Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th March 2024, 23:11   #31661  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
Hmmmm....
Lathe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2024, 05:11   #31662  |  Link
MrVideo

BDRB issues

There are some outstanding issues that haven't been resolved. Two of them that are bitting me are:

1: The titles.inf file is being created, but never looked at when trying to build a BD. Whenever I import the same files, BDRB treats the files as if I am importing them for the first time. Not a killer, but annoying none-the-less.

2. This one is a killer. I also don't remember if there is a way around it. I have a BDRB configuration where I am using a newer tsmuxer that is UHD aware, mostly so that it will handle EAC3 files, which are UHD compliant, sort-of. Why sort-of? EAC3 needs the AC3 core to be UHD compliant. But, the new tsmuxer will work with the EAC3 audio that is contained in MKV files and my BD player will pass said EAC3 file to my Denon AVR via HDMI. The Sony player is set to directly output the audio streams over HDMI without touching them. But, when importing said MKV file into BDRB, it wants to convert the EAC3 to AC3, which is currently being done wrong (I know there is a work-around somewhere in the above postings), but I need BDRB to NOT convert to AC3. Why? Because that will ultimately remove any included Dolby Atmos. Not good. There needs to be an option within BDRB that tells BDRB to not convert to AC3 and that it is done at the user's risk.

Does anyone know away around the issue so that I can end up keeping the EAC3 file? Of course, the best thing is an updated BDRB that uses the newer tsmuxer and doesn't convert EAC3 files. But, right now I'll take a workaround.

Thanks
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2024, 05:55   #31663  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
There are some outstanding issues that haven't been resolved. Two of them are bitting me:
Hmmm, are these issues really 'Bitting' you Mr. Grammar...?

BTW, oddly after I don't know how many years, I am actually getting notifications of posts in this thread now!
Lathe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2024, 07:06   #31664  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hmmm, are these issues really 'Bitting' you Mr. Grammar...?
Both work, but many say it should be biting. Blame it on the keyboard entering the "t" twice"
Quote:
BTW, oddly after I don't know how many years, I am actually getting notifications of posts in this thread now!
I still don't.
Old 13th March 2024, 17:50   #31665  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
Does anyone know away around the issue so that I can end up keeping the EAC3 file? Of course, the best thing is an updated BDRB that uses the newer tsmuxer and doesn't convert EAC3 files. But, right now I'll take a workaround.
I just reincorporate the given EAC3 file after the fact and move on.

Not sure is this would be helpful to you, but I use FFMPEG quite a bit for different things.

Below is what I run from the command line to extract EAC3 audio from a MP4.

ffmpeg -i <filename>.mp4 -vn -acodec copy <filename>.eac3

And here's a command I've been using lately to extract and convert AAC to AC3.

ffmpeg -i <filename>.mp4 -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -b:a 224k <filename>.ac3

If I have a set of MP4 files I run a batch file. Quick and easy.

Last edited by Lowpro; 13th March 2024 at 19:42.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2024, 02:44   #31666  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
I just reincorporate the given EAC3 file after the fact and move on.
I've tried that in the past and it failed. One has to use tsmuxer to swap out the audio from the M2TS file that BDRB makes.
Problem is the file now no longer fits the info described in the other BD files. I have BDEdit, but that didn't seem to help. I'll have to try it again.
Quote:
Not sure is this would be helpful to you, but I use FFMPEG quite a bit for different things.

Below is what I run from the command line to extract EAC3 audio from a MP4.

ffmpeg -i <filename>.mp4 -vn -acodec copy <filename>.eac3

And here's a command I've been using lately to extract and convert AAC to AC3.

ffmpeg -i <filename>.mp4 -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -b:a 224k <filename>.ac3

If I have a set of MP4 files I run a batch file. Quick and easy.
tsmuxer and VideoReDo can be used to extract audio and convert AAC to AC3. In the case of replacing the screwed up audio with the original EAC3 file, tsmuxer would be used, since I would output a new M2TS file.

BTW, I use ffmpeg to rewrap MKV to MP4 of files that contain EAC3 audio, because the Sony UHD BD player refuses to output the EAC3 audio when contained within a MKV wrapper. Sony considers MKV files with EAC3 as being bootlegged. What is stupid is that MP4 and M2TS files will be played just fine. Illogical.

Last edited by MrVideo; 14th March 2024 at 02:46.
Old 14th March 2024, 06:04   #31667  |  Link
MrVideo

Does anyone know how to extract EIA-608 data captions from a TS? I need to create a BD compatible SRT file.

The captions are in two separate streams of the TS file.

Thanks

Last edited by MrVideo; 14th March 2024 at 07:34.
Old 14th March 2024, 13:10   #31668  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Does anyone know how to extract EIA-608 data captions from a TS? I need to create a BD compatible SRT file.

The captions are in two separate streams of the TS file.

Thanks
Have you tried demuxing with TsMuxer??
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2024, 01:06   #31669  |  Link
Lowpro

Quote:
I've tried that in the past and it failed. One has to use tsmuxer to swap out the audio from the M2TS file that BDRB makes.
Problem is the file now no longer fits the info described in the other BD files. I have BDEdit, but that didn't seem to help. I'll have to try it again.
From BDedit update the audio attributes of the PlayItem within the MPLS file and save, then press the "Apply to CLPI" button applying the changes made to the MPLS file to the CLPI file and save.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2024, 03:16   #31670  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpro View Post
then press the "Apply to CLPI" button applying the changes made to the MPLS file to the CLPI file and save.
Ah! That is probably what I didn't do last time. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2024, 04:47   #31671  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Have you tried demuxing with TsMuxer??
tsmuxer does see the subtitles. Now I have other issues. If it isn't one thing, it is another.
Old 15th March 2024, 11:48   #31672  |  Link
MrVideo

Replacing the audio file worked. I must have not done the apply last time. The subtitles are out-of-sync. I have something to try regarding that.

When I tried to import the M2TS file into tsmuxer, it complained that it didn't like the video and didn't import it. Strange since BDRB used it to work with the video in the first place. I know that it is the same version as I installed it into the BDRB program location.So, I used the M2TS file that I imported into BDRB. BDEdit complained that the packet size was wrong and I let it correct it. When I tried playing the disc, it refused to show the video, instead showing the menu background image, but played the audio files and subtitles. Weird. Back to the drawing board.

UPDATE: Nope, can't fix the screwed up audio file. Tsmuxer does not like the M2TS file that BDRB put together. No idea why not.

Needless to say, BDRB needs to be fixed so that it does not screw with EAC3 files (user option). Plus the titles.inf issue must be fixed as will. It is a real PITA when trying to redo a job. Having to do it all from scratch every time really sucks.

Last edited by MrVideo; 15th March 2024 at 13:25.