Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 27th May 2010, 02:07   #8341  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
The final mux should be/ is .264 file. Only the working demuxed/reencoded file is .mkv, but after rebuild it is converted to .264.
You can check the files with BDInfo to confirm, as it will tell you what the final output is.
Also, check the HIDDENOPTS text file in the zip package of BD-RB, and you can change the intermediate files type.
(MKV_INTERMEDIATE=n, n = 0/1 - 0=OFF (default) - if set to "1", .MKV files are used instead of .264)
MKV_INTERMEDIATE=n only applies to primary tracks. Secondary files are always encoded to MKV. The problem is that I can't remember why... I know the original reason for MKVs was because of problems with the Panasonic players (surprise, surprise ).

MKV is a container, so there is always a raw file inside it. But, if memory serves me, there are issues with NAL-HRD retention when writing to an MKV during encode.

I think I'll just start making the secondary follow the MKV_INTERMEDIATE setting (like the primary) and see what happens in testing.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th May 2010 at 02:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 02:35   #8342  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
MKV_INTERMEDIATE=n only applies to primary tracks. Secondary files are always encoded to MKV. The problem is that I can't remember why... I know the original reason for MKVs was because of problems with the Panasonic players (surprise, surprise ).

MKV is a container, so there is always a raw file inside it. But, if memory serves me, there are issues with NAL-HRD retention when writing to an MKV during encode.

I think I'll just start making the secondary follow the MKV_INTERMEDIATE setting (like the primary) and see what happens in testing.
Oops, sorry to provide the wrong info. I have not done but a few backups with secondary video, and I never remember checking to see what the final mux container was, so I should have checked before posting.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 08:12   #8343  |  Link
lastangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastangel View Post
sorry can you help me?

i try many BD but in some m2ts on remux phase tsmux are block

with audio conversion or not in some m2ts files tsmuxer not work.

where is the problem

this is the log

[10:43:36] BD Rebuilder v0.33.09 (beta)
- Source: GLADIATORE
- Input BD size: 46.49 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:39:25.902]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), One Pass
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[10:43:39] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [10:43:39] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00178]
- [10:43:44] Reencoding: VID_00178 (1 of 49)
- [10:43:44] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x480
- Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 4,461 frames
- [10:43:44] Reencoding: VID_00178, Pass 1 of 1
- [10:45:00] Video Encode complete
- [10:45:00] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [10:45:00] Multiplexing M2TS
- [10:45:04] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00172]
- [10:45:08] Reencoding: VID_00172 (2 of 49)
- [10:45:09] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x480
- Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 4,480 frames
- [10:45:09] Reencoding: VID_00172, Pass 1 of 1
- [10:46:22] Video Encode complete
- [10:46:22] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- [10:46:22] Multiplexing M2TS
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00172.meta
- 100.0% complete
[10:47:21] - Failed to build structure, aborted

multiplexing aborted when i terminate tsmuxer.exe

EDIT
If a use ffdshow H.264/AVC codec disable the first mt2s work on and muxing ok (the second not work)
the 2 m2ts are 480i and some audio ac3 2 channel.
If a use ffdshow H.264/AVC codec libavcodec or other the first mt2s not work and muxing freeze (the second not start)

why tsmuxer freeze?
Hi you have an idea for this problem?
lastangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 08:50   #8344  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
I have a few full backups (BD5/BD/9) that work fine on PS3 console, but they are all "old" movies for sure. None and I really mean none of the latest Movies with Java Menus have worked thus far. I have a quote around here somewhere from DeanK. Here it is!

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134402&page=10

The last post in that topic.

Seems Sony PS3 doesn't support Java Menus in the newer Firmware updates with BD5/BD9. Hey tooooo bad we can't downgrade. I wonder which firmware actually supported it!

snakeman
I think the latest FW with Java support was 2.50.

Anyway, there is no way that you can have BD5/BD9 Full backup working in PS3. BD25/BD50 work in all cases (with/without Java, with AVCHD or real Blu-ray format).

When inserting DVD disc in the PS3 it requires AVCHD format for index.bdmv. Either your working 'full backups' have this file changed/patched or you did full-backup of 'movie-only' original.

Dean
Old 27th May 2010, 14:06   #8345  |  Link
jdobbs

@lastangel

If you know how, trying running TSMUXER by hand in a DOS window and "MUX_00172.meta". The command line should be something like this:

d:\bd_rebuilder\tools\tsmuxer.exe "mux_00172.meta" "d:\whatever\output\folder"

The paths would depend on your setup.

Then, at least, you should be able to see what error it is getting. Normally it would be displayed on the line that is blank in your log. Did you get any error messages at the time it failed?

I have a feeling you may have a system instability...

also -- please re-read the first post of this thread:
Quote:
If you decide to download and test -- please post any errors you find in this thread. Don't push bug resolution or keep asking for a fix. I will get to the reported bugs, but only when I can find the time.

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th May 2010 at 14:08.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:07   #8346  |  Link
snakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I think the latest FW with Java support was 2.50.

Anyway, there is no way that you can have BD5/BD9 Full backup working in PS3. BD25/BD50 work in all cases (with/without Java, with AVCHD or real Blu-ray format).

When inserting DVD disc in the PS3 it requires AVCHD format for index.bdmv. Either your working 'full backups' have this file changed/patched or you did full-backup of 'movie-only' original.

Dean
Tell me which file or files you need to take a look at. So you can see, I have it working.

snakeman

PM me when you have a chance
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 21:22   #8347  |  Link
worknstiff

I was wondering if anyone else has been successful with Sin City D1, I have tried both of the two playlists for Movie only and the audio is correct but on some parts you get the correct video and on others you get video and the 'Cine-Explore' PIP stuff. I can't seem to get the right combination of the .m2ts files with either playlist. Did anyone else figure this out?
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 00:42   #8348  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
I was wondering if anyone else has been successful with Sin City D1, I have tried both of the two playlists for Movie only and the audio is correct but on some parts you get the correct video and on others you get video and the 'Cine-Explore' PIP stuff. I can't seem to get the right combination of the .m2ts files with either playlist. Did anyone else figure this out?
I did it. Where in the timeline (hh:mm:ss) are you seeing issues?
Old 28th May 2010, 00:50   #8349  |  Link
freax13

Hello , I want to say thanks to all the Doom9 staff for this magnificent tool BD rebuilder
Thanks jdobbs keep the good work.
A quick question, Is there any way to edit the BD structure so the latest movies can run in my PS3?, I also have a a Sony BD player and nothing. Old movies before Avatar worked great but since then, they get this error message or wont start. Some friends told me that its the latest update but I havent updated my Sony BD player so I think is in the movie itself (just guessing)
Thanks in advance
freax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 00:57   #8350  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freax13 View Post
Hello , I want to say thanks to all the Doom9 staff for this magnificent tool BD rebuilder
Thanks jdobbs keep the good work.
A quick question, Is there any way to edit the BD structure so the latest movies can run in my PS3?, I also have a a Sony BD player and nothing. Old movies before Avatar worked great but since then, they get this error message or wont start. Some friends told me that its the latest update but I havent updated my Sony BD player so I think is in the movie itself (just guessing)
Thanks in advance
What model Sony player do you have? I have the S301 and S360 and they play both movie-only and full backups in BD-5, BD-9, and BD-25 formats.

For PS3 you are pretty much stuck with movie-only encodes only for now. The latest firmware updates (post 2.50 from what I've been told) limit you to BD-25 full backups and movie-only on BD-5/9.
Old 28th May 2010, 01:25   #8351  |  Link
setarip_old

@freax13

Hi!
Quote:
Old movies before Avatar worked great but since then, they get this error message or wont start.
For initial ripping of the original disc, are you using the most current version of either AnyDVDHD, MakeMKV, or DVDFab Passkey?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 02:49   #8352  |  Link
freax13

I tried like 3 new movies to fit them in a single layer disc, one of them is alice in wonderland. I have a PS3. The weird thing is that only has happend with recently released movies, and they dont work in some players, so I asumed that maybe should have been some files corrupted or some kind of new protection on the discs because before Avatar there wasnt any problem with any player I tried.

Last edited by Guest; 28th May 2010 at 04:10.
freax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 06:01   #8353  |  Link
jdobbs

Where has "Alice In Wonderland" been released? If you're not using an original disc -- that's probably the problem.
Old 28th May 2010, 07:31   #8354  |  Link
jangai

Hi all!
Strange problem with a "full BD RB to BD 25" backup for Sherlock Holmes 2009 and usual BD-RB settings (v 0.33.09) :
Final BDMV is only 16 Go rather than usual 22 Go and some parts of the movie are ultra pixelled with 50 to 70 kb/s bitrate rather the ordinary 7 to 10 Mb/s...
(movie stream is cutted in many 1 to 2 Go parts and some parts are "very small" into rebuild stuff...)

If I turn back to BD-RB V 0.33.02 with same settings : everything is in order with a 22 Go output and trivial bitrates... ?????
jangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 10:33   #8355  |  Link
snakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman View Post
Tell me which file or files you need to take a look at. So you can see, I have it working.

snakeman

PM me when you have a chance
Just to confirm a few things. I did use goBD util to get my BD5s Full Backups to work with my PS3 (I Gen 60 gig model).

snakeman

Last edited by snakeman; 31st May 2010 at 14:15.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 15:04   #8356  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangai View Post
Hi all!
Strange problem with a "full BD RB to BD 25" backup for Sherlock Holmes 2009 and usual BD-RB settings (v 0.33.09) :
Final BDMV is only 16 Go rather than usual 22 Go and some parts of the movie are ultra pixelled with 50 to 70 kb/s bitrate rather the ordinary 7 to 10 Mb/s...
(movie stream is cutted in many 1 to 2 Go parts and some parts are "very small" into rebuild stuff...)

If I turn back to BD-RB V 0.33.02 with same settings : everything is in order with a 22 Go output and trivial bitrates... ?????
There have been no changes in the bitrate calculation in a long, long time. Try it again with v0.33.09. But first, reinstall the support utilities from the first page of this thread, as what you are describing sometimes points to a CODEC issue. My encodings are sizing correctly.

[Edit] I'm running "Sherlock Holmes" now, just to be sure.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th May 2010 at 15:56.
Old 28th May 2010, 15:59   #8357  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It could be related to the x264 version included in both versions of BD RB. I had similar issues some time ago, when x264 is parsed --bitrate 5000 (for example), the final raw file has a bitrate of ~300-400kbps, resulting in huge macroblocks and artifacts.

It turned out that the build used was fprofiled/compiled for specific CPU architecture.

Strangely enough the problem manifested itself only with certain sources... I had no explanation about that, so I switched to another x264 build.
Old 28th May 2010, 16:23   #8358  |  Link
Capsbackup

Just had my first successful full backup to BD5 for a Universal title, It's Complicated.
Audio works and subtitles are selectable as well!
Almost gave up trying full movie backups to BD5/9 media, especially with Universal titles. They have always been able to back up succesfully, and work fine on PowerDVD and TMT3, but never able to hear the audio or select the subtitles while watching on my Sony S360 standalone.
I'm not sure what has changed, if anything, but this is an encouraging result!
Thanks for all your time and effort jdobbs.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 16:29   #8359  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Just had my first successful full backup to BD5 for a Universal title, It's Complicated.
Audio works and subtitles are selectable as well!
Almost gave up trying full movie backups to BD5/9 media, especially with Universal titles. They have always been able to back up succesfully, and work fine on PowerDVD and TMT3, but never able to hear the audio or select the subtitles while watching on my Sony S360 standalone.
I'm not sure what has changed, if anything, but this is an encouraging result!
Thanks for all your time and effort jdobbs.
Interesting. Has there been a firmware upgrade to the S360 recently?
Old 28th May 2010, 16:48   #8360  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
I just did "Sin City" again last night and then watched it this morning. No issues. Have you done any "tweaking" of your setup?

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th May 2010 at 17:13.