Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28th October 2018, 21:52   #661  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno321 View Post
So I'm guessing that the plugins marked in yellow are those whose dependencies are not fully met?
No, the yellow just indicates that there's version info available whereas green means that there is none (therefore just the time stamp). Too many colours...
Old 8th November 2018, 22:42   #662  |  Link
bruno321

I'm still having problems with QTGMC, somehow. Here's a .zip file with three clips:

https://1fichier.com/?vhhxlra8xroazg3dc889

The .m2v is the original. The one called tdeint has the avisynth script given by

tdeint(mode=1)
srestore(frate=25)

The one called QTGMC has QTGMC() instead of the tdeint line. You can see that the tdeint one flows nicely, whereas the qtgmc one is stuttery. What's going on?
bruno321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2018, 23:14   #663  |  Link
Shirtfull

Quote:
What's going on?

Qtgmc only de-interlaces (does not remove telecine). Use Ivtc beforehand.
Shirtfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 05:46   #664  |  Link
manono

Yes, you should just IVTC it. But since it's not normal 3:2 pulldown, it's not a normal IVTC. This works on it:

TFM().Tdecimate(Cycle=6,CycleR=1)

You don't want to use TDeint on it as that's a deinterlacer and it damages the source. The TFM/TDecimate combination only field matches and removed duplicate frames. No damage to the underlying video.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 09:18   #665  |  Link
bruno321

That does indeed work nicely. Thanks!

But I'm confused: this is an excerpt from a film shot in PAL land and released in NTSC format (hence the 29.97fps). I've usually dealt with these in the past with QTGMC().srestore() and it's worked great, but not here. Why?
Old 9th November 2018, 09:30   #666  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

There is not only one possible kind of norm conversion. There are a lot. Some use blending, some don't. StainlessS translated the guide "exotic interlacing" (originally in German, by scharfis_brain), you may want to skim through this one if you are interested, but beware, it confuses even more.

All deinterlacers (including Yadif, TDeint, and QTGMC of course) can only handle a regular linear temporal progression from field to field. Telecine duplicates fields, it has a discrete progress. Field blending creates weighted sums of field contents. Both confuse the motion estimation which makes QTGMC superior.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 9th November 2018 at 09:33.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 10:01   #667  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Here tis ([Exotic] Interlacing_by_Scharfis_Brain):- http://www.mediafire.com/file/kkw0j7...Brain.zip/file

EDIT: Or via the MediaFire link below this post, in the DATA folder.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 9th November 2018 at 10:11.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 10:19   #668  |  Link
bruno321

Thanks! I've had a look. At this moment, I feel like I'd like to understand better the difference between blending and interlacing. Can anybody provide an explanation? And maybe some examples in images?

Quote:
All deinterlacers (including Yadif, TDeint, and QTGMC of course) can only handle a regular linear temporal progression from field to field. Telecine duplicates fields, it has a discrete progress. Field blending creates weighted sums of field contents. Both confuse the motion estimation which makes QTGMC superior.
I'd love to understand this, but I currently don't :P

So, in order to figure this out by myself, I'd do this: tfm(), and then realize that the frames are playing in a 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 pattern, which means no frames are blended and I should just TDecimate(0,1,6), right?

Last edited by bruno321; 9th November 2018 at 10:27.
Old 9th November 2018, 11:18   #669  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

To understand the basics of interlacing, first read the mentioned guide; scharfis_brain introduced some history of TV broadcasting for Cathode Ray Tube technology. You need to understand how fields progress in time, and that a pair of them is woven to a frame only for storage purposes. Then you may get the idea that this is a "legacy technology", looking back from today's digital video era where monitors are able to achieve much higher frame rates and can update the whole screen at once (progressive display).

This historical intermission about the nature of interlacing interrupts this thread about QTGMC like the Groundhog Day, or like Freddie Frinton stumbling upon the tiger head in "Dinner for one" every Silvester evening.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 19:48   #670  |  Link
manono

Quote:
At this moment, I feel like I'd like to understand better the difference between blending and interlacing
Both kinds are interlaced. However, for PAL sources field-blended to NTSC, typically 5 of 6 unfiltered frames are interlaced. With the telecined ones (like your current project), 2 of 6 are interlaced. When separating the fields or bobbing, if you see the blends/ghosts/double images, it's field blended. If you don't, it's not. Yours is not.
Old 30th November 2018, 21:26   #671  |  Link
jbalakri

aWarpSharp.dll needed

Hi,

I am trying to open QTGMC script in a 64 bit VirtualDub. I am using the UniversalAvisynth installer and installed the AVSPLUS_x64. I also have the latest QTGMC 3.358s version script installed.

It is unable to load aWarpSharp.dll because it's a 32bit dll. I have not been able to find a 64bit version of the binary anywhere.

In any case, aWarpSharp is depricated and the replacement is aWarpSharp2 from what I understand. Why is QTGMC still using an older version of aWarpSharp? Is there any workaround to get this working? I would appreciate it. Thanks!
jbalakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 21:47   #672  |  Link
jbalakri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalakri View Post
Hi,

I am trying to open QTGMC script in a 64 bit VirtualDub. I am using the UniversalAvisynth installer and installed the AVSPLUS_x64. I also have the latest QTGMC 3.358s version script installed.

It is unable to load aWarpSharp.dll because it's a 32bit dll. I have not been able to find a 64bit version of the binary anywhere.

In any case, aWarpSharp is depricated and the replacement is aWarpSharp2 from what I understand. Why is QTGMC still using an older version of aWarpSharp? Is there any workaround to get this working? I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Never mind! I got past this issue. I found a 64bit version of aWarpSharp.dll

But now I am stuck on Convolution3DYV12.dll

Any ideas where I can get this dll in 64bit binary? Thanks!
jbalakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 19:22   #673  |  Link
gispos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalakri View Post
Never mind! I got past this issue. I found a 64bit version of aWarpSharp.dll

But now I am stuck on Convolution3DYV12.dll

Any ideas where I can get this dll in 64bit binary? Thanks!
I use these plugins for QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise for Avisynth+ x64

MyDefaultFilters.avsi must be in the plugin folder.
I commented out all non-relevant plugins.

https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/KJtewI7M/file.html
Old 24th February 2019, 23:31   #674  |  Link
Metal-HTPC

hello guys,

I'm using Avisynth 2.6, 32bit and QTGMC v3.32 + plugins from the main post on thread 156028

I'm getting the error: unexpected charakter "[".

I used the following script:
Quote:
MPEG2Source("E:\Projects\Wrestling\Wm1\VHS\vhs.d2v")
QTGMC(Preset="Slow", EZDenoise=1.5)
Levels(0,1.000,250,2,255,true)
TWEAK([<"hue", -180, 180, 0>],[<"sat", 0, 4.0, 1.05>],[<"bright", -255.0, 255.0, 0.0>],[<"cont", 0.0, 5.0, 1.13>])
AssumeFPS(29.970)
If I leave out the TWEAK command line it starts encoding without an error, so I guess the problem is in that line
Does anyone have any idea what it could be ?
thanks in advance for your help
Metal-HTPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 23:52   #675  |  Link
manolito

These "Tweak" params cannot work, looks like you pasted them into your script from some tutorial without a clue what you want to achieve. In the AviSynth\Docs subfolder you can find a comprehensive doc about the Tweak parameters, a valid Tweak command could look like this:

Quote:
Tweak(hue=10, sat=2, bright=10, cont=1.13)
Good luck
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 01:05   #676  |  Link
Metal-HTPC

thanks a lot it worked great.
Old 25th February 2019, 19:45   #677  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-HTPC View Post
AssumeFPS(29.970)
Was it your intent to double the length of the video and throw the audio out of synch?
Old 25th February 2019, 21:40   #678  |  Link
Metal-HTPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Was it your intent to double the length of the video and throw the audio out of synch?
no it's an old US NTSC VHS digitised with an US NTSC videorecorder to US NTSC DVD-R. Therefore the framerate is 29,97 and I want to keep it that way
Old 26th February 2019, 19:49   #679  |  Link
manono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-HTPC View Post
Therefore the framerate is 29,97 and I want to keep it that way
That's all very well and good, but by using QTGMC on it you doubled the framerate and the frame count, keeping it the same length. By following that with your AssumeFPS call you slowed the video by 50% and doubled the running time.

So, I ask again, "Was it your intent to double the length of the video and throw the audio out of synch?" You can't have it both ways. You can't use a bobber (QTGMC) and keep your original 29.97fps. If you're making a DVD of it, you don't need QTGMC at all and you can keep it interlaced. If you insist on it being progressive 29.97fps (why?), you might try:

QTGMC(FPSDivisor=2,Preset="Slow", EZDenoise=1.5)

and then skip the AssumeFPS.

Last edited by manono; 26th February 2019 at 19:52.
Old 4th March 2019, 10:18   #680  |  Link
Metal-HTPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
That's all very well and good, but by using QTGMC on it you doubled the framerate and the frame count, keeping it the same length. By following that with your AssumeFPS call you slowed the video by 50% and doubled the running time.

So, I ask again, "Was it your intent to double the length of the video and throw the audio out of synch?" You can't have it both ways. You can't use a bobber (QTGMC) and keep your original 29.97fps. If you're making a DVD of it, you don't need QTGMC at all and you can keep it interlaced. If you insist on it being progressive 29.97fps (why?), you might try:

QTGMC(FPSDivisor=2,Preset="Slow", EZDenoise=1.5)

and then skip the AssumeFPS.

You are totally right. I encoded the the full video yesterday and it is running in slow motion now. I didn't saw that when I encoded the sample. After that I returned to this thread and just saw your post.

It shure wasn't my intent to double the lenght. So I did something wrong here.

It is a very old extended play NTSC 29,970 VHS which I tried to improve and encode to x264.
I want to keep it 29,970 and also keep it interlaced.

So therefore I should skip QTGMC completley and just stay with my
"Levels" and "TWEAK" command for the image improvement.