Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th September 2018, 13:51   #27701  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Why are you quoting me, i'm not the one asking the question. For the record my PC is fully 3D capable (screen, and optical drive or the standalone hooked up to the screen).
I quoted you because you are the one that posted it. I'm just adding that if the disc is attempted to be played, it either will or it won't. One way to find out which way BDRB should be used.

Last edited by MrVideo; 19th September 2018 at 11:28.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2018, 18:13   #27702  |  Link
Dominux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
...no-reencode backup that muxes and plays fine on my Sony...
@jdobbs can you public this vesion, only for no-reencode backup?
Dominux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 05:24   #27703  |  Link
AmigaFuture

----------------------
[20:39:24] Importing: BOOK_CLUB_FILES
- [20:39:27] Importing video file: (1 of 6)
- Preparing MKV for processing...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [21:10:16] Importing video file: (2 of 6)
- Preparing MKV for processing...

Run-time error '70': Permission Denied.

I have been importing the MKV files I made and moved to a different drive/partition. After selecting the MKV files MADE with BD-RB, it imports fine until here.. Other times it imports all 6, and then wants to rerender a BD-50. I just started checking this. But it's not new to get this error with other stuff. Usually I exit BD-RB, delete Temp, Import and WORK...and all goes well from there.

118GB free (not GiB--I'm poking a lot of fun at the goofy GiB thing) free...so, plenty to work with.

Any ideas for the error?
Old 20th September 2018, 13:22   #27704  |  Link
jdobbs

That's just about it. It means that either you don't have privileges to the file, or (more commonly) it is locked and being used. Check and see if there is a file called MEDIAINFO.TXT in the TEMP folder and whether it has information in it.

It could (possibly) be a race error. Try setting IMPORT_PREPARE_MKV=0 in the INI file and see if that has an effect. MKV files don't necessarily have to be "prepared", but I added it because I ran into a lot of MKV files that were incorrectly muxed.
Old 20th September 2018, 16:43   #27705  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Doh, I forgot about IMPORT_PREPARE_MKV=0. Using now... I remember you discussing that "a long time ago" and others crossing paths with MKV's like that.

Extras passed..now I'll redo with movie with them. If it happens again I'll post the contents of that file. I'll mark that setting as very important, haha!

"Locked or Denied, shhaaaa, not even!"
Old 20th September 2018, 18:07   #27706  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominux View Post
@jdobbs can you public this vesion, only for no-reencode backup?
Give me a day or two to try a couple things related to UHD. Then I'll post a new version as-is so people can use some of the change requests I've made.
Old 20th September 2018, 19:12   #27707  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
118GB free (not GiB--I'm poking a lot of fun at the goofy GiB thing) free...so, plenty to work with.
It is standardized binary unit. I see nothing goofy in that. GB treated in M$ way is goofy and 100% illogical because:

Code:
1kg  = 1000 grams
1kW  = 1000 Watts
1km  = 1000 meters
1kHz = 1000 hertz
1kb  = 1000 bits
1kB  = 1024 bytes (WTF!?!)
kilo in metric system stands for 1000 not 1024!
You must be one of those people thinking that only scientist use metric system...

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 20th September 2018 at 19:16.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 20:28   #27708  |  Link
meadrocks

Quote:
Give me a day or two to try a couple things related to UHD. Then I'll post a new version as-is so people can use some of the change requests I've made.
I'll be anxious to try out a new version of x265.
meadrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 20:38   #27709  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@Atak_Snajpera

Wrong. You're 2nd to last line (1kb = 1000 bits) doesn't exist at least not in the PC world. 8 bits = 1 byte. 16 bits = 2 bytes... (notice how the value doubles) each time, thats because in the pc world software works by multiples of 2, ascending. 1000 doesn't fit in that line

2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512=>1024<==

Perfectly normal, it's the same reason why you "lose" space after formatting, (you don't really loose it as it was never there to begin with). Disc / drive manufacturers work by the thousand, yes, but that's not a valid value at the OS level (see line above). Manufacturers calculate per thousands, yes, the OS doesn't (it calculates by 1024). 1 GiGaBytes = 1.000.000.000 bytes, the OS works in GiBiBytes, 1 GiB = 1.07374182 or 0.931322575 gibibytes. Which is why a 1 TeraByte calculates to approx 931 GibiBytes after formatting
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 20:51   #27710  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
You're 2nd to last line (1kb = 1000 bits) doesn't exist at least not in the PC world.
Ask your internet provider how it calculates Mb/s (mega bits per second). Mine limits my download speed to 16Mbps (16 000 000 bits/s=2 000 000 bytes/s=1.9 MiB/s). My network meter confirms that.
I see the same trend in audio codecs where for example 384kbps means 384000 bits instead of 393216 bits.
Use ffmpeg and you will see what I mean.

Binary units exist for a reason and people should finally start using them.
1 KiB = 1024 bytes
1 Kib = 1024 bits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilo-
Quote:
For the kilobyte, a second definition has been in common use in some fields of computer science and information technology. It uses kilobyte to mean 210 bytes (= 1024 bytes), because of the mathematical coincidence that 210 is approximately 103. The reason for this application is that digital hardware and architectures natively use base 2 exponentiation, and not decimal systems. JEDEC memory standards still permit this definition, but acknowledge the correct SI usage.

NIST comments on the confusion caused by these contrasting definitions: "Faced with this reality, the IEEE Standards Board decided that IEEE standards will use the conventional, internationally adopted, definitions of the SI prefixes", instead of kilo for 1024.[3] To address this conflict, a new set of binary prefixes has been introduced, which is based on powers of 2. Therefore, 1024 bytes are defined as one kibibyte (1 KiB).

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 20th September 2018 at 21:08.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 23:02   #27711  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Update: BR-RB has imported 2 extras fine now, including the one in the log, and the movie. I'm now getting the menu settings set as I want. I didn't make a note of them before. Appreciate the minder, Dobbs.

Another note though, for fun, I attempted the process the outcome like a normal BD, and removed 1 extra...and with the BD-50 set, as well as DO NOT ENCODE forced, I clicked backup (Full) and BD is rerendering everything. Hmmm.. I thought that to be odd since it's 47GB. Had I set BD-25 I would expect that.
Old 20th September 2018, 23:11   #27712  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
It is standardized binary unit. I see nothing goofy in that. GB treated in M$ way is goofy and 100% illogical because:

Code:
1kg  = 1000 grams
1kW  = 1000 Watts
1km  = 1000 meters
1kHz = 1000 hertz
1kb  = 1000 bits
You must be one of those people thinking that only scientist use metric system...
It was GB way before the GiB thing. I personally don't use the ISP way of counting, everything I use shows as MB/s. GB has been in use for more than 50 years. I agree totally with Ch3vr0n about "'lose' space after formatting".

Science is okay, but has much as it claims to be so awesome, it's also not a Religion I'll join 100%. Hehe. Science is cool, but it still does more guessing than I care for. When I was small, I knew there was a planet that was destroyed in our Solar System. But when I talked to "Science" people about it all I would get back is "that hasn't been confirmed, we don't have 'proof'.". After a bit "Whatever, facts and evidence aren't everything." was my thought. Still is. I'll leave it at that for now.
Old 21st September 2018, 00:12   #27713  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

Code:
1kg  = 1000 grams
1kW  = 1000 Watts
1km  = 1000 meters
1kHz = 1000 hertz
1kb  = 1000 bits
It's not M$... it's the way it is treated in all matters related to computer science. Memory, for example: 1024 bytes=1KB, etc. that's because computers use binary numbers not decimal (they don't use fingers to count things like humans) and 1024 is an even binary number: 10000000000. I went to college before Microsoft existed... and it has always been 1024 in the computer world.

[Edit] Lot's of comments I guess I should have read before answering.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st September 2018 at 00:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 00:19   #27714  |  Link
jdobbs

@AmigaFuture

I certainly can't agree with you there. Science and Math are the language of the universe -- and the universe really doesn't care about any of our opinions. Science never "guesses". If it is a guess... it isn't science. It only becomes science when it has been tested and proven.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st September 2018 at 00:21.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 01:20   #27715  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
It's not M$... it's the way it is treated in all matters related to computer science. Memory, for example: 1024 bytes=1KB, etc. that's because computers use binary numbers not decimal (they don't use fingers to count things like humans) and 1024 is an even binary number: 10000000000. I went to college before Microsoft existed... and it has always been 1024 in the computer world.

[Edit] Lot's of comments I guess I should have read before answering.
Wow! They had colleges back then...?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2018, 01:22   #27716  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
@AmigaFuture

I certainly can't agree with you there. Science and Math are the language of the universe -- and the universe really doesn't care about any of our opinions. Science never "guesses". If it is a guess... it isn't science. It only becomes science when it has been tested and proven.
Yeah, but don't forget... AF thinks he's gonna come back as a weasel...
Old 21st September 2018, 01:54   #27717  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
@AmigaFuture

That's why I didn't go any further...in that post. I DO like science, and I wanted to clarify that later. Like now. Math is the language of multiple Cosmos. With that there is 0 doubt here. Ehhhh...to some degree I will agree that the Cosmos doesn't care about our opinions - but it is constantly communicating to everything. The Cosmos is very much black and white in what it does, but the way (many) people think, is a bit grey.

People who don't know the name Science, is their adventuring Scientific? Science is only a definition. Or personal exploration to discover/create more? Science has discovered Reincarnation if a fact. Something I already knew, but.. Anyway, it's a deep and fun subject for sure. I don't require science for answers; but sometimes the validation is fun.
Old 21st September 2018, 01:55   #27718  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Yeah, but don't forget... AF thinks he's gonna come back as a weasel...
Yeah, I already nailed being a jackass....(in some opinions...heehaw, heehaw!).
Old 21st September 2018, 02:00   #27719  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Math is not even close to my best subject, BUT...this reply is what learned a long time ago also. It makes very good logical sense, .........still.

I wonder if the "new math" is where the GiG and MiB thing is coming from? Hmm... Lots of people where I live are having a very difficult time getting it accepted. I haven't checked into it, so I'm guessing.
Old 21st September 2018, 02:27   #27720  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafuture View Post
yeah, i already nailed being a jackass....(in some opinions...heehaw, heehaw!).