Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th April 2010, 08:01   #8001  |  Link
DGenerateKane
Former Kanenite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The full log would help. Did you stop, change you audio settings, and resume? The error you are describing is exactly what would happen if you did. In the next release I think I'm going to put in a check to prevent that from being allowed.
Nope, I never interrupt the process for any reason.

Hmm, my log is too long, I'll have to upload a txt document.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (28.9 KB, 47 views)
DGenerateKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 19:39   #8002  |  Link
woodman

I’ve just done a full backup of Apocalypto to bd25 with one HD audio track selected and in the work files folder there is two audio tracks, one at 3.99GB and the other 2.68GB, both are 00001._4352 wav. Is this normal, the film has 3 tracks LPMC, 5.1 and stereo. The main file that BD Rebuilder created has only one audio track.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 19:46   #8003  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman View Post
I’ve just done a full backup of Apocalypto to bd25 with one HD audio track selected and in the work files folder there is two audio tracks, one at 3.99GB and the other 2.68GB, both are 00001._4352 wav. Is this normal, the film has 3 tracks LPMC, 5.1 and stereo. The main file that BD Rebuilder created has only one audio track.
Yes its normal. BD-RB tells TSMUXER to break up .WAV files into multiple parts to keep them under 4GB. They are recombined when they are reencoded/remuxed.
Old 28th April 2010, 20:07   #8004  |  Link
woodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes its normal. BD-RB tells TSMUXER to break up .WAV files into multiple parts to keep them under 4GB. They are recombined when they are reencoded/remuxed.
Thanks jdobbs. Thats a very large audio track, i did'nt think they were that high.

great program, can't wait for the pro version
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 22:09   #8005  |  Link
unrox

Repost

I have made copies of Avatar, made 2 copies each in BD5 and BD9. Neither of th BD9's would play on my stand alone, yet played on the computer. I have a Panasonic B60, the BD 5's played on both, Used Verbatim 2.4X disks on the BD 9's Ty02's on the BD5's. Any ideas? Also one copy of each was full movie and one movie only.Again neither worked On BD9, both did work on BD5. T.I.A.

Last edited by unrox; 28th April 2010 at 22:12.
unrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 22:49   #8006  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrox View Post
I have made copies of Avatar, made 2 copies each in BD5 and BD9. Neither of th BD9's would play on my stand alone, yet played on the computer. I have a Panasonic B60, the BD 5's played on both, Used Verbatim 2.4X disks on the BD 9's Ty02's on the BD5's. Any ideas? Also one copy of each was full movie and one movie only.Again neither worked On BD9, both did work on BD5. T.I.A.
That's odd. You wouldn't think a player would distinguish in any way between BD-5 and BD-9... and Verbatims have always been good discs in my experience, so I wouldn't think that to be the issue.
Old 28th April 2010, 23:54   #8007  |  Link
DK

Could different booktype settings be an issue?
DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 01:04   #8008  |  Link
setarip_old

@unrox, @jdobbs

Hi!

I believe "multiAVCHD" has (and has had for some time now) some special settings for dealing with such known idiosyncrasies of Panasonic standalone players...

BTW - Verbatims (DVD5s and DVD9s) are no longer a "sure thing", ever since they added manufacturing facilities in places such as India and the United Arab Emirates...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 01:53   #8009  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@unrox, @jdobbs

Hi!

I believe "multiAVCHD" has (and has had for some time now) some special settings for dealing with such known idiosyncrasies of Panasonic standalone players...

BTW - Verbatims (DVD5s and DVD9s) are no longer a "sure thing", ever since they added manufacturing facilities in places such as India and the United Arab Emirates...
Yeah, I had a discussion with him about that, but I don't think it was related to BD-5 as opposed to BD-9...
Old 29th April 2010, 04:05   #8010  |  Link
setarip_old

@unrox, @jdobbs

Well, just to let you know, I've seen a few of posts making that distinction (DVD5s Yes, DVD9s No) regarding this specific Panasonic player at DVDHelp and other forums...
Old 29th April 2010, 04:36   #8011  |  Link
raul124

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@unrox, @jdobbs

Hi!

setarip_old would you know the special settings for dealing with some panasonic BD30 players. I have tried using multiavchd after shrinking the BD disc to BD9 full backup and still getting not compatible format. Maybe Iam doing some thing wrong. Would you know what to do first and the rest of the steps...much appriciated
raul124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 05:18   #8012  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul124 View Post
setarip_old would you know the special settings for dealing with some panasonic BD30 players. I have tried using multiavchd after shrinking the BD disc to BD9 full backup and still getting not compatible format. Maybe Iam doing some thing wrong. Would you know what to do first and the rest of the steps...much appriciated
I'd like to know too.
Old 29th April 2010, 07:52   #8013  |  Link
setarip_old

If I remember correctly, that information (or how to implement it) should be in the following thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146602
Old 30th April 2010, 01:01   #8014  |  Link
JohnnyB.Good

I've been having trouble recently, I keed getting "Encode Failed". I have been encoding for quite a while so something has changed since the "Automatic Quality" version was introduced that I keep gettings these problems that weren't there for me before.

-----------------------
[19:23:40] BD Rebuilder v0.33.06 (beta)
- Source: RED_BIRD_2D_WW
- Input BD size: 43.00 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:42:25.736]
- Target BD size: 23.14 GB
- Windows Version: 6.0 [6002]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:23:40] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:23:40] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
- [19:49:06] Reencoding: VID_00002 (1 of 2)
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.33.06 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
[19:49:18] - Failed video encode, aborted
JohnnyB.Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 03:33   #8015  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB.Good View Post
I've been having trouble recently, I keed getting "Encode Failed". I have been encoding for quite a while so something has changed since the "Automatic Quality" version was introduced that I keep gettings these problems that weren't there for me before.

-----------------------
[19:23:40] BD Rebuilder v0.33.06 (beta)
- Source: RED_BIRD_2D_WW
- Input BD size: 43.00 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:42:25.736]
- Target BD size: 23.14 GB
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[19:23:40] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [19:23:40] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
- [19:49:06] Reencoding: VID_00002 (1 of 2)
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.33.06 (beta)
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
[19:49:18] - Failed video encode, aborted
Hello mister. I've got the same issue with this movie. Did you decrypt with anydvd hd or with another software?

- Source: RED_BIRD_2D_WW (AVATAR)

i was trying the rip with dvdfab. I've got two m2ts file has been converted, And i burn it and can't play at my bluray player. Ive ripp in iSO the original decrypted BD but samething. I was thinking that the decryption has been corrupted. AnyDVD HD don't have the solution for this movie for the version "_WW". I wait for the new version to test it back.

Also: Post the entire log from bd rebuilder. we have only one INSPECTOR value.
Old 30th April 2010, 03:53   #8016  |  Link
tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
Hello mister. I've got the same issue with this movie. Did you decrypt with anydvd hd or with another software?

- Source: RED_BIRD_2D_WW (AVATAR)

i was trying the rip with dvdfab. I've got two m2ts file has been converted, And i burn it and can't play at my bluray player. Ive ripp in iSO the original decrypted BD but samething. I was thinking that the decryption has been corrupted. AnyDVD HD don't have the solution for this movie for the version "_WW". I wait for the new version to test it back.

Also: Post the entire log from bd rebuilder. we have only one INSPECTOR value.
i rip it with anydvd 6.6.3.7 and it work
have convert it to BD-9 with no problem

@jdobbs
any chance having pause button for the next versions ?
tandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 04:10   #8017  |  Link
setarip_old

@Johnny B. Good, @8ternity

With AnyDVDHD running in the background, try simply copying the disc to your hard drive. I believe you'll see it fail.

Presently, all three significant "players" in the BluRay decryption arena (DVDFab, MakeMKV, AnyDVDHD) are still having all sorts of difficulty with the unbelievably complex and multiple protection schemes (including different schemes for different countries within the same region protection schemes!). Each of the three is at a different stage of success.

At this time, I'd suggest you try DVDFab v.7.45 (with AnyDVD turned COMPLETELY off)...
Old 30th April 2010, 04:41   #8018  |  Link
steveg32

BD-5 & BD-9 burns: Book Type must be "Normal" not "DVD-ROM"

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrox View Post
Re: BD-5 & BD-9 playback problems on standalone Blu-ray players.

Make sure your burner drive & DVD+R/+R DL disc's Book Type are set to "Normal" and not "DVD-ROM". Many standalone B-R players cannot read BD-5 (DVD+R) & BD-9 (DVD+R DL) discs with a Book Type of "DVD-ROM". In ImgBurn, to check & change Book Type, go to > Tools > Drive > Change Book Type. This fixed all my playback issues regardless of what brand DVD+R/+R DL I burned on (although I only recommend Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden media). Good luck!
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 05:22   #8019  |  Link
chudm

guys i tried to do avatar to bd9 (Reencoding to 1280*720), but cant get it done with the subtitles... any suggestion?
chudm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 05:36   #8020  |  Link
jdobbs

@All

Until the issues with Avatar are settled at the decrypting end -- please refrain from posting any bug reports related to that title. This is a BD Rebuilder bug thread and the problems with that title currently shouldn't be considered bugs in BD-RB.

If, after the dust settles on the AnyDVD and DVDFab fronts related to that title, there still seem to be issues, we'll readdress. But right not it's just not fruitful to discuss a problem that may or may not have anything to do with BD Rebuilder.