Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 13th January 2021, 21:14   #1321  |  Link
ismail0100

I bother you sorry, but language master file change and after I change translate. Here is the latest Turkish language version. You write "remove redundant language tags" so I use latest source and translated file.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o9pc4...2021).xml/file

And three little problem for your XmlContentTranslator.
First for now, open lanuage master file not working.
Second on the first picture you see version info need update.
And latest, second picture you see, may the problem text include ctrl+v, just guess.

I am using CareUEyes so may picture be a little warm.

Last edited by ismail0100; 13th January 2021 at 21:16.
ismail0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2021, 11:28   #1322  |  Link
von Suppé

Hi Nikse,

I noticed your posts @ https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...with-HDR-video
In the new SUP edit function there is the possibility to save the result as BDN xml/png. Considering what has been discussed in the formentioned thread, would it be a good idea - if possible - to implement the opposite possibility too?
I mean in the same way that it works with SUP now, add something like File --> Import (non-OCR) --> "BDN xml/png subtitle file for edit" ? And after the edits, being able to save as SUP?

I think it's really weird that BDSup2Sub's SUP --> xml/png conversion is not lossless and that a filter comes into play when not resizing, but purely extracting SUP images to lossless xml/png as-is. And vice-versa, for that matter.

BTW the brightness tool works nicely. Thanks!
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 17:05   #1323  |  Link
Nikse555

@ismail0100: Thx for the updated translation
EDIT: Xml Content Translator updated a little...

@von Suppé: In latest beta the sup edit can now also open BdnXml files: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip
(also added "Adjust alpha").

Last edited by Nikse555; 15th January 2021 at 20:16.
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2021, 20:43   #1324  |  Link
von Suppé

Great! Gonna check it out

[EDIT] During my first quick and dirty testing the PNG/XML import --> save as SUP, it seems to be working okay.

I did notice something. After importing a xml file with a framerate of 23.976, the "Frame rate" window in the editor screen says 25. This is only the case with SE-created xml files.
For framerate, there's a - small - difference in SE's exported xml script, compared to other ones.

SE uses <FrameRate="23976">

Other xml use <FrameRate="23.976">

After adding the "dot" in your xml-script, framerate is showed properly. But I have a question about that properly shown framerate.
When I save that xml (so, with the framerate properly shown 23.976) as SUP again, can you confirm that this framerate is honoured in the exported SUP?
I ask this because when I open this SUP in another tool, it shows framerate 25 again, instead of 23.976.

Another - minor - thing, concerning SE's xml export: it would be nice to be able to set "language".

Thanks Nikse. This already great non-OCR editing tool has a worthy addition with the XML to SUP conversion.

Thereby, it is more than a relieve to see that during the export from XML to SUP, SE honours the transparent rectangular background of the image and leaves that intact in the resulting SUP. This will keep sequential subtitles "seemed to be written on the same line".
It can be very uneasy to the eye when subtitles are "bobbing" up and down, especially when there is little or no time between them.
This unwanted behaviour is often overlooked and not dealt with properly by other subtitle tools.

Keep up the good work, Nikse!
Will continue testing.

Cheers

Last edited by von Suppé; 16th January 2021 at 10:16.
Old 16th January 2021, 21:57   #1325  |  Link
deusexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
For what you want to achieve use now "Edit/Multiple replace ...".
For this you would need the wildcards option. Maybe in the next versions. Or it would be easier to restore what was "remove ellipses at the beginning of the line" ...
deusexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2021, 22:43   #1326  |  Link
Nikse555

@von Suppé: thx, frame rate stuff hopefully fixed here: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip

@deusexe: I think if you set "Continuation style" to "none", then "Remove leading '...'" will be shown in "Fix common errors".
Old 17th January 2021, 00:12   #1327  |  Link
Atlantis

I have come to situations where there are - for one person talking like this.

-This is a sub-title
example on 2 lines.

So removing - at the beginning of subtitles is necessary. It should not remove - in the middle of the sentence. It should not delete - if there are 2 at the beginning of 2 lines like this:

-How are you?
-I'm good.

Currently I do it by replace which is a pain. Anyway to automate this?
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 11:17   #1328  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I have come to situations where there are - for one person talking like this.

-This is a sub-title
example on 2 lines.

So removing - at the beginning of subtitles is necessary. It should not remove - in the middle of the sentence. It should not delete - if there are 2 at the beginning of 2 lines like this:

-How are you?
-I'm good.

Currently I do it by replace which is a pain. Anyway to automate this?
Try "Fix common errors" with "Remove dialog dashes in single lines" checked.
Old 17th January 2021, 22:32   #1329  |  Link
deusexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
I think if you set "Continuation style" to "none", then "Remove leading '...'" will be shown in "Fix common errors".

Either I don't know which option you are talking about and I am doing something wrong, or it is impossible to restore "remove the ellipsis from the beginning of the sentence" in "Fix common errors"
deusexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2021, 23:19   #1330  |  Link
Atlantis

Thank you. Man I wish I knew that much earlier! I think I have spent hours removing -
and I did read the entries in Fix common errors
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2021, 07:00   #1331  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
frame rate stuff hopefully fixed here: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip
Yep, it works properly. Thanks for the fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Man I wish I knew that much earlier! I think I have spent hours removing...

Quote:
I think if you set "Continuation style" to "none", then "Remove leading '...'" will be shown in "Fix common errors".
Damn, I wish I knew thís earlier. I spent hours of removing leading...
Old 21st January 2021, 02:07   #1332  |  Link
darksen

Updating between betas (I don't exactly remember the date when I installed/updated the 5.1.18 beta) I got this error and also the Text box got bigger so I had to resize it a little:

Code:
An application error occurred in Subtitle Edit 3.5.18.664. 
Please report at https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/issues with the following information:

Error Message:
SplitterDistance debe estar entre Panel1MinSize y Ancho - Panel2MinSize.

Stack Trace:
   en System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
   en Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Forms.Main.Main_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
And now with the latest beta the subtitle preview is much bigger than before without option to change the font size, I'm using mpv option.
darksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 06:26   #1333  |  Link
Janusz

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksen View Post
And now with the latest beta the subtitle preview is much bigger than before without option to change the font size, I'm using mpv option.
You can change it here: Option / Settings / Video engine [Subtitle preview font size]

Last edited by Janusz; 21st January 2021 at 06:31.
Janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 07:40   #1334  |  Link
darksen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
You can change it here: Option / Settings / Video engine [Subtitle preview font size]
I know that, I meant that no changes made in the available options make an impact in the subtitle size anymore. Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. Disabling "mpv handles preview text" makes the sub to go past the screen if I increase the font size:

https://gofile.io/d/UqSSml

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I had to go back to a beta from 13-12-2020.

Last edited by darksen; 21st January 2021 at 08:13.
Old 21st January 2021, 08:51   #1335  |  Link
Janusz

Check [mpv handle preview text], set [Preview subtitle font size] = eg 20, then the subtitles will be displayed in the movie area and will be scaled.
In the extra margin at the bottom, the texts are not scaled, so you need to adjust the font size so that long texts or two lines will fit in the margin area, e.g. 12 as the margin height is fixed.

Last edited by Janusz; 21st January 2021 at 09:06.
Janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2021, 13:29   #1336  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksen View Post
I know that, I meant that no changes made in the available options make an impact in the subtitle size anymore.
Thx for the info - should now use info from video preview in latest beta (695):
EDIT: Note that the font in mpv is scaled, and not fixed as the SE preview, so the preview via mpv font size also depends on the video preview size!
https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip

SE's Blu-ray sup edit (an alternative to BDSup2Sub) will probably look like this in 3.6.0:

Last edited by Nikse555; 23rd January 2021 at 14:04.
Old 14th February 2021, 22:21   #1337  |  Link
darksen

Thank you, just tested latest beta and it is working well again.

There are a couple of thing I want to request or inform as I don't know if one of them is a bug.
I've increased the font of the application because I'm using a 40" display and it is painful for me to force my sight reading the text but because I increased the font size now the time columns don't show the total time, I have to resize them every time I open SE, see:

I got this:

Instead of this:

The text column does preserve its size but the time columns do not.

The other thing is a request, please allow us to reorder the action list in the Batch convert tool, I want to first use "Multiple replace" and then "Fix common errors" and the same with other options but is not possible to reorder them.

Thank you.
Old 18th February 2021, 21:02   #1338  |  Link
von Suppé

New SE is looking good, Nikse.
for your work.
Old 20th February 2021, 09:31   #1339  |  Link
varekai

Thanks for the update Nikse, couldn't do without this one-of-a-kind gem!
Much appreciated!
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2021, 10:44   #1340  |  Link
von Suppé

Hi Nikse

The way of checking the "Forced" flag in the SUP or XML-PNG export window can be rather cumbersome. When one has finished with all text lines, often it's rather a hassle to recall/retrieve what lines were meant to be forced.
When you are actually busy with editing/creating text, would be a better time to know. And act.
Therefor, could you implement a column/box in the text-editor where one can "check forced" the desired lines? In such a way, that during SUP/XML-PNG export, these will be auto-checked as forced?