Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 20th March 2020, 19:46   #481  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomum View Post
Sorry for lack of words
What is the "oldest DVDFab, Player, Passkey version" supported by "Latest FindVUK"?
This an info from the FindVUK 0.68 changelog:
Quote:
; 0.68 released - 20150927
; change: added DVDfab 9.2.1.5 as tested application
; change: added Passkey 8.2.5.0 as tested application
; change: added MediaPlayer 2.5.0.5 as tested application
I think that even this old applications should still work (but I've never tested and don't support it) but afaik they aren't supported by DVDfab any longer - or at least it's not possible to decrypt new discs with them.
So I don't understand why you want to use an old dvdfab-application?

Finally I'd say that only current applications are 'supported'.
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2020, 06:37   #482  |  Link
Bomum

Thank you for answering
I didn't know how much support I had, so I asked a question, sorry
Old 28th March 2020, 20:26   #483  |  Link
richy

I've recently been getting problems with the sync. I used to get speeds of several MB/s and the whole process would take seconds but I mostly seem to get a few kB/s (generally about 7-8 kB/s) now before it eventually fails because it gets nowhere near the 30MB or so required for the full download (generally it gets to about the 3MB mark and then I get "ERROR! Download of OnlineDB failed!")

Has something altered? Is it just me? Is my IP address being throttled?? :P

I'm using the latest version (v1.31) and it works fine for submissions but I'm just getting issues with the sync.
richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 20:56   #484  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy View Post
I've recently been getting problems with the sync. I used to get speeds of several MB/s and the whole process would take seconds but I mostly seem to get a few kB/s (generally about 7-8 kB/s) now before it eventually fails because it gets nowhere near the 30MB or so required for the full download (generally it gets to about the 3MB mark and then I get "ERROR! Download of OnlineDB failed!")

Has something altered? Is it just me? Is my IP address being throttled??

I'm using the latest version (v1.31) and it works fine for submissions but I'm just getting issues with the sync.
I noticed the problem yesterday...

The problem is the speed of the free bplaced account I'm using at the moment.

I'm currently thinking about a solution.

Just in case someone knows a good free hoster with php and mysql please post here or send me a pm.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
Old 10th April 2020, 21:55   #485  |  Link
xplt

[A pair of thought aloud]
  1. Due to the current situation and staying at home, I decided to re-validate all of my blu-ray disks and after ~100 of disks, it turned out that PassKey has a weekly limit of key retrievals (unfortunately, I haven't made a screenshot of PassKey's error message, but support says on their forum that it actually has a limit of 70 keys/week)... Maybe, FindVUK should have some kind of counter for that?..
  2. I suffer from some strange rare bug, when some of the files in FindVUK get corrupted/deleted, but so far, I couldn't reproduce it: after some usage of FindVUK, config files or the backup DB get deleted. But it can be a fault of my SSD drive (I still don't trust these things ) or Windows Vista fault (which I use for FindVUK). So, when it happens I unpack the files from *.zip archive and always do a backup of my KEYDB.cfg

Last edited by xplt; 11th April 2020 at 02:02.
xplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2020, 16:11   #486  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplt View Post
[A pair of thought aloud]
  1. Due to the current situation and staying at home, I decided to re-validate all of my blu-ray disks and after ~100 of disks, it turned out that PassKey has a weekly limit of key retrievals (unfortunately, I haven't made a screenshot of PassKey's error message, but support says on their forum that it actually has a limit of 70 keys/week)... Maybe, FindVUK should have some kind of counter for that?..
  2. I suffer from some strange rare bug, when some of the files in FindVUK get corrupted/deleted, but so far, I couldn't reproduce it: after some usage of FindVUK, config files or the backup DB get deleted. But it can be a fault of my SSD drive (I still don't trust these things ) or Windows Vista fault (which I use for FindVUK). So, when it happens I unpack the files from *.zip archive and always do a backup of my KEYDB.cfg
hi!

1) currently I've no plans to include a counter - I also noticed it myself years ago when I validated all my blurays within a short amount of time, but imho this is something that is not done quite frequently and as nobody ever complained I don't think it's really necessary.

2) interesting - never had problems like this, so honestly I've no idea how to fix it ... in case you can reproduce it tell me the required steps.
Old 20th April 2020, 18:09   #487  |  Link
farmerjoe

Hi nalor,
first of all I was amazed what was possible with "just" a lib and key file.
But as you already mentioned, your hoster isn't the best and I didn't even got a file complete in two weeks+.
I can understand everything and keep on trying (no worries, I'm not hammering or something - I try ~5 times per day).
Guess - after testing multiple browsers, download tools and also the FindVUK sync feature - it's just luck.

I don't know very much about programming, but I deal with data on the daily basis, 100k+ of records in multiple systems are nothing new to me. My suggestion would be to switch from "complete download" to "incremental download" (like most backup tools work). Not sure what indicator (line number?) could be use for that, but it would decrease load on your hoster and wouldn't matter if the download is interupted.

Assuming some free hoster (like Mega.nz) aren't a solution, I'll have to thank you and see if my 5th try today might be successful
farmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 20:31   #488  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerjoe View Post
Hi nalor,
first of all I was amazed what was possible with "just" a lib and key file.
But as you already mentioned, your hoster isn't the best and I didn't even got a file complete in two weeks+.
I can understand everything and keep on trying (no worries, I'm not hammering or something - I try ~5 times per day).
Guess - after testing multiple browsers, download tools and also the FindVUK sync feature - it's just luck.
You can download a recent copy of keydb here
candela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 20:50   #489  |  Link
nalor

I'm also quite disappointed of the performance - I asked support of bplaced and got the answer, that all free accounts share a 2mbps limit ... so I guess this limit is constantly reached and so nothing is really working as expected.

The idea with the 'full' download is that the file can be downloaded with a simple curl on linux without the need for something special.

Of course I could add some kind of incremental download specifically for the synchronisation - but honestly this would be a huge rework of the current setup and I cannot afford the time for this.

I also checked other 'free' hosters but none of them offers the features the small site needs:
# direct file access without advertisements (this is necessary in order to download files with curl or for the synchronisation)
-> found only 2 hosters: bplaced and webhost000

# enough traffic volume to support the full-downloads: currently 200 downloads/day * 30 days * 15MB: around 90GB per month.
-> webhost000 limits the free account to 3GB, so it's not an option any longer ...

Finally only bplaced remains as free option.

Still thinking how to carry on.

Last edited by nalor; 20th April 2020 at 22:30.
Old 21st April 2020, 11:41   #490  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Hi nalor

I'm not an expert for file hosters, but I use LimaCity for chapterEditor. and maybe you could use a SQL DB for storage files.
hubblec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 14:27   #491  |  Link
farmerjoe

Hi everyone,
I guess I need to run the sync file as admin to that the keydb.cfg in C:\ProgramData\aacs is updated as well.
Was a bit confused why it file was never updated even so the script said it.
farmerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 22:36   #492  |  Link
gmipf

Hello, I need some support for this tool. FindVUK have problems dumping the Media Key, Volume ID and Volume Unique Key on 5 of my discs. The field for those 3 values are simply empty in the exported xml file. 4 of them are MKBv64 and the other one MKBv63. On other discs I had no such problems. Is this a limitation for newer MKB versions? I have tried two different drives and systems, one of them is a QEMU VM, both Win10. I also tried with older FindVUK version till 1.23 but not tested with older PassKey or DVDFab.
gmipf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2020, 22:48   #493  |  Link
candela

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmipf View Post
Hello, I need some support for this tool. FindVUK have problems dumping the Media Key, Volume ID and Volume Unique Key on 5 of my discs. The field for those 3 values are simply empty in the exported xml file. 4 of them are MKBv64 and the other one MKBv63. On other discs I had no such problems. Is this a limitation for newer MKB versions? I have tried two different drives and systems, one of them is a QEMU VM, both Win10. I also tried with older FindVUK version till 1.23 but not tested with older PassKey or DVDFab.
Newer DVDFab versions only use UK, hence FindVUK can only get UK. You can also no longer use old DVDFab versions since DVDFab has disabled them. If you want to get all keys, use latest known PK/HC (up to MKBv68) with aacskeys or the program aacsinfo included with libaacs https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924
Old 28th April 2020, 04:09   #494  |  Link
gmipf

I already dumped the VUK with FindVUK and latest PassKey on two blurays with MKBv62. So as I understand the problem begins with MKBv63 and higher?

I have tried it with aacs-info.exe and it outputs the VID and MK which stands for Volume ID and Media Key I think? But there is no Volume Unique Key shown or do I oversee something?

I also tried aacskeys 0.4.0 but I don't know how to add the host certificate and host private key to the HostKeyCertificates.txt.

aacsinfo also outputs this:

src/libaacs/mmc.c:674: Drive does not support reading drive certificate
src/libaacs/aacs.c:1103: Unable to read drive certificate
libaacs open succeed.
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff80000189) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff80000146) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff800000ad) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff800000c4) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff80000039) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff00000064) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff000000ae) has been revoked by your drive ?
src/libaacs/mmc.c:458: Host key / Certificate (id 0xffff0000000c) has been revoked by your drive ?

PMSN : ???
Bus encryption:
Device support: no
Enabled in media: no

Host Revocation List (MKB version 0):
(empty)
Drive Revocation List (MKB version 0):
(empty)
Old 28th April 2020, 12:07   #495  |  Link
candela

Quote:
I already dumped the VUK with FindVUK and latest PassKey on two blurays with MKBv62. So as I understand the problem begins with MKBv63 and higher?

I have tried it with aacs-info.exe and it outputs the VID and MK which stands for Volume ID and Media Key I think? But there is no Volume Unique Key shown or do I oversee something?

I also tried aacskeys 0.4.0 but I don't know how to add the host certificate and host private key to the HostKeyCertificates.txt.
I think FindVUK can use existing VUK/VID/MK in keydb to verify a disc, but it only finds new UK

You can calculate VUK manually from VID and MK. Or enable debugging in libaacs and run VLC to find all keys or check VLC cache

Easiest is: aacskeys -v drive:

HostKeyCertificates.txt simply has two lines
Quote:
line1=private key (40 hex chars, no 0x in front)
line2=host certificate (184 hex chars, no 0x in front)
Old 28th April 2020, 15:49   #496  |  Link
gmipf

OK, I have played back the BDMV with VLC on Ubuntu and Windows just fine, but can't find the cache folder with the VUKs. According to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray it should be in ~/.cache/aacs/vuk on Linux, but there is nothing. On Windows I have also no idea where the VLC cache is. I'm using VLC 3.0.8 and 3.0.10.

How can I enable debug mode in libaacs?

Have also tried again with aacskeys. When I use the third keys with the comment "; Revoked in MKBv63", then I get this:

The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

Which is normal I think. But with the first two keys I get this (Hope it is OK to post the full output):

Code:
aacskeys 0.4.0 by arnezami, KenD00

Current path:                   C:\aacskeys

MKBv:                           63
Processing key:                 76DDD7093216D28C15049A6B9C5C18B9
Encrypted C-value:              BD075BFB694AD6B929FB896A4591818C
Corresponding uv:               00000A40

Decrypted C-value:              A227B69D67559B47A82FA79A7D1A3F03
Media key:                      A227B69D67559B47A82FA79A7D1A3543

Encrypted verification data:    D9109BD7DCEC1E7B159837D13C7DAD1C
Decr verif data should be:      0123456789ABCDEF
Decrypted verification data:    0123456789ABCDEFD82CA394042AD9FA

Drive FW info:                  YL07
AACS Version:                   01
Number of concurrent AGIDs:     1
Supports BN generation:         YES
BN Block Count:                 1
Inserted medium AACS protected: YES

AGID:                           00

Host Private Key (Hpriv):       5924778E74CC2B18B95BAE7D93A09505B1BF08CE
Host certificate (Hcert):       0201005CFFFF800001B100005F1407EDBF9D1CD3
                                8F33A625209B5ED10D48F71E2AB2A1C53CCF9E25
                                D6AEB4BEE968FBBD10DC44064841C35810673158
                                9A2C12DD5B4D86FE840D2C6525594E72A19C2EDB
                                C3DD6A28F75E9A9C00D684BB
Host Nonce (Hn):                2923BE84E16CD6AE529049F1F1BBE9EBB3A6DB3C

AGID:                           00

Drive certificate (Dcert):      ########################################
                                ########################################
                                ########################
Drive Nonce (Dn):               ########################################

Drive key point (Dv):           ########################################
Drive key signature (Dsig):     ########################################

Host key (Hk):                  5613E7F89B11D9CAA27B610A1096332BEED86BC4
Host key point (Hv):            8A60C80BD60C23605FBE90B27BF96B2DB38195C1
                                801F54EB29E0F6EC57AC2B9168E88B2D56977508
Host key signature (Hsig):      ########################################

Problem with verifying the host signature.

ERROR: AACSVERYIFHOST, errnr: -1
Old 28th April 2020, 16:32   #497  |  Link
candela

Quote:
OK, I have played back the BDMV with VLC on Ubuntu and Windows just fine, but can't find the cache folder with the VUKs. According to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray it should be in ~/.cache/aacs/vuk on Linux, but there is nothing. On Windows I have also no idea where the VLC cache is. I'm using VLC 3.0.8 and 3.0.10.

How can I enable debug mode in libaacs?

Have also tried again with aacskeys. When I use the third keys with the comment "; Revoked in MKBv63", then I get this:

The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

Which is normal I think. But with the first two keys I get this (Hope it is OK to post the full output):
Please read this topic completely and any links

You are using a host cert that is revoked in MKBv70 meaning you have inserted a disc that is MKBv70 or higher in your drive. You can no longer use this host cert. The last known public host cert is revoked in MKBv72 so if you have inserted a MKBv72 disc you are out of luck with libaacs or aacskeys
Old 28th April 2020, 20:28   #498  |  Link
gmipf

I could get all the keys now with the debug output method from your topic. Thank you for your help.
Old 29th April 2020, 02:12   #499  |  Link
DanTheMann15

another thing to mention is that there is no public processing keys or device keys (that work for any drive anyway) for MBKv70-71 yet.

so you can use mick0's new host certificate here if you haven't inserted any discs with MKBv72, but you can't decrypt any bluray discs without a set of keys corresponding to the MKB revision:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...6924&p=1887531
DanTheMann15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2020, 09:52   #500  |  Link
Bomum

Quote:
Originally Posted by candela View Post
Newer DVDFab versions only use UK, hence FindVUK can only get UK. You can also no longer use old DVDFab versions since DVDFab has disabled them. If you want to get all keys, use latest known PK/HC (up to MKBv68) with aacskeys or the program aacsinfo included with libaacs https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176924
In all versions except the current version,
Does it mean that the feature is always disabled?
Does Other than the latest version, 11.0.8.6,
that mean the feature is disabled?