Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 30th March 2020, 09:15   #681  |  Link
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
I guessed the problem is Qt after updating another software which uses Qt, it now shows similar problems, however the difference is that it doesn't appear to be hanging like MKVToolnix but seems to open menus slowly. Mind you it uses Qt 5.14, don't remember what MKVToolnix v43 used. Should I report that to Qt devs or they are already aware of the problem?
I can confirm this bug with Qt 5.14.1. The same problem have Qbittorrent 4.2.2 with identical qt version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosu View Post
You can check which Qt version MKVToolNix was built with via the "Help" → "System information" menu entry. For MKVToolNix v43 on Windows this was Qt 5.14.1.

I wasn't able to find anything in their bug tracker with a quick search.

Note that this particular problem doesn't happen on all Windows installations (it doesn't on my Windows 10, my Windows Server 2016 and Server 2019 installations). Neither did anyone open a bug report for it.

If it only happens on Windows 7, you might have to prepare for the problem not to be fixed anymore.
My OS is Windows 10 1909 64bit. Thanks for this great software Mosu!

Qbittorrent post:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/12316
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 17:36   #682  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

I've just modified mkvmerge to abort with appropriate error messages if the user attempts to append or split FLAC audio tracks. Additionally I've converted the text from issue 953 sneaker_ger has linked to into an official entry in my FAQ.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 07:57   #683  |  Link
stax76

Thanks Mosu
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 13:15   #684  |  Link
Stereodude

Is there a way to make a MVC (3D Blu-ray) mux with MKVToolNix directly from the mounted .ISO of the decrypted Blu-ray? I know for regular 2D blu-rays you can just drag in the .pls. Doing that on a 3D blu-ray gives you a 2D mux.
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 21:32   #685  |  Link
arrgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
... a way to make a MVC (3D Blu-ray) mux with MKVToolNix directly...
I second this request.
arrgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:36   #686  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Is there a way to make a MVC (3D Blu-ray) mux with MKVToolNix directly from the mounted .ISO of the decrypted Blu-ray? I know for regular 2D blu-rays you can just drag in the .pls. Doing that on a 3D blu-ray gives you a 2D mux.
It might happen one day, but I've never really been motivated to work on that functionality.

Old 2nd April 2020, 12:56   #687  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
It might happen one day, but I've never really been motivated to work on that functionality.
So the MKV container can handle MVC video (from a 3D blu-ray), and MKVToolNix can correctly handle/process/manipulate/export a MKV that already contains a MVC video stream (from a 3D blu-ray), but it has no ability to mux it from the demuxed streams or a blu-ray source? What's different about having it already in a .mkv vs. demuxed elementary streams?
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 21:44   #688  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Data already present in Matroska can simply be kept as-is. Data read from other container formats has to be parsed and converted into structures suitable for storage in Matroska.

Old 3rd April 2020, 17:08   #689  |  Link
Ripman

Hi all. Long time. Still very excellent sw. I pay attention, just haven't needed to ask anything - even with the option changes and such.

Thanks again for mkvtoolnix.

Last edited by Ripman; 4th April 2020 at 10:14.
Ripman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 15:11   #690  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v45.0.0 released

Hello dear people,

I sincerely hope you're all healthy or at least on the way there. I'm fine, and having some more time on my hands I was able to get more done wrt. MKVToolNix. So this release is a bit bigger than the previous ones.

Nothing's changed for package managers.

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 45.0.0 "Heaven in Pennies" 2020-04-04
New features and enhancements
  • mkvmerge: mkvmerge has never supported appending & splitting FLAC audio tracks. mkvmerge will now emit error messages when the user attempts either instead of continuing and creating invalid FLAC tracks.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: added an option in the preferences to turn on eliding text on tab headers. If enabled, tab names will be shortened so that all tab headers fit into the window's width. Implements #2768.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: added an option in the preferences to disable all tooltips.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: Windows: debug output sent via Qt's to Windows' debugging facility will use a more verbose message format including the application name, making it easier to filter for in SysInternal's "Debug View" utility.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if the file identification fails due to a JSON parser error, the output generated by "mkvmerge" will be output via Qt's debugging facility (viewable with SysInternal's "Debug View" utility on Windows; on other systems it's output on "STDERR") allowing insight into what's gone wrong.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if an error occurs during file identification, the name of the processed file will be mentioned in the error message.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: if an error occurs during identification of multiple files, the GUI will ask the user whether to continue or abort the identification process. Implements #2778.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: added an option in the preferences for removing completed jobs when exiting the program depending on their status. Implements #2769.

Bug fixes
  • mkvmerge: H.265/HEVC packetizer: fixed changing the NALU size length, it was using the wrong offset into the "hevcC" structure.
  • mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed calculating the duration of video tracks that only contain a single frame. Fixes #2747.
  • mkvmerge: MP4 reader: if there's no frame offset table ("ctts" atom) present for H.265/HEVC video tracks, mkvmerge will determine the timestamp order itself instead of relying on the timestamps in the MP4 being in the presentation order required by Matroska. Fixes #2777.
  • mkvpropedit: Windows: mkvpropedit wasn't caching when reading the file to modify, slowing down operations such as adding track statistics tags considerably. Fixes #2761.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when using the title as part of the destination file name (both automatically as well as using the "copy title to destination file name" function) all characters that aren't valid in a file name are replaced by hyphens.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: the "copy title to destination file name" function was broken when the "make file name unique" option in the preferences was disabled. In that case the file base name was removed regardless of what the title was set to at the time.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when using the "show command line" menu option on Windows the path to the "mkvmerge" executable was shown with forward slashes instead of backslashes. This is a purely cosmetic fix as Windows supports both forward and backward slashes.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: when adding Blu-ray playlists the GUI used to only look for the English version of the disc library information (title & cover images). Now the GUI will present all disc library entries in the "select playlist to add" dialog & let the user chose which one to use (if any). Fixes #2765.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, info tool: fixed the "warn before overwriting" check wrt. jobs creating the same file. Fixes #2758.

So try to have some fun, especially in these trying times.

Old 4th April 2020, 21:36   #691  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

^ Thanks
filler56789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2020, 21:48   #692  |  Link
ryrynz

Solid release. Good one.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2020, 11:12   #693  |  Link
zn

Is it possible to log actual start and finish timecodes for all parts from "--split parts:" output?

as a temporarily solution I am using "--split timecodes:" instead of "--split parts:", this way I can calculate times manually

Last edited by zn; 6th April 2020 at 22:53.
zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2020, 07:26   #694  |  Link
Selur

Small question:
I noticed that mkv has rotaion options:
  • --projection-type TID:method
    Sets the video projection method used. Valid values are 0 (rectangular projection), 1 (equirectangular projection), 2 (cubemap projection) and 3 (mesh projection).
  • --projection-private TID:data
    Sets private data that only applies to a specific projection. Data must be given as hex numbers with or without the "0x" prefix, with or without spaces.
  • --projection-pose-yaw TID:float
    Specifies a yaw rotation to the projection.
  • --projection-pose-pitch TID:float
    Specifies a pitch rotation to the projection.
  • --projection-pose-roll TID:float
    Specifies a roll rotation to the projection.
see: https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkvmerge.html

-> Do VLC, MPC-HC and other players support these? (they would be useful when reencoding mp4 files which were recorded by a mobile with a mp4 rotation flag)

Cu Selur

Ps.: Okay, did a small test using:
Code:
mkvmerge --ui-language en -o "E:\Output\source with rotation flag.mkv" --global-tags "E:\Temp\source with rotation flag_08_56_54_1010__06.xml" -d 0 --default-track 0:yes --projection-type 0:0 --projection-pose-roll 0:90 --track-name 0:"VideoHandle" --language 0:en --default-duration 0:2984100/100000fps --aspect-ratio-factor 0:1/1 --fourcc 0:MP4V --no-chapters --compression -1:none --forced-track 0:yes --no-audio --no-subtitles --timecodes 0:"E:\Temp\timecodeV2_08_56_54_1010.tc" "E:\Temp\08_56_54_1010_03.264"
and the output at least with MPC-HC wasn't rotated.

Last edited by Selur; 11th April 2020 at 07:59.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 05:51   #695  |  Link
leon

@Mosu

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-82701

What's the current version of Qt used in the latest version of MKVToolNix?
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 18:28   #696  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

You can check the Qt version your particular copy was built against via "Help" → "System information".

Old 14th April 2020, 18:29   #697  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zn View Post
Is it possible to log actual start and finish timecodes for all parts from "--split parts:" output?
There's no functionality that outputs those timestamps.

Old 14th April 2020, 20:14   #698  |  Link
leon

Quote:
You can check the Qt version your particular copy was built against via "Help" → "System information".
I know that, but I'm not using the "latest version" because of the bug.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2020, 22:41   #699  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

v45 is built with Qt 5.14.2, which is the latest release available.

Old 14th April 2020, 22:45   #700  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
I know that, but I'm not using the "latest version" because of the bug.
If you look at the link you posted you can see the issue was closed with the release of 5.14.2. If you're going to reference something at least understand it...
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
matroska