Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th June 2016, 11:46   #2241  |  Link
stranno

I'm trying to fast-forward a video but i get this error.

"Input audio sample format to TimeStretch must be float"

Audio input is PCM in24 (Apple ProRes video). I had no trouble before with AAC.

Does it have something to do with the audio indexing? Can it be fixed?
stranno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 12:11   #2242  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Please show us the exact command in your AviSynth script you want to use to "fast-forward".

You should know that a nummerical value of e.g. 3 is of type integer, but 3.0 is of type float, and if a function requires a float parameter, you may have to provide it with a decimal (if the parameter is a variable with an integer value, multiply it with 1.0). But well, who knows if the reason for this error message is at a completely different position ...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 12:19   #2243  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranno View Post
I'm trying to fast-forward a video but i get this error.

"Input audio sample format to TimeStretch must be float"

Audio input is PCM in24 (Apple ProRes video). I had no trouble before with AAC.

Does it have something to do with the audio indexing? Can it be fixed?
Not sure what are you doing and where. And how this is related to FFMS2, but compressed audio such as aac does not have a concept of bits per sample. That could be the reason it worked. So try converting your PCM to float before applying any processing, whatever that is..
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 17:44   #2244  |  Link
qyot27
...?

It's the decoding sample format being passed from FFMS2 to TimeStretch. libavcodec decodes AAC to float (read: outputs pcm_f32le), but it won't do anything to PCM that's already in an integer format.

Put ConvertAudioToFloat() between FFMS2 and TimeStretch.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 18:06   #2245  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

True, I misread a part. It's not related to parameters...

New German Gleitz board
Old 7th July 2016, 12:14   #2246  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

Any bleeding edge compiles that would support cineform.mov type of stuff? (Or a ffms2 alternatives that would?)
smok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 12:21   #2247  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3 View Post
ffms2 alternatives
Probably "L-SMASH Works" (LSMASHSource.dll: LSMASHVideoSource for ISO Media containers like MP4/MOV/3GPP, LwLibavVideoSource in general).

New German Gleitz board
Old 7th July 2016, 13:24   #2248  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

@LigH: thanks, but getting only some green stuff in vdub window (LSMASHVideoSource and LwLibavVideoSource).
I've tested prores and cineform. Ideas? (win 7)

Last edited by smok3; 7th July 2016 at 13:27.
Old 7th July 2016, 13:29   #2249  |  Link
sneaker_ger

It's because L-Smash does not dither down to a format natively supported by AviSynth by default. See README on how to force an 8 bit output format or read up on AviSynth high bitdepth.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 13:44   #2250  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Yes, you may have to specify the desired color subsampling and depth explicitly, such deepcolor formats might get decoded into wrongly interpreted pixels when you don't specify a pixel format. Please do some research on your own, I know it has been discussed before...

New German Gleitz board
Old 7th July 2016, 13:46   #2251  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

Thanks,
Code:
LSMASHVideoSource("cineform.mov", format = "YUV420P8")
did the trick.
p.s. And yes I admit the research laziness to anything windows related.
Old 7th July 2016, 14:18   #2252  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3 View Post
@LigH: thanks, but getting only some green stuff in vdub window (LSMASHVideoSource and LwLibavVideoSource).
I've tested prores and cineform. Ideas? (win 7)
If you just want to pull it into vdub, you may just use my pack.
It does both vfw decoding (ffmpeg select..) and ffmpeg decoding (ffmpeg all..)
Old 7th July 2016, 14:41   #2253  |  Link
smok3
brontosaurusrex

@shekh, Thanks, bookmarked, installed, tested. (Actually I was trying to review some of my old x264 encoding scripts, but after looking at that bat mess, mission aborted).

Last edited by smok3; 7th July 2016 at 14:55.
Old 25th July 2016, 19:40   #2254  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

is it possible to get the QP value of each frame for lossily compressed videos and tag that as some frame property (in vaporsynth)?
I want it cuz I want denoisers to have a self adaptive denoising strength on each individual frame
feisty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2016, 22:34   #2255  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Great thinking, feisty2; it reminds me on my failed attempt to convince Donald Graft to implement Deblock() into his DG*Decode plugins. I lacked of technical details to explain it convincingly enough.

I remember some AviSynth plugins do use auxiliary "hint" channels to share a few details (e.g. TFM with TIVTC, or MPEG2Source(info=3) with ColorMatrix). But I have no idea how useful that is compared with the VapourSynth design; and they seem to be rather per-clip than per-frame, at least in these examples.

New German Gleitz board
Old 26th July 2016, 00:13   #2256  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

If they (frame properties) could accessed in advance, could be written to RT_Stats DBase (or Array) and accessed via Avisynth ScriptClip (or similar, and presumably VapourSynth), for use on frame by frame basis. Depends upon whether or not there is some tool to extract the data in the first place.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2016, 00:15   #2257  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
is it possible to get the QP value of each frame for lossily compressed videos and tag that as some frame property (in vaporsynth)?
I want it cuz I want denoisers to have a self adaptive denoising strength on each individual frame
I will check to see if this information is still exposed in ffmpeg. I know they've done a lot of cleanups so it may or may not still be available.
Old 17th August 2016, 02:03   #2258  |  Link
manolito

@qyot27

Don't know if this is the appropriate thread for my question, but you are probably the one who can answer it...

Using the current FFmpeg version 3.1.2 (rogerdpack build for WinXP) I get a crash immediately if the input is an AVS script. The culprit is autoloading C-Plugins from the AviSynth\plugin folder.

For a long time I have autoladed C-Plugins like your ffms2 or Yadif by using an AVSI which loads the C-Plugin (your ffms2.avsi does this). This has always worked flawlessly until I tried to use FFmpeg v 3.1.2. The previous version by rogerdpack from July 2016 has no problems.

My AviSynth version is the plain vanilla 2.60 which can hardly be considered outdated. What did the FFMpeg devs change to cause this problem? Do I have to use AviSynth+ now to get FFMpeg to work?

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 03:16   #2259  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
@qyot27

Don't know if this is the appropriate thread for my question, but you are probably the one who can answer it...

Using the current FFmpeg version 3.1.2 (rogerdpack build for WinXP) I get a crash immediately if the input is an AVS script. The culprit is autoloading C-Plugins from the AviSynth\plugin folder.

For a long time I have autoladed C-Plugins like your ffms2 or Yadif by using an AVSI which loads the C-Plugin (your ffms2.avsi does this). This has always worked flawlessly until I tried to use FFmpeg v 3.1.2. The previous version by rogerdpack from July 2016 has no problems.

My AviSynth version is the plain vanilla 2.60 which can hardly be considered outdated. What did the FFMpeg devs change to cause this problem? Do I have to use AviSynth+ now to get FFMpeg to work?

Cheers
manolito
I'm not sure, exactly, but I can reproduce the behavior (with both 2.6 and Plus, so it wouldn't matter there). My guess is that there was something regarding DLL loading security - it may or may not have been in the libavformat AviSynth demuxer itself - that makes it to where AviSynth's plugins won't load if the directory they're in isn't on Windows' PATH. Or if C++ plugins were fine, it may have specifically been because the C plugins were being stored in a different folder than the others (meaning C plugins need to be on the PATH in this scenario, but C++ ones don't).

Correspondingly, if I add the folder that ffms2.dll / FFMS2.avsi / ffmsindex.exe reside in to the PATH, the issue goes away.

I'd actually had a nasty registry corruption issue on my WinXP machine not too long ago, so my plugins folder had disappeared from the PATH and I was hitting the problem. When I tried to use ffmsindex and it told me it couldn't see it, I pretty much realized what was going on. Added the plugins folder to the PATH, tried again, no problems with either 2.6 or Plus.

Last edited by qyot27; 17th August 2016 at 03:18.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 15:21   #2260  |  Link
manolito

Thanks qyot27 for the quick reply.

Unfortunately including the "AviSynth\plugins" folder in my path does not make a difference. FFMpeg still crashes (called by AVStoDVD) with a message that Yadif cannot be loaded. If I remove Yadif from the plugins folder, I get the same message about ffms2.

I can live without Yadif, but ffms2 is essential for my workflows. And since the scripts are automatically created by AVStoDVD I do need ffms2 to be autoloaded.

Thanks and cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote