Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd July 2010, 03:00   #8881  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'd be careful with LTH, though, as lots of players have issues with those.
While that's true, it's also true that lots of players do support this media type yet don't bother to put that in any of their documentation, unfortunately. For example, the Vizio VBR220 that I myself confirmed this on recently and added to the compatibility chart.

A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:02   #8882  |  Link
treeboy

Well, the movie only rebuild worked great. I didn't think there would be any need for BD-J on the Avatar BD because all that's on the disc is the movie or so I thought anyway it's good
treeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 07:58   #8883  |  Link
Vertigo1

Hi all,

Just downloaded and tried this for the first time on a rip of the Pixar Shorts bluray and it died about 5 mins in saying x264.exe had stopped working.

Seen some posts from last year about a version of this causing problems but didn't know how relevant that was these days. Should I try swapping out my x264.exe for a different version? The one I have doesn't seem to have a version but is dated 15/07/2010.

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:06   #8884  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
Hi all,

Just downloaded and tried this for the first time on a rip of the Pixar Shorts bluray and it died about 5 mins in saying x264.exe had stopped working.
Where did it actually crash? It'll say "x264 crashed" even if it crashed in the decoder, which is the problem 99% of the time. That's why you have to check what "module" it actually crashed in before blindly claiming problems in x264.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:13   #8885  |  Link
Vertigo1

Thanks for the reply.

No need to be so defensive - I'm not "blindly claiming problems in x264", merely reporting what I saw which was that it said x264 "had stopped working". It may well be some other area of the software, I don't know

I'll give it another try tonight and post more info - can you let me know exactly what details I should be noting down from the "crash" message?

Cheers.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:21   #8886  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

No need to be so defensive - I'm not "blindly claiming problems in x264", merely reporting what I saw which was that it said x264 "had stopped working". It may well be some other area of the software, I don't know

I'll give it another try tonight and post more info - can you let me know exactly what details I should be noting down from the "crash" message?

Cheers.
Windows lists the "module" it crashed in. For example, if it crashes in libavcodec.dll, that's a decoder.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:31   #8887  |  Link
Vertigo1

Ok thanks, I'll give it a bash later and report back with what it shows.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:15   #8888  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Ok thanks, I'll give it a bash later and report back with what it shows.
If you post your log, or run INSPECT.EXE and post the results, you'll probably find that at least one of your components is incorrect.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:03   #8889  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
It seems like my luck, or lack of, is such that the past several full backups to BD5/9 are discs with PiP. I continue to have the no audio heard issue on any title that has PiP, and with some discs having multiple titles with PiP on the same disc, it can be frustrating. I don't really have any other problems with my Sony S360, nor do want to invest in another player.
My latest test, which I again went with BD5 to burn to DVD+RW for testing, was of True Blood Season 1 disc 1. The 2 episodes both have PiP with DTS Express secondary audio.
I have tried keeping PiP and not keeping PiP, but my results are the same. When I keep PiP, it does not display on my BD5/9 backups too. But either way, no audio for either title.
Do you have these same issues with these type of discs?
I know I am successful with movie only backups, but it seems wasteful to put only 54 minutes or 58 minutes on episode discs like this to one BD5.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:32   #8890  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs;
It seems like my luck, or lack of, is such that the past several full backups to BD5/9 are discs with PiP. I continue to have the no audio heard issue on any title that has PiP, and with some discs having multiple titles with PiP on the same disc, it can be frustrating. I don't really have any other problems with my Sony S360, nor do want to invest in another player.
My latest test, which I again went with BD5 to burn to DVD+RW for testing, was of True Blood Season 1 disc 1. The 2 episodes both have PiP with DTS Express secondary audio.
I have tried keeping PiP and not keeping PiP, but my results are the same. When I keep PiP, it does not display on my BD5/9 backups too. But either way, no audio for either title.
Do you have these same issues with these type of discs?
I know I am successful with movie only backups, but it seems wasteful to put only 54 minutes or 58 minutes on episode discs like this to one BD5.
Yes I do. It only happens with DTS Express PiP and only on the Sony players. I'm confident that at least part of the problem is in the Sony firmware -- because the exact same image works on BD-25. But if I can find a workaround I'll do it. One idea is to put a blank AC3 track to replace the DTS Express and then change the reference in the MPLS. The ideal solution is to actually demux/remux just that track and that's what I'm working on. The problem is that I either have to do the entire mux all myself, or integrate the demuxed audio by inserting it after-the-fact -- the first is an incredible amount of research and time (I'd essentially be rewriting TSMUXER), and the second adds considerable time to the encode process.

To worsen it -- I'm not positive that doing all this will make it work on the Sony on BD-9... I'm just guessing that putting something there for that track will correct it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd July 2010 at 16:42.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:54   #8891  |  Link
wwallace55

Audio Problem on PIP Bluray disks For Sony BDP-S360

Hello Capsbackup. I have the same audio problem (audio not played in the main movie on the Sony BDP-S360) with the same PIP Bluray discs (and more). I found the audio problems in:

The Bourne Trilogy
The Hangover
Observe and Report
Monsters and Aliens
True Blood Season 1
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Batman Begins

Do you have instructions (or links) for using Multiavchd to Demux and reinsert the audio to get it working on a BD5/BD9 disk? Thanks for the help.
wwallace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:09   #8892  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Yes I do. It only happens with DTS Express PiP and only on the Sony players. I'm confident that at least part of the problem is in the Sony firmware -- because the exact same image works on BD-25. But if I can find a workaround I'll do it. One idea is to put a blank AC3 track to replace the DTS Express and then change the reference in the MPLS. The ideal solution is to actually demux/remux just that track and that's what I'm working on. The problem is that I either have to do the entire mux all myself, or integrate the demuxed audio by inserting it after-the-fact -- the first is an incredible amount of research and time (I'd essentially be rewriting TSMUXER), and the second adds considerable time to the encode process.

To worsen it -- I'm not positive that doing all this will make it work on the Sony on BD-9... I'm just guessing that putting something there for that track will correct it.
I guess it is good, , that I am not the only one then having this issue.
I do notice that on these backups, there is usually several main audio tracks, like eng, fra, spa, etc... but even though I only choose to keep the eng track, the audio button on the remote will not work to scroll thru the other tracks like on working correctly backups, even though they only play the eng track. ( I see the on-screen display scroll thru the fra, spa, etc.. track but keep hearing eng only on the working backup. )
Could placing a blank/dummy audio track in the main audio tracks that audio is removed from, forcing a silence to that track when playing back, have any positive effect?
This would be similar to DVD-RB, unless you assign the kept audio track to the other removed ones. I have no problem with silence tracks if it forces the player to work correctly. Besides, I should know if I blank an audio track, therefore should expect silence if I choose another language.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:15   #8893  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwallace55 View Post
Hello Capsbackup. I have the same audio problem (audio not played in the main movie on the Sony BDP-S360) with the same PIP Bluray discs (and more). I found the audio problems in:

The Bourne Trilogy
The Hangover
Observe and Report
Monsters and Aliens
True Blood Season 1
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Batman Begins

Do you have instructions (or links) for using Multiavchd to Demux and reinsert the audio to get it working on a BD5/BD9 disk? Thanks for the help.
Actually, I am not reporting this as a fix/work around, only as what seemed to correct the non-working BD-RB backup. I was hoping it could provide jdobbs with some useful info to allow him to find a fix within BD-RB.
I believe he is close to a fix, so we should all be patient!
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:23   #8894  |  Link
HatchetMan

Quote:
I'll pick that one up and give it a try.
My HTTM played just fine b4 & after the 7min mark, ripped w/ AnyDVD 6674, movie only (unrated, playlist 801) to BD9.
HatchetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:32   #8895  |  Link
wwallace55

Quote:
Actually, I am not reporting this as a fix/work around, only as what seemed to correct the non-working BD-RB backup. I was hoping it could provide jdobbs with some useful info to allow him to find a fix within BD-RB.
I believe he is close to a fix, so we should all be patient!
Thats fine. I only asked because jdobbs might be focused on others issues other than this one.
wwallace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:06   #8896  |  Link
Vertigo1

Ok, here's the detail from the crash dialog:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: x264.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c3f9af5
Fault Module Name: avisynth.DLL
Fault Module Version: 2.5.7.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 45971d82
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000168f0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Looks like AviSynth is at fault then.

Weirdly though, if I try to run INSPECT.EXE, it outputs this:

Quote:
Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
But then crashes with:
Quote:
Run-time error'13':
Type mismatch
Old 24th July 2010, 00:35   #8897  |  Link
jdobbs

That sounds like a bad rip. What did you use to rip it?

You're saying INSPECT is crashing? That's really odd and makes me think something may not be configured properly or there is a registry problem.
Old 24th July 2010, 12:01   #8898  |  Link
colinhunt

jdobbs, a question about the contents of the WORKFILES directory. After a movie-only backup I can see two video files:

00262.m2ts - 22 023 900 KB
VID_00262.AVS.264 - 21 070 721 KB

Am I correct in guessing that the .m2ts is the original video stream and the .264 is the re-encoded one?

Last edited by colinhunt; 24th July 2010 at 12:23.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 13:01   #8899  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
jdobbs, a question about the contents of the WORKFILES directory. After a movie-only backup I can see two video files:

00262.m2ts - 22 023 900 KB
VID_00262.AVS.264 - 21 070 721 KB

Am I correct in guessing that the .m2ts is the original video stream and the .264 is the re-encoded one?
No. The .264 is the reencoded video, and the 00262.m2ts is the same video muxed.
Old 24th July 2010, 13:35   #8900  |  Link
worknstiff

@Capsbackup; WASTEFULL

Quote:
@jdobbs;
It's really not a bug report but I use Clown or TsRemux to cut each episode/audio/subs and then use MultiAvchd to make simple Menu with multiple titles and create Bluray structure and compress ( oop's with/ BD_Rebuilder) to fit on BD-5 or BD-9 disk. I guess yoiu could even put the final result on BD-25 but that seems "wastefull for me", IMO, Lol
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote