffmpeg only filter.

If you'd like to make use of your favorite dynaudnorm options, you need to either 1) put them in qaac Advanced Audio Options like I showed in the screenshot, or 2) choose ffmpeg instead of qaac as the AAC encoder.

2) will certainly work, but I'm not sure whether 1) will work seamlessly. Check it out yourself.

You need to examine the log file to see how your settings work.
And if normalization does not work, try to find where the dynaudnorm options are missing, and report to @stax76 about this.

Last edited by JKyle; 26th May 2020 at 20:17.
Old 26th May 2020, 20:25   #1909  |  Link
lordalibaski

I can't make my mind up if its doing anything or not lol

This video has very poor audio hence me wanting to boost the sound a bit.

Have a listen to this original capture
Code:
https://fromsmash.com/Sx_EM8QFUX-bt
This is a conversion using the settings you said
Code:
https://fromsmash.com/l1utbSmE5t-bt
I can hear a slight difference but not much. I did 2 the other week testing some settings and you can tell the difference between no boost and boost, check the 2 videos below.

No Boost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WudQY4TSe54

Boost(though it didn't kick in straight away)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5piyj8NhmI
Old 26th May 2020, 20:54   #1910  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Have a listen to this original capture
Code:
https://fromsmash.com/Sx_EM8QFUX-bt
This is a conversion using the settings you said
Code:
https://fromsmash.com/l1utbSmE5t-bt
I can hear a slight difference but not much.
These two are definitely different. I put those two videos in one folder and ran this command in a Command Prompt window:

Code:
for %a in (*.*) do ffmpeg -hide_banner -i "%a" -c:v copy -af "volumedetect" -sn -f null NUL 2>> log.txt
And log.txt is like this.

As you can see there, test.vob has
Code:
mean_volume: -24.4 dB
max_volume: -10.4 dB
while testaac.mp4 has
Code:
mean_volume: -14.0 dB
max_volume: -0.1 dB
Just looking at those two index values, anyone can see that they are very different.

If you really want to edit the spectrum pattern of the audio, you need to use a dedicated audio editing app such as Audacity or Ocenaudio, not a simple audio filter in ffmpeg.

Last edited by JKyle; 26th May 2020 at 21:00.
Old 26th May 2020, 21:05   #1911  |  Link
lordalibaski

Do they sound different to yourself mate? the conversion sounds a little bit slightly louder.

I need to get it a bit more but don't know what settings to use this is my main problem, all the settings I try it fails.

This files a bit bigger than the others its the full video but you will notice the difference right away in sound with the ac3 setting.

Code:
https://fromsmash.com/ly2sbhNYpj-bt
I've tried different programs mate but the outcome of the video conversion isn't has good quality as Staxrip no idea what it is but for some reason Staxrip is very good at handling old VHS captures.

Last edited by lordalibaski; 26th May 2020 at 21:10.
Old 26th May 2020, 21:10   #1912  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Do they sound different to yourself mate? the conversion sounds a little bit slightly louder.

I need to get it a bit more but don't know what settings to use this is my main problem, all the settings I try it fails.
Yes, testaac.mp4 sounds louder.

If you want to do more, I guess you need to give up batch processing using the same dynaudnorm settings but resort to audio editing programs.

Quote:
I've tried different programs mate but the outcome of the video conversion isn't has good quality as Staxrip no idea what it is but for some reason Staxrip is very good at handling old VHS captures.
You can edit the audio separately in Audacity or Ocenaudio, and load it in the audio section in StaxRip.
Then encode video but copy/mux audio.

Last edited by JKyle; 26th May 2020 at 21:16.
Old 26th May 2020, 21:18   #1913  |  Link
lordalibaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
Yes, testaac.mp4 sounds louder.

If you want to do more, I guess you need to give up batch processing using the same dynaudnorm settings but resort to audio editing programs.
That's good at least you can tell I think I can't tell the difference anymore because I have listened to it that many times my ears have given up trying to hear anything different lol

If it's better even slightly it will do me it's not every video I have this problem with it's only the odd 1 or 2.

Many thanks for your help mate its been much appreciated, and the help as been bookmarked.
Old 26th May 2020, 23:52   #1914  |  Link
bananenmann

@JKyle

I'm trying to register it to the Beta 2.1.1.5 as well.

I started all over again. Deleted the complete Staxrip-Folder (named-StaxRip-Beta-x64), made a new one, just called "StaxRip", copied everything from the Package inside. Then I again made all your Registering things. I dont know why (because the last Time I exactly did the same things, and I copied and pasted everything of your codes, but this time... it still didn't work . But this time I got a step further. This time it didn't tell me, that "there is a Script error and that there is no function named 'DGSource'". This Time I got this error Message:

Code:
--------------------------- Error opening source ---------------------------

DGSource: Invalid index file!
(D:\Video-Encode\Evanescence - Bring Me To Life_temp\Evanescence - Bring Me To Life_source.avs, line 3)

# Setting is changed since 2.1.0.8 after native DG Tools support is dropped.
LoadPlugin("C:\Sonstiges\StaxRip\Apps\Support\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("D:\Video-Encode\Evanescence - Bring Me To Life.m2v")
I verified the "Preview Code" Window and now it was correct:

Code:
#Setting is changed since 2.1.0.8 after native DG Tools support is dropped.
LoadPlugin("C:\Sonstiges\StaxRip\Apps\Support\DGDecNV\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource()
But the file wasn't indexed!? First I thought I was getting crazy, because I already registered "dgi" to DGSource in Avisynth and Vapoursynth and I was afraid you maybe were thinking that I'm an Idiot. But then I realized, that those MPEG Files I wanted to open already were demuxed (by me, because I've read, that DGIndexNV sometimes has problems with this.). So my File-Types were "mpv" and "m2v". I added them in the Self-Created-Customized Demuxers and:

IT WORKS!!!
FINALLY !!!

Thanks a lot for your Help, now I can go to sleep without headaches!!!

Old 27th May 2020, 00:11   #1915  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananenmann View Post
But then I realized, that those MPEG Files I wanted to open already were demuxed (by me, because I've read, that DGIndexNV sometimes has problems with this.). So my File-Types were "mpv" and "m2v". I added them in the Self-Created-Customized Demuxers and:

IT WORKS!!!
FINALLY !!!
So it was about registering additional input file types for DGIndexNV.exe, huh?

Good for you! I'll update my guide about this and link it to your case.
Old 27th May 2020, 20:21   #1916  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Macro for source audio codec?

Since qaac fails to encode (with --delay switch) flac files demuxed by mkvextract (see here), I wanted to compose an Event Command which chooses qaac profiles adaptively based on source audio codec after the source file is loaded.

However, I've found that there's no such macro as Source Audio Codec by default. So I had to choose Source File Extension instead and compose it like this:

But this method has a catch: it switches qaac profiles regardless of source audio codecs.

I guess I can catch audio codec info by calling Get-MediaInfoValue in Get-MediaInfo as follows:

Code:
$audioCodec = Get-MediaInfoValue ($args[0]) -Kind Audio -Parameter "Format/String"
But how can I register this parameter as a macro in StaxRip?

※ I know I can avoid this mess if I set the Decoding Method in qaac profiles to Pipe, but I just wanted to use another method.

Last edited by JKyle; 27th May 2020 at 20:26.
Old 27th May 2020, 22:29   #1917  |  Link
stax76

@JKyle

I've bookmarked it but can't do much at the moment due to lower back pain.

Having a feature freeze now has the advantage of getting a more solid and relaxed stable release.
Old 27th May 2020, 22:36   #1918  |  Link
JKyle
App Digger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
I've bookmarked it but can't do much at the moment due to lower back pain.
I see. Hope you get up and running asap.

Old 27th May 2020, 22:47   #1919  |  Link
stax76

Thanks, it's much better already than yesterday where I spent most of the day in bed due to a sudden lower back pain attack, it's called Hexenschuss (witch shot) in Germany, never had this before and don't want to experience it again anytime soon.

Last edited by stax76; 27th May 2020 at 23:00.
Old 28th May 2020, 02:32   #1920  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Thanks, it's much better already than yesterday where I spent most of the day in bed due to a sudden lower back pain attack, it's called Hexenschuss (witch shot) in Germany, never had this before and don't want to experience it again anytime soon.
Hope you feel better man!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265