Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th January 2010, 01:49   #6501  |  Link
doffot

new beyonce no play

Beyoncé: I Am... Yours. An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas reencode does not work on blu-ray player sony and ps3 black screen ? help
doffot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 03:48   #6502  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffot View Post
Beyoncé: I Am... Yours. An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas reencode does not work on blu-ray player sony and ps3 black screen ? help
my girlfriend bought that one, ill give a try tomorrow!
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 04:41   #6503  |  Link
AGKnotUser

Problem With v0.31.06: VC-1 not set to WM9

Ver. 0.31.06 will not encode if I have VC-1 set to disabled. It complains I don't have VC-1 set to wmv9. If I set VC-1 to wmv9 then it runs. Did not have this problem with 0.31.05. What am I doing wrong? I'm running Win 7 32 bit Home Premium.

Error as follows:
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
- FFDSHOW: VC-1 not set to wmv9
[23:11:45] - Failed video encode, aborted

Last edited by AGKnotUser; 8th January 2010 at 05:15.
AGKnotUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 07:03   #6504  |  Link
Capsbackup

I believe Win 7 needs VC-1 set to WMV9, only XP and Vista could be set to disabled if WMP 11 was installed.
Quote:
If I set VC-1 to wmv9 then it runs.
This is good!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 13:55   #6505  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKnotUser View Post
Ver. 0.31.06 will not encode if I have VC-1 set to disabled. It complains I don't have VC-1 set to wmv9. If I set VC-1 to wmv9 then it runs. Did not have this problem with 0.31.05. What am I doing wrong? I'm running Win 7 32 bit Home Premium.

Error as follows:
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
- FFDSHOW: VC-1 not set to wmv9
[23:11:45] - Failed video encode, aborted
It only gives you that message after it has already failed to encode -- which, of course, means that something has already changed in your system (assuming "disabled" worked before)... just set it to wmv9 and you won't have an issue.

It doesn't sound like an "problem" to me, it sounds more like a "solution".

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th January 2010 at 13:58.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 20:34   #6506  |  Link
Choppermike

I've managed to rebuild two movies since I reinstalled everything and working on a third now. I've noticed that I only have the BDMV file and not the certificate file. I burn the BDMV to dvd5 and it plays fine in the ps3. Questions: 1 why don't I see the certificate file anymore? 2 Why doesn't it matter?

I think I've seen this question b4, went back but couldn't find it.
Asus P6T
2X 9800 GT SLI
Vista
Region A
Location Texas
Choppermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 21:06   #6507  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choppermike View Post
I've managed to rebuild two movies since I reinstalled everything and working on a third now. I've noticed that I only have the BDMV file and not the certificate file. I burn the BDMV to dvd5 and it plays fine in the ps3. Questions: 1 why don't I see the certificate file anymore? 2 Why doesn't it matter?

I think I've seen this question b4, went back but couldn't find it.
If a CERTIFICATE folder exists in the source, it will be copied to the output (for full backups). If you did a full backup and it isn't there, my guess would be that the source folder doesn't have it.

For movie-only backups it is not needed.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:26   #6508  |  Link
Choppermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If a CERTIFICATE folder exists in the source, it will be copied to the output (for full backups). If you did a full backup and it isn't there, my guess would be that the source folder doesn't have it.

For movie-only backups it is not needed.
I Learn something everyday. Thanks
Asus P6T
2X 9800 GT SLI
Vista
Region A
Location Texas
Choppermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 23:41   #6509  |  Link
drmih

In actual fact the Certificate folder is empty unless there is bd-j content. Many blu-ray discs don't need it but it's included.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 01:11   #6510  |  Link
chesterman

Thanks JDobbs for putting together this beautiful program.
chesterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 10:50   #6511  |  Link
e143slime8

Have been using v0.31.05 for around a month now. Will give 06 a shot.

So far, have backed up around 20 BR movies, all with great results.

Only one I've had problems with is playing "Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary" on My Panny BD60. Movie stops reading and then nothing. I'm able to see the "Top" menu but that will not respond with any choices I make, am unable to play from "Scene" selection. Will be trying another pass with .06 and see what happens.

I am able to get to play on my computer using VLC Media Player.

Any thoughts?

BTW, thanks for the great work and hopefully I can contribute with some feedback from time to time.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 15:40   #6512  |  Link
DrKajun

What verison of FFDshow thats stable yall running?

Jdobbs: you dont by chance update the main pages links with the lastest verison your using with your latest verison of BD-RD do ya?

Last edited by DrKajun; 9th January 2010 at 15:47. Reason: spelling
DrKajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 16:15   #6513  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKajun View Post
What verison of FFDshow thats stable yall running?

Jdobbs: you dont by chance update the main pages links with the lastest verison your using with your latest verison of BD-RD do ya?
Yes I do. It is current with what I am running now.
Old 9th January 2010, 16:17   #6514  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by e143slime8 View Post
Have been using v0.31.05 for around a month now. Will give 06 a shot.

So far, have backed up around 20 BR movies, all with great results.

Only one I've had problems with is playing "Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary" on My Panny BD60. Movie stops reading and then nothing. I'm able to see the "Top" menu but that will not respond with any choices I make, am unable to play from "Scene" selection. Will be trying another pass with .06 and see what happens.

I am able to get to play on my computer using VLC Media Player.

Any thoughts?

BTW, thanks for the great work and hopefully I can contribute with some feedback from time to time.
I did a BD-25 full-disc backup of "Wizard of Oz" with no issues. I need more information.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:36   #6515  |  Link
e143slime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I did a BD-25 full-disc backup of "Wizard of Oz" with no issues. I need more information.
Will give it another shot and check out the log when done in case I missed something the first attempt. Thanks for the reply and will get back to you. Used Optical Quantum BD-R 25G burned with an LG

Here's my settings that have successfully squeezed and burned 20 so far.

Mode: Full Backup
Quicker Encode For Extras

Encoder: x264
Encoder Settings: Normal Priority
High Quality

Options: Custom Target size 23450

Auto Burn To Disc with ImgBurn (at 4x)

BD-R Setup:
Audio Encoding Options: Do not convert DTS to AC3 (Bluray only)
Keep HD Audio for BD25 encoding

If you need more info, let me know (not sure what else you need).

Last edited by e143slime8; 9th January 2010 at 18:42.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 18:45   #6516  |  Link
endlrls

Jdobbs,
Great app, I'm finding that .31.05 works with my Win 7, 7100 build, but not with my Vista 64 bit Ultimate machine. the last beta worked on both however. Other than a matter of just network transferring the data to the other machine, Please keep up the good work. You guys Rock! Thanks again
endlrls
endlrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 21:09   #6517  |  Link
tacky187

Terminator Salvation

Hello,

Great job on wonderful, wonderful program. I had originally started writing a similar program, but was quite thankful to see someone already tackling it. I've backed up many discs and almost all work wonderfully.

I did notice, however, that the second disc of Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) seems to hang/have issues when using chapter skipping or selecting chapters from the pop-up menu. It will hang for several minutes and then start but with either no sound, or sound really out of sync. I haven't experienced this issue with any other movie on my PS3 (and I now specifically check the pop-up chapters feature.)

I am taking the disc over to check a couple more BD players, but was curious if anyone else has experienced this issue? Are there any settings I can enable or try to help debug why this would be happening?
tacky187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 23:48   #6518  |  Link
chudm

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffot View Post
did a test yesterday, with 31.05 but it didnt worked either on my ps3, tonight ill do another test with 31.06
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 02:15   #6519  |  Link
yeepeefr

Hi,

I dont know if it is a bug or an unwanted feature but here it is.

I use laste beta (v0.31.06).
My settings are so that i keep only the movie, with two langages (audio and subtitle). I aim to keep the movie and the audio without reencode, so, for the movie, i put a custom size that wont bother me with reencoding (46Go).

I have tried with choosing the option of "keep only one track" of the preselected languages / sub, and without choosing to keep the "one only option".

If I do a single rebuild, it works perfect, I mean that if i am not satisfied with the result of keep only one track/sub per language (or keep all), wathever modification i do is taken into account.

But if i use the add to the job list, then my modifications are not taken into account when the batch is proceeded (it does not do random, it act as it was opening the projectf ofr the first time with the default setup). So that with the batch list I have no way to define precisely what I want or dont want to keep, when for some movies my preselected options are not ok (20% of movies doesnt fit any of the preselected setup if you want to keep the best audio track, as the audio track has to be in the good order for that, and same problem with the subtitles, but with subs, you can afford to keep them all in option as they dont take a lot of place).

Thanks for your job on this app, and sorry if it has been said before as i havent read all the 300+ pages of posts.

Would be also greatly appreciated if you could confirm if it is either a bug or a future functionnality (keep modification made individually for each job of the job list), or if will never be a future functionnality.
yeepeefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 03:35   #6520  |  Link
Capsbackup

@yeepeefr;
Quote:
But if i use the add to the job list, then my modifications are not taken into account when the batch is proceeded
This is how BD-RB works with batch mode. It is unable to keep all the potential selections for subs and audio in batch mode.
Quote:
Thanks for your job on this app, and sorry if it has been said before as i havent read all the 300+ pages of posts.
Bad yeepeefr!! start reading...
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote