Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th August 2014, 20:00   #11  |  Link
macromizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Yes, because a pause of 5 months (two months if you count the pull from June) is in any way comparable to a 5+ year, prolonged development hell. /sarcasm

Think about it for a second: within a time span of 6 months (September 2013-March 2014), there were enough unique commits to AviSynth+ to outpace the entire development cycle of AviSynth 2.6 up to that point, and even a chunk of 2.5's. It's not unreasonable, especially with the volume of different things that were getting done (64-bit support, intrinsics, MT & caching, etc.), to expect some level of burn-out or slow down. And even granted that, the 'level' that avsplus is currently at is not in any way lagging behind 2.6 - which hasn't had any commits since September 2013 when 2.6a5 was released.
If this was towards me, I would definitely agree that the two are not analogous situations and I wasn't meaning to make it seem that. Avisynth+ with what ultim and others have done has been amazing in kickstarting Avisynth activity again and what they have done is pretty awesome. My point is that I just worry that if everyone else ends up dropping out before ultim comes back that it's just going to suffer the same fate as IanB driving Avisynth alone. It's just so easy to burn out if you're a one-man development band.

Last edited by macromizer; 18th August 2014 at 20:02.