Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st September 2013, 10:07   #1201  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
It is build on intel media SDK by users. Not sure what to make out of it but I would consider close source since you really can't modify core of program or I am reading it wrong.
Indeed it looks like the binary "sample_encode.exe" in the Intel SDK seems to come closest to a "free available" MVC Encoder for experimenting, now tsMuxerR 3D is within reach....

Last edited by Sharc; 21st September 2013 at 10:21.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2013, 20:33   #1202  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

jdobbs, i was wondering if you've made any progress or started looking into that "mass (un)blanking" i asked about a while ago, ya know like you can mass delete files in windows by clicking first + shift > click last file?
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2013, 20:40   #1203  |  Link
soneca

Thanks jdobbs for this new version!
I have used older revisions of x264 because these new(OpenCL) has given me problems from time to time.
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2013, 20:50   #1204  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
Thanks jdobbs for this new version!
I have used older revisions of x264 because these new(OpenCL) has given me problems from time to time.
It shouldn't. The OpenCL issue was solved a few versions ago.
Old 21st September 2013, 22:27   #1205  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It shouldn't. The OpenCL issue was solved a few versions ago.
Have not really tested the new revisions, but I had problems with the 2358 version possibly caused by this bug, which was fixed in revision 2359.
Old 24th September 2013, 16:39   #1206  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

requesting a very simple feature (or hidden option). currently BDRB has the power to delete the temporary workfiles for a blu-ray, it does NOT have this power when importing a DVD (to mkv).

my default workfiles folder is C:\Temp (this is where the mkv file will be created)
my dvd import folder is D:\Temp. BDRB creates a folder here called "IMPORT\<moviename>"

my request is that when a job is succesfully done, it removes the <moviename> folder (and if possible the parental IMPORT folder too). Since it can already do this for BD's ,i imagine this routine can be modified perhaps to apply to DVD imports aswell (with maybe a setting in the "setup" like for BD's
Old 24th September 2013, 19:13   #1207  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
requesting a very simple feature (or hidden option). currently BDRB has the power to delete the temporary workfiles for a blu-ray, it does NOT have this power when importing a DVD (to mkv).

my default workfiles folder is C:\Temp (this is where the mkv file will be created)
my dvd import folder is D:\Temp. BDRB creates a folder here called "IMPORT\<moviename>"

my request is that when a job is succesfully done, it removes the <moviename> folder (and if possible the parental IMPORT folder too). Since it can already do this for BD's ,i imagine this routine can be modified perhaps to apply to DVD imports aswell (with maybe a setting in the "setup" like for BD's
Ch3vr0n,

I do not know if you use CCleaner but can clean this and other folders with a single click.

Last edited by soneca; 24th September 2013 at 23:51.
Old 25th September 2013, 06:39   #1208  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Jup, but why use another application when bdrb can already do it itself when the encoding of a bd is done. A "simple" modification to it and it should work for dvd imports too.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:30   #1209  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Jup, but why use another application when bdrb can already do it itself when the encoding of a bd is done. A "simple" modification to it and it should work for dvd imports too.
Exactly. No reason in making things more complicated than they have to be. I'll add it in the next release as a hidden option.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:44   #1210  |  Link
soneca

Surely, even better!
Old 25th September 2013, 18:34   #1211  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Awesome. I've starting using BDRB for creating movie-only mkv's of DVD's since it van output better quality than cloneDVD mobile can for my new nexus 7 (2013 edition ^^). Watching a pal sized dvd on a full hd screen with clonedvd mobile's output even set at "20" is still pixellated. No such issues with BDRB mkv . When bdrb will be able to clean the imports folder that'll be the only annoyance i have about dvd imports that'll be gone
Old 1st October 2013, 06:40   #1212  |  Link
ScorpionStingz

This would be useful for those loooonger reencodes

Please, I would like to request a "Pause" button to free up my computer resources if need be temporarily, then pick up right where the BD-Rebuilder left off at. Thank You.
ScorpionStingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 06:52   #1213  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionStingz View Post
Please, I would like to request a "Pause" button to free up my computer resources if need be temporarily, then pick up right where the BD-Rebuilder left off at. Thank You.
People have asked that before. It's not likely to happen, I'm afraid. More trouble than it's worth, I believe. I recall when I had a quad core, I could tell it to only use 3 cores. That way I had potential left for other things. I don't have to worry about it with my six core. It multitasks very well. Sometimes flash content (Facebook games, Youtube) have slight problems, but that is all. Recommend a stronger computer, or an encoding machine.

I'm not a coder, but I imagine if he wanted to do this, in order to minimize the bugs from pausing, the way the encoding is handled would have to be altered. E.g. bookmarking a frame. It wouldn't necessarily stop immediately, it would finish it's current frame, or set of frames.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:30   #1214  |  Link
jdobbs

@ScorpionStingz

By default BD-RB runs X264 with the lowest priority (idle). That means that if you want to do something else -- the other project would have a higher priority for CPU time. The only exception would be during extracting and rebuild when the disc is being accessed. But both of those activities together only take minutes...
Old 1st October 2013, 19:01   #1215  |  Link
k-c-ksum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Makes sense.

I really wish they'd add MVC support to X264.
fixstars accelcoder x patched x264 for mvc encoding a few years ago, accelcoder x is now owned by pegasys so don't know if its still using a patched x264 version
Old 1st October 2013, 20:39   #1216  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-c-ksum View Post
fixstars accelcoder x patched x264 for mvc encoding a few years ago, accelcoder x is now owned by pegasys so don't know if its still using a patched x264 version
They still use x264 but in consumer product. However for mvc encoding it seems you need turnkey encoding system and there is no mention of x264.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 21:10   #1217  |  Link
k-c-ksum

theres an old thread on this forum but I cant find it,

edit:

here it is

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162651&highlight=accelcoder

Last edited by k-c-ksum; 1st October 2013 at 21:14.
k-c-ksum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 21:18   #1218  |  Link
HWK

That thread is abandoned long time ago and as such I am not sure if we gone see 3d support or not.
Old 1st October 2013, 21:31   #1219  |  Link
k-c-ksum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
That thread is abandoned long time ago and as such I am not sure if we gone see 3d support or not.

I tried accelcoder x on some 3d cgi and found the quality very good, not bluray compliant but it worked
Old 1st October 2013, 21:39   #1220  |  Link
HWK

Where did you download the file.