Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > DV

Old 26th April 2010, 23:33   #1  |  Link
thorz

Importing DV directly to MPEG2 with scene timestamps?

I have a Sony PC110E miniDV camera. I have always imported my important video in AVI to work with it in Pinnacle Studio 14. When quality is not a concern I import the DV content as MPEG2 with Pinnacle Studio 14.

Studio works great editing in both MPEG and native AVI but I have always wondered how nice it would be to get the timestamp (specially the dates) in the scene view while I am working with a project with sources imported as MPEG2, as it is shown when the sources are imported from DV to AVI.

I guess this is a limitation of the MPEG2 container, but I would love to have access to this info anyway as very often I use the dates of the shooted scenes for making titles and menus.

Is there any way to show the timestamps of this MPEG2 imported scenes inside Studio when working with a project? I don't care if I have to use another program to import the video in MPEG2 as long as I can have access to the full timestamps of the scenes with the dates included as they are available when importing the video as native AVI-DV.

Thank you.
thorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:14   #2  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Yes, there is/was a software or a suite (well, 2 or 3 programs) that let you do this. All of them shareware. I never used them so I have no idea if they are still available (some 2002-2003). Since I hate the "burnt-in" date, I used either a video editor so superimpose the date-time for 1-2 seconds, or as subtitles (I use only DVDs).

http://paul.glagla.free.fr/dvdate_en.htm

Last edited by Ghitulescu; 6th May 2010 at 08:57.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 19:36   #3  |  Link
Terka

there exists application which can make subtitles from timestamp.
but dont remember the name. freeware i think.
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, minidv, mpeg2, studio, timestamps