Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th February 2018, 02:33   #10  |  Link
PhantomF

I'm having a strange issue with LAV Video Filter. I have my Radeon 7870 GPU clocked at 1200/1350 core/memory and when idle the clocks sit at 300/150. Whenever I use LAV Video filter with DXVA2 hardware decoder enabled the GPU clocks go to 1000/1200 and after stopping the video playback the clocks sit at 450/1200 when idle and max out at 1000/1200 in all other applications/games from then on. I need to restart my PC in order to reset them so they return to normal. If I disable DXVA2 in the video filter settings this doesn't happen and GPU clocks are normal after stopping video playback.

This happens in both MPC-HC and NextPVR where I use the LAV Video filter. I've tried a few different LAV builds including the newest nightly with same results as well as a few different video card drivers. Any idea what is causing this issue as it is extremely annoying having to restart the PC after watching TV or videos and before playing games. I'm running the latest build of Win10 Pro 64bit and I'm using the 32-bit version of the LAV filters as that's required for MPC-HC/madVR and NextPVR playback.
PhantomF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter