Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 1st April 2009, 21:36   #1  |  Link
fberreth

Deinterlacing true interlaced video

Hello,

I want to deinterlace the videos I made with a NTSC video camera. It produces truly interlaced (fields have time shift) video.
I was searching these forums over the years for deinterlacers. The last one I tried which was pretty good was MCBob. I can remember about 1 year ago when I searched the forums that there was another script based deinterlacer in development with really good results, but I can't find the thread anymore!

Can someone please point me to the latest (developed) deinterlacers so that I can try them out?

Thanks in advance,
Frank.
fberreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 22:05   #2  |  Link
Sagekilla
x264aholic

Newest deinterlacer I can think of is TempGaussMC -- Even slower than MCBob but it works pretty well.
Old 2nd April 2009, 06:48   #3  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

I second TempGaussMC. There are a couple of mods floating around, so watch out. You may be able to find a good version on the Avisynth Wiki.
Old 3rd April 2009, 10:27   #4  |  Link
shoopdabloop

What is a good "fast" deinterlacer for NTSC DV camcorder footage? I've been using Yadif, but it leaves some tiny artifacts...

Last edited by Guest; 3rd April 2009 at 14:03. Reason: rule 12: don't ask what's best
shoopdabloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 01:06   #5  |  Link
fberreth

I can't find a thread that talks about TempGaussMC and posts the script or something like that. All I could find is that it is not a real bobber b/c it modifies the original field. This is what I "want" because I go from 60i to 30f.
Was MCBob further developed after v0.3c which is what I tested? I once saw a mention of MCBobMod but couldn't find a script either.

Thanks for your help!
Old 4th April 2009, 01:11   #6  |  Link
fberreth

I found a link to TempGaussMC on http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Extern...#Deinterlacing but it was broken ...
Old 4th April 2009, 07:13   #7  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

YADIFMod with NNEDI handling the interpolation is pretty damned good

Also, you can try TDeint with TMM and NNEDI, but that's pretty damned slow. You might want to try MCBob or some of the "other" high quality deinterlacers that aren't glacially slow like TempGaussMC.

I think most of the "mod" scripts use NNEDI instead of eedi2, or vice versa. Not totally sure

~MiSfit

Tags
deinterlacing