Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 28th May 2020, 00:26   #261  |  Link
manolito

@FranceBB

I tried to reproduce your issues using C-Plugins with the latest test build by pinterf. But I couldn't...

What is this error about ScriptEnvironment? I do not understand. I have GrunT.dll in my autoload folder, and it does not interfere with anything. Do you autoload any GScript stuff?

The only C-Plugins I use are the old original YADIF plugin and the ffms2 C-plugin. And both work just fine under this latest pinterf test build. AVS+ autoloads these C-Plugins just fine, and under AVStoDVD (which does not use the VfW interface) both work without any issues.

This is under AVS+ 32-bit, Win7-64 .

Last edited by manolito; 28th May 2020 at 00:36.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 01:40   #262  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Funny, usually it's the XP promoting posts that are not popular.
To be honest, I'm surprised pinterf and qyot27 go through so much trouble keeping XP users happy.
Most of the time it's just certain CMake parameters/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS given when configuring the project, so the only time consumed is what it takes to compile. As long as it's just something like that, I don't feel a compelling reason to drop it.

It's really not a whole lot of energy at all. Oh, copy-paste line 1 instead of line 2. Go fix some coffee.
qyot27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 02:09   #263  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Dear volunteers, please test this version with as much CPP-2.5 plugins as you can (including those which were crashing with 3.6)
Avisynth+ 3.6.1-20200527 test

Files only, *XP-compatible version, 32 bit version runs on SSE
*cannot guarantee until you are reporting that is really works.

Features: a bit (much) more friendly to Avisynth 2.5 style plugins

- AvisynthPluginInit2 passes a separate ScriptEnvironment for CPP2.5 plugins, so Avisynth+ can catch their AddFunction and Invoke methods
- since Avs2.5-ness is registered during plugin loading and AddFunction, calling such plugins from Avisynth+ core can happen in a compatible way without memory leaks.

This results in stopping memory leak (on e.g. "last" clip would not freed up on destroying ScriptEnvironment) resulted in increasing memory consumption when doing consecutive script reloads in VirtualDub or probably in other editors.
Can you make 3.6.1 for megui win 10???
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 02:25   #264  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
@FranceBB

I tried to reproduce your issues using C-Plugins with the latest test build by pinterf. But I couldn't...

What is this error about ScriptEnvironment? I do not understand. I have GrunT.dll in my autoload folder, and it does not interfere with anything. Do you autoload any GScript stuff?

The only C-Plugins I use are the old original YADIF plugin and the ffms2 C-plugin. And both work just fine under this latest pinterf test build. AVS+ autoloads these C-Plugins just fine, and under AVStoDVD (which does not use the VfW interface) both work without any issues.

I have GrunT as well in my auto-load folder, but that's not the problem. The problem is that whenever I call Avisynth with the C interface instead of the VfW interface, it prompts me to an ACCESS VIOLATION.
You see, just like you have Win7 and WinXP and you wanna keep one version of every plugin on both to keep everything in the two machines consistent, I have the very same setup on Win10 and WinXP where I keep everything the same (except for the x64 version which is Win10 only for me), however with Avisynth 3.6.x on XP x86 I can't use programs that call the frameserver using the C interface like AVSPmod, AVSMeter etc.
On Win10 it works like a charm now, though...
So it must be something in the C interface to call Avisynth that makes XP misbehave. Solving your problem in AVS 3.6.1 actually partially solved mine too, 'cause before, with AVS 3.6.0, not even the VfW interface was working, so we made progress. I'm sure Ferenc or qyot27 will come up with a solution.

Last edited by FranceBB; 28th May 2020 at 02:28.
FranceBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 08:39   #265  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
..however with Avisynth 3.6.x on XP x86 I can't use programs that call the frameserver using the C interface like AVSPmod, AVSMeter etc.
AVSMeter uses the C++ API to interface with Avisynth.
Old 28th May 2020, 08:41   #266  |  Link
pinterf

AvsMeter has no C interface.

And unfortunately for me all tools are working properly (Win10 with avs+ 32 or 64 bits), Avspmod, x264 versions, AvsMeter (32 and 64 bits)
But the problem needs to be investigated. Not because of XP support but it can be a hidden bug which later can occur on other systems as well.
No crash occurs without a good reason.
pinterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 08:43   #267  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
Can you make 3.6.1 for megui win 10???
Grab it and use.
XP support means that the DLL was built in an XP friendly way but runs on any OS without limitations.
Old 28th May 2020, 09:18   #268  |  Link
Groucho2004

@FranceBB
You're testing this on a vanilla XP, not the one with modified kernel, right?
Old 28th May 2020, 10:37   #269  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
Unicode support could be improved
As a small step, if you need, you can open scripts from an unicode path, no need for ansi conversion.

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip/b...Server.cpp#L72

Code:
AVSValue args[2] = { utf8file.c_str(), true };
const char* const arg_names[2] = { 0, "utf8" };
env->Invoke("Import", AVSValue(args, 2), arg_names);
Old 28th May 2020, 11:29   #270  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
@FranceBB
You're testing this on a vanilla XP, not the one with modified kernel, right?
Untouched SP3 on my VirtualBox VM where I test.
SP4 with Microsoft Extended Updates 'till July 2019, custom kernel with Win Vista and a bit of 7 backported APIs, unlocked PAE, DirectX 11 on my real PC.
They both behave the same in this case.
As a matter of fact, they've always behaved the same for Avisynth.
The custom kernel did the trick by implementing kernel calls necessary to run things like Audacity, Blender, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and other things.

Last edited by FranceBB; 28th May 2020 at 11:41.
Old 28th May 2020, 11:32   #271  |  Link
tormento
Acid fr0g

Quote:
Grab it and use. XP support means that the DLL was built in an XP friendly way but runs on any OS without limitations.
Any caveat about performance, AVX etc?
Old 28th May 2020, 11:41   #272  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Untouched SP3 on my VirtualBox VM where I test.
OK, just checking.
Old 28th May 2020, 12:02   #273  |  Link
kedautinh12

Quote:
Grab it and use.
XP support means that the DLL was built in an XP friendly way but runs on any OS without limitations.
I replaced 3.5.1 but can't open megui x64, moved back work again
kedautinh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 12:16   #274  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

@tormento:

Quote:
Nothing is disabled. Xp as an os does not support avx and up but that's all

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2020, 12:39   #275  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedautinh12 View Post
I replaced 3.5.1 but can't open megui x64, moved back work again
See Megui section in first post. And the others as well.
Old 28th May 2020, 12:41   #276  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
As a small step, if you need, you can open scripts from an unicode path, no need for ansi conversion.
I saw the discussion with v0lt, made some experiments and thought if I could work around the limitation by creating soft links but gave up the idea. In another country I might have tried changing the system code page to utf8 which is a Win 10 feature, I'm on 1252. There was a post by TheFluff that explained there is some utf8 support in ffms2 and it appeared to work but not with the cachefile parameter, in that old thread I participated without great Unicode experience, it has improved meanwhile and my apps have solid Unicode support but find the topic still rather difficult, but also very interesting and important. I opened an avs Unicode issue in the mpv tracker and wm4 didn't have much good to say about avisynth, some time later I found out why, see here.

Last edited by stax76; 28th May 2020 at 12:47.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2020, 01:15   #277  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
@FranceBB

-------------------------------------------------------
I believe this was a slight misunderstanding...

My tests were under Win7-64, not under WinXP. My XP computer has a single core CPU and only 576 MB of RAM. So using AVS+ with multithreading would not make sense. I tried it with a previous AVS+ version, but soon went back to classic AVS because it was faster.

After your issues I installed the current 3.61 test version under XP, but I could not get it working at all. The version() call returned the correct version, but neither AVStoDVD nor StaxRip were able to load any source files. AVStoDVD could not even detect an installed AviSynth version and gave me a non-fatal warning at startup. No crashes, though.

I never tried AVS+ 3.5.1 on the XP machine, but I suppose that it would work.

//EDIT//
Being curious and not tired yet I just did install the 3.5.1 XP version on my WinXP machine. And just as I suspected this version works fine under XP. Overinstalling the latest test version again broke it completely. So for me this 3.6.1 test version fixes all previous 3.6 issues under Win7, but it sure does not deserve the label "XP version".

Last edited by manolito; 29th May 2020 at 01:52.
Old 29th May 2020, 01:53   #278  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
After your issues I installed the current 3.61 test version under XP, but I could not get it working at all. The version() call returned the correct version, but neither AVStoDVD nor StaxRip were able to load any source files. AVStoDVD could not even detect an installed AviSynth version and gave me a non-fatal warning at startup. No crashes, though.
Exactly. You didn't try virtual dub, though. After your issue with Windows 7, Ferenc released another version and managed to make virtual dub work on XP.

In other words:

3.6.0 - nothing works.
3.6.1 - Programs accessing Avisynth directly don't work, but those who use VfW like virtual dub do.

Quote:
I never tried AVS+ 3.5.1 on the XP machine, but I suppose that it would work.
Yes, 3.5.1 works like a charm.

Thank you for testing it on your system, though, it makes 2 out of 2 so I'm sure it's not related to my configuration.

Last edited by FranceBB; 29th May 2020 at 01:56.
Old 29th May 2020, 02:59   #279  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
3.6.0 - nothing works.
3.6.1 - Programs accessing Avisynth directly don't work, but those who use VfW like virtual dub do.
Right, I did not test VDub, just forgot about it. But I did test StaxRip 1.1.9.0 which also uses the VfW interface. Not good, it was unable to open any source file regardless of the source format. All source filters (DSS2Mod, ffms2, LSmash and DirectShowSource) quit with an error.
Old 29th May 2020, 07:28   #280  |  Link
vcmohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
hi vcmohan
since you about update your plugins, can you make your plugins look for libfftw3f-3.dll first, then fftw3.dll like https://github.com/pinterf/fft3dfilt...ilter.cpp#L711 ?
Certainly. But I do not know what all have changed from avisynth interface version 6 to this new version. Where can I get the avisynth new version header file?
Is there a problem if I look for fftw3.dll first or is there an advantage of looking for libfftw3f-3?

There is some discussion on why MakeWritable was discouraged earlier. Then it was mentioned(if I remember correctly) that for this call avisynth has to anyway create a new frame, copy old frame and change/ set some flags while if its done in plugin by calling newvideoframe and copy using BitBlt its less work.