Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 19th April 2016, 07:53   #1401  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Thanks!! This newer version finally works fine with SVP.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:42   #1402  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I guess I'll look at this again once another phase of development has occurred, hopefully some time next year.
'Kay well I gave 1847 a shot but it just crashes MPC_BE x86 (build 1417) instantly with exception code 0xc0000005 when passed through ffdshow (4533) Even with nothing in the Avisynth field it still happens. No problems with Avisynth-MT.
Old 20th April 2016, 09:36   #1403  |  Link
jpsdr

@pinterf
First, thanks for your work, i think a lot of people appreciate what you did, even if they stay silent.

And...
Do you think, by any chance, you can take a look at this issue, if it can be fixed ?
You can see the whole thread here, but the most important point is this information :
Quote:
It seems that the x64 version of Avisynth has a different size of the CScriptValue structure that is used to pass arguments to a filter (as compared with the 64-bit VirtualDub). This makes NeatVideo crash when processing the preset name (the second argument of NeatVideo4). The size difference may be a bug in Avisynth x64.
Anyway, thanks again for your work.
Old 20th April 2016, 10:29   #1404  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
'Kay well I gave 1847 a shot but it just crashes MPC_BE x86 (build 1417) instantly with exception code 0xc0000005 when passed through ffdshow (4533) Even with nothing in the Avisynth field it still happens. No problems with Avisynth-MT.
Perhaps missing VS2015 redistributable?
Old 20th April 2016, 11:17   #1405  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
@pinterf
Do you think, by any chance, you can take a look at this issue, if it can be fixed ?
You can see the whole thread here, but the most important point is this information :

Anyway, thanks again for your work.
So charting unknown seas . Feedback is always welcome, anyway. I'll look into it.
And thank you, I like silence only when it means that things are working fine.
Old 20th April 2016, 11:36   #1406  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Perhaps missing VS2015 redistributable?
Yup. Thanks, it's working well in comparison to MT so far.
Old 20th April 2016, 12:36   #1407  |  Link
pinterf

@jpsdr
(vdub) Found something. Who can test it? I don't want to circulate an interim test build in public.
Old 20th April 2016, 13:42   #1408  |  Link
jpsdr

PM me a link. Don't need XP build for this test, but need both 32 and 64 bits dll.
Old 20th April 2016, 15:00   #1409  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
So charting unknown seas . Feedback is always welcome, anyway. I'll look into it.
And thank you, I like silence only when it means that things are working fine.
Thank you so much. There's a LOT of people who have been waiting a LONG time for someone to make a MT version of AviSynth+ that works fine, and it's been dead for so long.

Finally someone who puts his butt into use.

I'll do some testing of replacing AVS 2.6 with this version for encoding and let you know how it goes. The previous version wasn't working with all filters.

According to my first tests, however, it seems that L-MASHSOURCE lags on some videos, even when CPU isn't fully used, whereas with 2.6 it worked fine. This would require more testing to see where that's coming from.
Old 20th April 2016, 16:04   #1410  |  Link
Stereodude

Does it actually work? I gave up on MT Avisynth a long time ago. I couldn't get satisfactory results no matter how I tweaked the settings for FHD material. It would crash well before you could encode an entire ~2 hour movie with it. I had much better luck using MP_Pipeline to separate different high CPU usage filters into their own threads. Using MP_Pipeline and splitting the source across several simultaneous lossless intermediate files (usually 4) that were joined and then encoded worked best for me.

IE: If I have a 100,000 frame source, I generate a lossless intermediate file from 0-25010, another from 24990-50010, another from 49990-75010, and another from 74990-100000. I would do that with four simultaneous Virtualdub jobs each generating an AVI file. Trim the overlap areas in an AVIsynth and use that to do my 2 pass x264 encode.
Old 20th April 2016, 16:37   #1411  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

For me AviSynth 2.6 MT has been working well. Perhaps there are a few filters that are more unstable with MT but those I use were working well. This AviSynth+ appears to be very stable so I'm sure it will work fine although I have to try first. The previous version of AviSynth+ MT wasn't working with some filters such as NNEDI3.
Old 20th April 2016, 17:46   #1412  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Stereodude,

You are recommending Overlap again despite your acceptance that it is unnecessary, here (final edit):- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...39#post1714239

EDIT:
Quote:
Edit: Now I see what you're saying to do. Trim the output not the input and run those scripts in parallel.
You can Trim at END of script and overlap is NOT necessary.

EDIT: The "MakeMultiPartScripts.avs" script given earlier in that thread generates multi-part scripts
to avoid making mistakes in your Trim frame numbers. [EDIT: Post #15 in that thread]

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 20th April 2016 at 17:57.
Old 20th April 2016, 18:14   #1413  |  Link
mark0077

Hi, I tried avisynth+ a few times in the past and have just put together a new PC and am wondering is it worth using it for SVP usage performance wise or not now with the latest versions? If theres a significant performance difference I will look at the steps to get SVP working with avisynth+ instead of Sets MT version of avisynth.
Old 20th April 2016, 18:22   #1414  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
Stereodude,

You are recommending Overlap again despite your acceptance that it is unnecessary, here (final edit):- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...39#post1714239

EDIT:

You can Trim at END of script and overlap is NOT necessary.

EDIT: The "MakeMultiPartScripts.avs" script given earlier in that thread generates multi-part scripts
to avoid making mistakes in your Trim frame numbers. [EDIT: Post #15 in that thread]
I was saying what I've done in the past. Frankly, I'd forgotten about our prior conversation. I haven't done one of these since our back and forth, but I'm glad you're following me around the forum remembering everything I've posted in the past to correct me. This way when I do one in the near future it'll be fresh in my memory. Especially now that I have systems with 8 and 16 physical core Xeon CPUs (with HT) and parallelism is going to be even more important.

Last edited by Stereodude; 20th April 2016 at 18:26.
Old 20th April 2016, 18:32   #1415  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yep, I keep a close track on all of your posts just so I can do a little nit picking

Nah, I was gonna point out that thread and discovered (to my joy and delight) that it was you who was on the other end
of conversation, hehe.

My previous favorite similar lil ol correction was in this post:- http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...22#post1729222

EDIT: In response to fvisagie.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
Old 20th April 2016, 19:20   #1416  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Hi, I tried avisynth+ a few times in the past and have just put together a new PC and am wondering is it worth using it for SVP usage performance wise or not now with the latest versions? If theres a significant performance difference I will look at the steps to get SVP working with avisynth+ instead of Sets MT version of avisynth.
For AviSynth+ and SVP, view this thread
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3270

I find it to be the fastest and most stable so far. Memory usage is TWICE LOWER.

As for the videos that would lag with L-SMASH Source, playing with the threads fixes it. In fact, I am now able to use LWLibavVideoSource for real-time playback without using MT. MT wasn't recommended for this plugin but it was the only way to prevent lag according to my test. With AviSynth+, no MT works perfect So far. I'll have to try with a wider variety of videos.
Old 20th April 2016, 21:05   #1417  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
For AviSynth+ and SVP, view this thread
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3270

I find it to be the fastest and most stable so far. Memory usage is TWICE LOWER.
This is exciting news!

I'll have to dedicate some time to getting AVS+ set up again (Groucho's switcharoo setup).

I'm currently still using 260_MT to play.
I remember liking old AVS+ for awhile, but for non-SVP things, it was naturally unstable to use in AvsPmod (even with updates to APM).
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 20th April 2016, 21:05   #1418  |  Link
pinterf

Do not fear of MT mode and use 64 bit, there may be more x64 filters than you would think before!

If you have enough memory, don't limit your script using it, even if avs+ occupies much less memory footprint than at the beginnings.

You can test the peak memory need with SetMemoryMax(bigvalue) and watch AvsMeter/AvsMeter64.

As for MT, set default mt mode to 2, for source filters 3, Prefetch(8) then rock'n'roll.

OK, fps-wise on my i7 processor Prefetch(7) or Prefetch(8) is not scaling well compared to Prefetch(6), but is still faster a bit.

This night an AVS+ x64 with SetMemoryMax(6000), UHD (3840x2160) colorbars + QTGMC(Fast) + Prefetch(8) is trying to kill my PC in the office.
(Fast i7 with 8G RAM, now it's at more than 4 fps and is working hard at 80% CPU since 3 hours).

Wondering, at what memory consumption would this UHD source script stabilize itself if I didn't put that 6G limit. So, which volunteer has 24G RAM? That should be more than enough for the test I think.

Last edited by pinterf; 20th April 2016 at 21:09. Reason: typo
Old 21st April 2016, 00:21   #1419  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
Yeah memory usage is a lot lower, I used to have a max mem set of 500MB with MT and my usage is almost 500MB lower using AVS+.

As CPU usage goes it's very close for me just using a couple of filters, the dynamic CPU clock almost looked to be a touch lower.
Might be time to finally give 64 bit a go.

Gave it a shot and get instant crashes on playback. Replaced AVS+ with the 64 bit version, ffdshow 64 bit, MPC-BE 64 bit with the 64 bit VS2015 redistributable installed also.
Removed all filters and it still crashes.

Last edited by ryrynz; 21st April 2016 at 02:47.
Old 21st April 2016, 04:10   #1420  |  Link
pinterf

Ok. So at least one component needs polishing. It is 2016 now, 64 bit things should work*. We can exclude the redistributables Remains: avs+, a remaining filter, source filter, mpc, ffdshow, interaction between them

*or let's be sarcastic: it's 2016 now, higher than 8 bit color spaces should be supported natively in the whole workflow.... er ...not for current avisynth. But we should think about it seriously. Opinions? Biggest obstacles? I know there is VapourSynth with plenty of high-bit-depth filters, but I'd like to have spare batteries also
Closed Thread