Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th November 2009, 07:48   #1  |  Link
BillyWilly

Gordian Knot Bitrate

Hey guys,

I've read every help file and guide I could get my hands on for Gordian Knot. I prefer to do the settings myself and do not use Auto GK. I'm having a bit of trouble with the conversion of a DVD I've got. I'm trying to convert it with good enough quality to go through a second conversion on a separate program (long story). But I need it in AVI first. I want to retain most of the original quality from the DVD, so it doesn't degrade further after the second conversion, but I seem to running into a wall with Gordian Knot's bitrate. In the bitrate tab under the Video 100% section, I put for Average Bitrate: 6000, because that is about 1000 kbps less than the DVD's bitrate. I expect a video with about 4-5 gigs on it and that bitrate. Yet, every time the conversion finishes, I have a video with around 716 kbps and is about 1 gig. Under normal backup circumstances, that would be great, but I don't think that's good enough to use as a source file.

Can anyone shed some light on why it's not working for me?

Thanks,

BillyWilly

Last edited by BillyWilly; 27th November 2009 at 08:53.
BillyWilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitrate, gordian, knot, size