Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th October 2017, 00:14   #26621  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I've been doing some testing and I noticed something in the new version. I haven't checked older versions yet. If IVTCFLG=[whatever 0's and 1's] is in a project and there aren't any IVTC switches, IVTC_PULLDOWN=1, ...BD-RB does an IVTC anyway when the project file is reopened. When it's deleted from the file, IVTC isn't done.
Old 28th October 2017, 01:21   #26622  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I've been doing some testing and I noticed something in the new version. I haven't checked older versions yet. If IVTCFLG=[whatever 0's and 1's] is in a project and there aren't any IVTC switches, IVTC_PULLDOWN=1, ...BD-RB does an IVTC anyway when the project file is reopened. When it's deleted from the file, IVTC isn't done.
As it should... am I missing something?

BTW -- that isn't meant to be a user-modifiable item.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th October 2017 at 01:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 02:09   #26623  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Oh, okay... I was thinking if there isn't a switch there then perhaps that's a bug. I wasn't meaning to reflect it as user modifiable, merely removed the 0's and 1's...to whatever in the post..not the Project file. Pardon, didn't me to give that impression.
Old 28th October 2017, 13:54   #26624  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Oh, okay... I was thinking if there isn't a switch there then perhaps that's a bug. I wasn't meaning to reflect it as user modifiable, merely removed the 0's and 1's...to whatever in the post..not the Project file. Pardon, didn't me to give that impression.
The IVTC can be set in a transient manner (for example, from the list) and could change (like if you exit and reenter BD-RB). All that setting does is record the state of the IVTC selection for each M2TS at the point in time you added it to the batch list or saved it to a project file.
Old 28th October 2017, 23:49   #26625  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Records the state - right. With it in the Project File (or as the new new INI if edited through BD-RB and the saved), and there aren't any other IVTC switches for BD-RB to notice, it still enabled IVTC. It was once I removed that line that it didn't anymore. IVTC from Setup not active, or any hidden options being used...it still did the IVTC. So, what you mean is with that line there..BD-RB does a logic "It's there...so preform a normal IVTC." Gotcha. I was thinking that should not happen unless it's enabled in Setup or Hidden Opt. You have a built in logic happening I didn't figure into play.
Old 29th October 2017, 15:49   #26626  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Records the state - right. With it in the Project File (or as the new new INI if edited through BD-RB and the saved), and there aren't any other IVTC switches for BD-RB to notice, it still enabled IVTC. It was once I removed that line that it didn't anymore. IVTC from Setup not active, or any hidden options being used...it still did the IVTC. So, what you mean is with that line there..BD-RB does a logic "It's there...so preform a normal IVTC." Gotcha. I was thinking that should not happen unless it's enabled in Setup or Hidden Opt. You have a built in logic happening I didn't figure into play.
As I said -- it isn't meant to be user modified. When you removed it the values for each M2TS that BD-RB needed are no longer there -- so they defaulted to zero. It's kinda like cutting off your toes and then saying "why don't I have any toes?"

This is what I mean by a "self inflicted injury".
Old 30th October 2017, 00:50   #26627  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's kinda like cutting off your toes and then saying "why don't I have any toes?"
Wow... now, I'm gonna hafta write this sucker down!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 16:03   #26628  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Quote:
As I said -- it isn't meant to be user modified. When you removed it the values for each M2TS that BD-RB needed are no longer there -- so they defaulted to zero. It's kinda like cutting off your toes and then saying "why don't I have any toes?"

This is what I mean by a "self inflicted injury".
By the way, this wasn't meant as a slight against you... just a humorous attempt at further explanation.
Old 31st October 2017, 00:10   #26629  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Haha, I appreciate the comment. I wasn't offended (very challenging to do) at all. I thought you'd missed my point that I understood all that and was only making a comment about a possible bug. As Lathe, I appreciate the further humor. I've used that before at times. Pardon if I seemed bothered. That wasn't my intent.
Old 31st October 2017, 08:40   #26630  |  Link
Lathe

... and they all lived happily ever after, together in peaceful harmony, gathering each morning at JD's Tinker shop to drink espresso and tell each other little stories of fancy and imagination...

Well, all except Varekai and gonca... sadly they were a little slow and missed the train...
Old 31st October 2017, 11:37   #26631  |  Link
staina

Thank you that the me was to no answered to questions below:

A little I'm searched and to internet found same version codec X264, but with other size see. link.

http://www.digital-digest.com/softwa...story.html#471

This codec at processing not once no srasch. It is possible codecs version 2665 compare and give here know in what are other and whether it is possible use and me found codec without reduction in quality output videos?

Yet I'm found out that the at option "Use DirectshowSource frame serving" at two pass uses latest version codec X264 (file X264.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding, but at options "Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving" uses older versuses older version codec X264 (file X264L - 64.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding.

Which option is then for quality better?
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 13:09   #26632  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by staina View Post
Thank you that the me was to no answered to questions below:

A little I'm searched and to internet found same version codec X264, but with other size see. link.

This codec at processing not once no srasch. It is possible codecs version 2665 compare and give here know in what are other and whether it is possible use and me found codec without reduction in quality output videos?

Yet I'm found out that the at option "Use DirectshowSource frame serving" at two pass uses latest version codec X264 (file X264.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding, but at options "Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving" uses older versuses older version codec X264 (file X264L - 64.exe) how for frame serving so and for encoding.

Which option is then for quality better?
The quality would be the same. The encoding speed might change. As I've said before, the X264L was added because changes in X264 (last year, I think) showed a noticable slowdown when using internal decoders. So I kept an older version (X264L) to avoid the slowdown. By the way -- clicking on your link results in a "file not found" error.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st October 2017 at 13:11.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:51   #26633  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
... and they all lived happily ever after, together in peaceful harmony, gathering each morning at JD's Tinker shop to drink espresso and tell each other little stories of fancy and imagination...

Well, all except Varekai and gonca... sadly they were a little slow and missed the train...
I don't drink Coffee in any form. I do not enjoy what it does to the mind--and observing people for many(+) years, I'll stay away from it, haha. It also messes too much with meditation and awareness for my liking. I'm glad you didn't suggest kissing. I did sort of expect that, from you. Erm. LOL!
Old 31st October 2017, 23:41   #26634  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
I don't drink Coffee in any form. I do not enjoy what it does to the mind--and observing people for many(+) years, I'll stay away from it, haha. It also messes too much with meditation and awareness for my liking. I'm glad you didn't suggest kissing. I did sort of expect that, from you. Erm. LOL!
I am disappointed with you for saying that about poor Lathe.
You do remember that he has this condition with anal tweaks, whatever that means
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 00:33   #26635  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
You do remember that he has this condition with anal tweaks, whatever that means
Only gonca's troubled mind would come up with some correlation between kissing and anal tweaks...

That ALONE should be reason for concern...
Old 1st November 2017, 05:40   #26636  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Shhh... I don't want Lathe's mind from going into any kind of fetishes like...rim...---never mind. Ick...

Lathe, he has a troubled mind and you're the one that trashes you're "wretched self"?? What a hoot!

Anyway, back to BD-RB.. I'm processing Game of Thrones S1 D1 BD, and so far it's showing an oversize overall progress, but isn't done.

Update: OOps...looks like I left a switch in I shouldn't have. We'll have to retest.

Update 2: Removing the switch didn't make any difference. I'll post soon..in more Detail. Time to enjoy Samhain.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 1st November 2017 at 07:10.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 18:57   #26637  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi jdobbs and hi dear people I have seven 1080p MKVs movies, that I like to pass it to Bluray but the size of this movies is almost 5gb, 8gb, and I was thinking if Bd rebuilder, in some how can create a fully Bluray with maybe simply menus just for playing each movie?

All I want to do is put on one disc all the seven movies or maybe fourth or less, per disc but can I do that? could you tell me how?

Thank you in advance!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 19:34   #26638  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi jdobbs and hi dear people I have seven 1080p MKVs movies, that I like to pass it to Bluray but the size of this movies is almost 5gb, 8gb, and I was thinking if Bd rebuilder, in some how can create a fully Bluray with maybe simply menus just for playing each movie?

All I want to do is put on one disc all the seven movies or maybe fourth or less, per disc but can I do that? could you tell me how?

Thank you in advance!!
1. Put the files into a folder together and name the folder (the name you want for your BD).
2. Use the IMPORT function from the FILE menu.
3. Choose the files you want to import.
4. Edit the popup list to give each the name you want on the menu.
5. Import. This will create a pseudo-BD to use for input.
6. Choose an output size -- and run a full backup.

You will end up with a BD structure that can be burned to a disc that matches your selected output size.

There are other options you can use, such as choosing a background, background sound, fonts, colors, etc.

Last edited by jdobbs; 1st November 2017 at 19:38.
Old 1st November 2017, 19:44   #26639  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
I like to pass it to Bluray but the size of this movies is almost 5gb, 8gb
Is that a total of 8GB, or 5-8GB for each movie? You do know that you can only get about 23.5GB on a disc (unless you use 50GB media), so you can't fit all seven on a disc and keep the original size/bitrate.

The instructions will depend upon you wanting to really keep them on a single 25GB disc, or spread them over two discs.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2017, 20:12   #26640  |  Link
staina

Quote:
The quality would be the same. The encoding speed might change. As I've said before, the X264L was added because changes in X264 (last year, I think) showed a noticable slowdown when using internal decoders. So I kept an older version (X264L) to avoid the slowdown. By the way -- clicking on your link results in a "file not found" error.
Here new link:

staina is offline   Reply With Quote