Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 7th February 2014, 18:44   #19141  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
I was just about to mention that. I did a test with NO ENCODING being done. I'm going to do a short 2 min clip of the movie and encode it in BD Rebuilder to see if encoding the video fixes the issue. I want to encode it anyway so if it does than that's OK but if somebody wanted to use the no encoding option to blank files or whatever then they'd get that corrupted output.

I have played the BD Rebuilder output (not encoded) in PowerDVD 12, TMT 5.3, and MPC-HC. Everything that I try playing it back on produces the same exact output. I will do a short test encode of only the movie and report my results in a few minutes.

Also note, that people have reported in the tsMuxeR forum that this issue doesn't happen with all movies using the new tsMuxeR. I personally have never had it happen until now.

Edit: I have just finished my short test encode and sure enough the video is fine IF it gets encoded in BD Rebuilder. If it's NOT encoded then the video is horrible to look at.

BTW, if you want I can PM you with an FTP link of a short video clip of the intro that's ~227 MB for you to test out yourself. It'll include the video and DTS core as I removed everything else to do quick and simple testing as this disc includes PIP, DTS-Express, etc...
Please do. I'll test it.

[Edit] Have you tried the "ForceSEI" option instead? The original is H.264 encoded (not VC-1 or MPEG-2), right?

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th February 2014 at 19:06.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 19:25   #19142  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Yes, video is H.264. I don't know where ForceSEI option is? Is that in BD Rebuilder or tsMuxeR?

Do you mean "Always rebuild SEI and VUI data" in tsMuxer? If so, then yes I tried all settings and the only one that worked was "do not change SEI and VUI data".

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 7th February 2014 at 19:32.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 19:33   #19143  |  Link
jdobbs

That's what you get on the META video line when you choose "Always rebuild SEI and VUI data".
Old 7th February 2014, 20:03   #19144  |  Link
Audiophile1178

PM sent.

As mentioned before I believe it's more of a bug with tsMuxeR than with BD Rebuilder but I still thought that it was worth mentioning since BD Rebuilder now uses tsMuxeR v2.xx.
Old 7th February 2014, 20:13   #19145  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
PM sent.

As mentioned before I believe it's more of a bug with tsMuxeR than with BD Rebuilder but I still thought that it was worth mentioning since BD Rebuilder now uses tsMuxeR v2.xx.
My biggest concert is that your issue hasn't been tested on a standalone. I know you've used more than one software player -- but frankly none of them are a good test of playback.

I'll see what I find from the clip.

[Edit] I can confirm that the output of that clip is a mess... although I'm not sure why yet. I really can't do anything about TSMUXER, but I can certainly change the muxing parameters in BD-RB for intact sources.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th February 2014 at 20:42.
Old 7th February 2014, 20:47   #19146  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
My biggest concern is that your issue hasn't been tested on a standalone. I know you've used more than one software player -- but frankly none of them are a good test of playback.
Fair enough. So I just tested it on my stand alone and here are the results:

Test File (Created using v1.10.6): Plays fine
BD Rebuilder Output (No encode): There's sound but no picture. Worse results than software players.
BD Rebuilder Output (Encoded): Plays fine

Further testing on stand alone using only tsMuxer 2.6.12 output Blu-ray folders:

Do not change SEI: Plays fine
Always rebuild SEI: There's sound but no picture.
Insert SEI if absent: There's sound but no picture.

BD-RE discs sure come in handy!
Old 7th February 2014, 23:57   #19147  |  Link
jdobbs

@slvrsrfr
Quote:
@slvrsrfr

I've ordered "The Wire S1" for testing. It's a good series. When I get it I'll see if I can repeat your issue.
I ran "The Wire" today. It completed with absolutely no problems. As I expected might happen, everything was perfectly in-sync. I would check your system and make sure you don't have anything else installed that is interfering with processing. The most likely candidate is "CODEC Packs".

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th February 2014 at 23:59.
Old 8th February 2014, 03:31   #19148  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
@slvrsrfr

I ran "The Wire" today. It completed with absolutely no problems. As I expected might happen, everything was perfectly in-sync. I would check your system and make sure you don't have anything else installed that is interfering with processing. The most likely candidate is "CODEC Packs".
@jdobbs

Thanks for digging into it so quickly! Sorry for your troubles - i'll pick up the wire for you and any overages...paypal payment on its way!

I'll see what i can find on my machine re: codecs and post back for posterity...
slvrsrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 06:17   #19149  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsrfr View Post
@jdobbs

Thanks for digging into it so quickly! Sorry for your troubles - i'll pick up the wire for you and any overages...paypal payment on its way!

I'll see what i can find on my machine re: codecs and post back for posterity...
You don't need to do that. I've been meaning to get it anyway. I need to go back through and watch the entire series again. Funny, I just saw "Avon Barksdale" on another show tonight.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th February 2014 at 06:25.
Old 8th February 2014, 23:44   #19150  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
You don't need to do that. I've been meaning to get it anyway. I need to go back through and watch the entire series again. Funny, I just saw "Avon Barksdale" on another show tonight.
Yeah, it's a fantastic show - I had a marathon of 4 episodes of season 3 last night...keeping me up too late!

Anyway, these are the codecs that i found on my machine - do any of them look off? Are there any i should definitely remove?
Attached Images

slvrsrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 23:56   #19151  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsrfr View Post
Yeah, it's a fantastic show - I had a marathon of 4 episodes of season 3 last night...keeping me up too late!

Anyway, these are the codecs that i found on my machine - do any of them look off? Are there any i should definitely remove?
I can't really tell, because the offender may not even be listed. Sometimes installed software (players, authoring packages, etc) can intercept or override defaults when they are installed. The problem is that it is rare that they even tell you they are doing so (rude software). Also, some of the "CODEC Packs" that are downloadable tend to do the same types of things... and cause issues like yours.

Often it can be fixed by simply reinstalling BD-RB, AVISYNTH, FFDHOW, and HAALI. But if the offending software is executed again -- you might be right back where you started.
Old 9th February 2014, 10:30   #19152  |  Link
jazzcat

RE version 4611

Want to make sure all the required add-ons versions are the same.

I noticed there is no "inspect" program included in this download like the previous versions.

The readme file in the download package says to use FFdshow 3326 but the first page in this thread says to use 4504.

thx.
jazzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 10:37   #19153  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
RE version 4611

I noticed there is no "inspect" program included in this download like the previous versions.
From the changes.txt:

Quote:
February 3rd, 2014 - v0.46.10
- Removed INSPECT.EXE from the build. The
same functionality is now available from
the BD-RB HELP menu.
- Added FFDSHOW release 4515 to the list of
tested/recommended versions.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 10:39   #19154  |  Link
inge70

Jdobbs recommends that you use the versions linked here. In the meantime he has given but also the version 4515 free in BD, but linked on the first page.
If you are unsure, use the linked version of FDDShow here and you're on the safe side.

if BD is open, you gehtst on Help / Show Settings (Inspect) and see whether all the settings and codecs are ok

Edit: Sharc was faster

Last edited by inge70; 9th February 2014 at 10:41.
inge70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 10:57   #19155  |  Link
jazzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
From the changes.txt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inge70 View Post
Jdobbs recommends that you use the versions linked here. In the meantime he has given but also the version 4515 free in BD, but linked on the first page.
If you are unsure, use the linked version of FDDShow here and you're on the safe side.

if BD is open, you gehtst on Help / Show Settings (Inspect) and see whether all the settings and codecs are ok

Edit: Sharc was faster
That worked great. Thanks guys!
jazzcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 15:27   #19156  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
RE version 4611

Want to make sure all the required add-ons versions are the same.

The readme file in the download package says to use FFdshow 3326 but the first page in this thread says to use 4504.

thx.
I'll edit the readme. I usually run an FFDSHOW package for a month or more before I add it to the list. Both will work fine. Sometimes there may be an outside reason why someone may want to use a later versions, so I try to test them as they come out.
Old 9th February 2014, 23:15   #19157  |  Link
Hajnal

hello

bd rebuilder (standard settings?)

FRIMDecode.exe" -ts -i::mvc "K:\BDMV\STREAM\00098.m2ts" "K:\BDMV\STREAM\00104.m2ts" -o \\.\pipe\bdrb.yuv -sw | "C:\Programok\BD_Rebuilder\tools\FRIMEncode.exe" mvc -i \\.\pipe\bdrb_L.yuv -i \\.\pipe\bdrb_R.yuv -viewoutput -o "D:\TEMP4\WORKFILES\VID_00098.AVS.264" -o "D:\TEMP4\WORKFILES\VID_00098.AVS.mvc" -sw -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -u 2 -cpbsize 3750 -l 6 -profile high -level 4.1 -vbr 31046 45000 -gop 24 4 0 S -maxdpb 4

-u 2 = quality...
-l 6 = slices, 6? no 4?
Hajnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 16:18   #19158  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajnal View Post
hello

bd rebuilder (standard settings?)

FRIMDecode.exe" -ts -i::mvc "K:\BDMV\STREAM\00098.m2ts" "K:\BDMV\STREAM\00104.m2ts" -o \\.\pipe\bdrb.yuv -sw | "C:\Programok\BD_Rebuilder\tools\FRIMEncode.exe" mvc -i \\.\pipe\bdrb_L.yuv -i \\.\pipe\bdrb_R.yuv -viewoutput -o "D:\TEMP4\WORKFILES\VID_00098.AVS.264" -o "D:\TEMP4\WORKFILES\VID_00098.AVS.mvc" -sw -w 1920 -h 1080 -f 23.976 -u 2 -cpbsize 3750 -l 6 -profile high -level 4.1 -vbr 31046 45000 -gop 24 4 0 S -maxdpb 4

-u 2 = quality...
-l 6 = slices, 6? no 4?
The blu-ray standard says for MPEG-4 MVC streams: "shall be encoded...with 6 or more slices per view component". The quality is determined by the BD-RB settings.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th February 2014 at 17:43.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:39   #19159  |  Link
soneca

Jdobbs, how I can convert an interlaced BD restoring full frame rate at 720p?
>>> 1080i to 720p(59.94).
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 17:45   #19160  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneca View Post
Jdobbs, how I can convert an interlaced BD restoring full frame rate at 720p?
>>> 1080i to 720p(59.94).
You would just choose "Resize 1920x1080 to 1280x720" in the SETUP dialog. There is no such thing as interlaced at 720, so it would be converted to progressive -- but you would get the 59.94fps.