Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 2nd July 2017, 03:34   #26141  |  Link
Lathe

Oh... I think I have an answer about the x264 speed. I'm running an encode now with your new version and it is still using x264L.exe So, I guess you are still having to use the much older x264 version then, right? Is that losing out on anything that these newer and newer x264 updates would be using though?
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 03:54   #26142  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
WHAT...??!!!

Something that Mr. Video didn't know...??

That's just NOT possible!

Yep, it happens. I don't deal with them and I do not use that feature on BD releases. I watch the movie and the special features.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 05:32   #26143  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Code:
- Corrected setting for IMPORT_VFR_SCAN so
  that it defaults to off.
Houston, we have a problem.

I'm working on a new project where the first disc has 6 HD files and 4 SD files. The SD files are from the DVD release and, in this case, are deleted scenes:
Code:
[22:57:50] Importing: JERICHO-S1-D1
- [22:58:23] Importing video file: (1 of 10)
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [23:00:00] Importing video file: (2 of 10)
- [23:01:40] Importing video file: (3 of 10)
- [23:03:20] Importing video file: (4 of 10)
- [23:04:49] Importing video file: (5 of 10)
- [23:06:30] Importing video file: (6 of 10)
- [23:08:12] Importing video file: (7 of 10)
- [23:08:22] Importing video file: (8 of 10)
  - Scanning for Variable Frame Rate...
  - Converting VFR source to CFR format...
[23:08:28]ERROR: Failed VFR conversion.  Aborted.
File 7 is SD as is file 8. Since the log doesn't list the actual file name (hint), I do not know which one it is. But, there isn't supposed to be any VFR checking. I do not have that option in my INI file.

So, I started up version 20 and only imported the SD files and all four were imported without VFR checking. But, after the menu was created. In the stream tab, the 2nd audio stream has a big red X. It should the deleted video's commentary stream. Not only that, only one of the for SD streams is shown.

Needless to say, I am currently stuck.

UPDATE: I added the VFR option and set it to 1. Two of the SD files it VFR scanned and converted just fine, but when it got to the 3rd one, if failed. I set the VFR option to 0 and did the import again. The first two files it did not VFR scan, but the 3rd it did, even though I set VFR to 0.

UPDATE #2: There are two more issues with the SD files. I went thru the other discs of the project and only imported the SD files, to see if there were any more issues with VFR. Turns out, only one disc out of four as a SD file that BDRB wants to VFR. The first of the two issues is the red X'd audio stream. I want both audio streams in the output. The second of the issues is that not all SD files are being used. While all SD files are being scanned and placed into the Stream directory, not all files end up on the menu. One disc I tested only has two SD files, but only one of them is listed in the stream list. Both are less than a minute each. Both time options are set to 0. What needs to be done to include all audio streams and to use all imported files, no matter the length?

UPDATE #3: As a further test, I burned a couple of discs (erasable) to see what was going on with the text I've underlined in #2. All of the SD files are there, even though the stream list is showing files missing. Also, all of the SD files have both audio streams, even though there is a red X through the 2nd stream. I'm confused. Is what I'm seeing in the stream list what the results would be if I were to do the Backup portion next? If that is the case, then the only issue is the SD file that BDRB is trying to VFR. But, why would BDRB not include some SD files, even though the time is set to 0? IIRC, in an earlier posting, a user is having such an issue.

Last edited by MrVideo; 2nd July 2017 at 07:20.
Old 2nd July 2017, 10:09   #26144  |  Link
varekai

x264 version 2833

Thanks jdobbs for the new version! Much appreciated!
In Tools folder, I'm still a bit confused on which x264 version I should use?
Are there still issues with slower encoding speed with newer version of x264 (2833)?
I'm thinking if the newer version (2833) do a better encoding job, qualitywise, I can live with slower encoding speed.
I'm using Win7 x64.

Thanks and best regards
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:01   #26145  |  Link
Sharc

Quick menu missing

Source: Imported file from an external USB drive.

Adding a Quick menu:
- The Quick-Play Menu Titel Editor works as expected, and gets correctly saved as titles.inf in the \Backup\Playlist
- In the Imports/Quick-Play setting dialog I can browse for a Menu Background picture and a Menu Background Audio, but the path to the audio is not getting updated in the dialog which always shows C:\Program files. Both paths are however correctly saved in the .ini.

In the final rebuilt BD structure however, the Quick menu is missing, although the log indicates
Code:
[00:51:21]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [00:51:21] Rebuilding BD file Structure
 - [00:51:21] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
[00:51:22] - Encode and Rebuild complete
Inspecting the various folders it seems that the video for the menu background was never created out of the 1920x1080 .bmp picture.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2017, 15:44   #26146  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Adding a Quick menu:
- The Quick-Play Menu Titel Editor works as expected, and gets correctly saved as titles.inf in the \Backup\Playlist
- In the Imports/Quick-Play setting dialog I can browse for a Menu Background picture and a Menu Background Audio, but the path to the audio is not getting updated in the dialog which always shows C:\Program files. Both paths are however correctly saved in the .ini.
I didn't even try adding audio with the new version. As for the C:\Program Files display, it is a result of M$ breaking the long line up between "Files" and "(x86)". The remainder on the long path is there, but it is on a 2nd line which is not being displayed. If you go back thru the posts, you'll find where jdobbs and I discussed this very issue. If he were to allow the user to change the size of the GUI, if you widened the GUI, the text would show up. But it doesn't solve the issue of it not displaying your new path.
Quote:
In the final rebuilt BD structure however, the Quick menu is missing, although the log indicates
Code:
[00:51:21]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [00:51:21] Rebuilding BD file Structure
 - [00:51:21] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
[00:51:22] - Encode and Rebuild complete
Inspecting the various folders it seems that the video for the menu background was never created out of the 1920x1080 .bmp picture.
Correct. The log does not show the menu being encoded, which means that it is not using the user supplied image. IIRC, only JPG images work. I had tried a BMP image in the past and it didn't work. So, I had to use JPG instead (set for maximum quality).
Old 2nd July 2017, 16:39   #26147  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Correct. The log does not show the menu being encoded, which means that it is not using the user supplied image. IIRC, only JPG images work. I had tried a BMP image in the past and it didn't work. So, I had to use JPG instead (set for maximum quality).
I converted the picture to .jpg (1920x1080, YUV 4:2:0, 8bit), but no avail. Then I moved it from the pictures folder to BD-RB's Misc folder. No avail. Then removed a blank in the file name. No avail.
I am running out of ideas ...

Last edited by Sharc; 2nd July 2017 at 16:47.
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:32   #26148  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I converted the picture to .jpg (1920x1080, YUV 4:2:0, 8bit), but no avail. Then I moved it from the pictures folder to BD-RB's Misc folder. No avail. Then removed a blank in the file name. No avail.
I am running out of ideas ...
... looks like you're running out of 'avails' too...
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:28   #26149  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I just use regular old JPEGs, as created by PhotoShop. Where they are placed makes no difference. But, I normally place them in the same directory in which the MKV files are placed. BTW, I'm running XP-64. Not that it should make a difference.

If you go back several posts, you will find one from me regarding grid templates that I've created. Download one of those and see if that works.
Old 3rd July 2017, 01:54   #26150  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
Thanks jdobbs for the new version! Much appreciated!
In Tools folder, I'm still a bit confused on which x264 version I should use?
Are there still issues with slower encoding speed with newer version of x264 (2833)?
I'm thinking if the newer version (2833) do a better encoding job, qualitywise, I can live with slower encoding speed.
I'm using Win7 x64.

Thanks and best regards
Yes, is there any update on this please?
Old 3rd July 2017, 02:55   #26151  |  Link
Video Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Yes, is there any update on this please?
I went back in this thread and found this post.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...21#post1789021
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 03:14   #26152  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Dude View Post

Thanks mate! I remember reading that; I was just wondering since JD seemed to be continuing to use the x254L.exe in the new builds, if there was any current update on this issue.
Old 3rd July 2017, 03:28   #26153  |  Link
MrVideo

Oh crap! I just got another SD video that BDRB wants to VFR.

It is a complete episode that I just added to the list and now BDRB doesn't like it either.

UPDATE: Version 20 created disc 1 and 5 without any issues.

Last edited by MrVideo; 3rd July 2017 at 07:41.
Old 3rd July 2017, 03:33   #26154  |  Link
MrVideo

@Sharc:

Just a thought. How about using a previous version that you have installed and see what happens, i.e. will it import the image?
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:04   #26155  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Dude View Post

That post was from 9th December 2016.
Would like to know if there are any changes since then.
Probably not if there are two x264 versions included in BDRB 0.50.24.
But I would also like to know if there are any better qualitywise improvements if using the newer x264 (2833)?
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:24   #26156  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
@Sharc:

Just a thought. How about using a previous version that you have installed and see what happens, i.e. will it import the image?
I tried with BDRB.exe v0.50.23 using a background picture which worked before, but same problem. The encoding of the background is just skipped.
And a new surprise: The .LOG gets no longer updated on the HD, and after I deleted it no new .log file was created. I see the log in the GUI tab only. The .INF file is however written to the HD as expected. Weird.
Maybe I have to wait for the next W10 update .....
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:12   #26157  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Maybe I have to wait for the next W10 update .....
Oh, therein lies your problem... Win10. I'm running BDRB under XP-64. I just recently brought up a Win7 box.
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:40   #26158  |  Link
MrVideo

Houston, we have another problem:
Code:
[06:17:11] Importing: 1W.CASTLE.S01E01.FLOWERS.FOR.YOUR.GRAVE.1080P.WEB-DL.DD_5.1.H.264-VLALUK
- [06:17:20] Importing video file: (1 of 1)
    - Source issue found, attempting correction...
[06:22:08]ERROR: Failed to build BD structure.  Aborted.
I wanted to see if the Blu-ray player would play the video when authored, so I tried to import it. I have no idea what went wrong because the log does not supply details. It would be nice if the log listed what the source issue was and why it failed to build the BD structure.

The video has DD+. The file name has "DD+5.1", not "DD_5.1".
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:04   #26159  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Houston, we have another problem:
Code:
[06:17:11] Importing: 1W.CASTLE.S01E01.FLOWERS.FOR.YOUR.GRAVE.1080P.WEB-DL.DD_5.1.H.264-VLALUK
- [06:17:20] Importing video file: (1 of 1)
    - Source issue found, attempting correction...
[06:22:08]ERROR: Failed to build BD structure.  Aborted.
I wanted to see if the Blu-ray player would play the video when authored, so I tried to import it. I have no idea what went wrong because the log does not supply details. It would be nice if the log listed what the source issue was and why it failed to build the BD structure.

The video has DD+. The file name has "DD+5.1", not "DD_5.1".
Me thinks that 1W.CASTLE.S01E01.FLOWERS.FOR.YOUR.GRAVE.1080P.WEB-DL.DD_5.1.H.264-VLALUK is a big no-no...
Old 3rd July 2017, 22:40   #26160  |  Link
MrVideo

Not really. I have the DVDs, but since they have not released the episodes in 1080p, I went to get the files.