Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th October 2018, 03:32   #27941  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
All right...obviously, this is what happens when you mix the Parrot drink and hormones treatment.
"I have a right to be a woman. I want to have babies"

"But, you can't..."

"You're oppressing me!"

"No, I'm not... There is no womb... There's no place for the fetus to gestate!"

(any guesses...?)
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2018, 17:53   #27942  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Just thought I'd post an update. I have some more testing to do... but I think I may be very close to completing the UHD-BD module. After a couple of setbacks since my last update (I fixed the sync issue -- and the fix created a video stutter problem) After some testing it looks like I've gotten past all the major issues and am doing some testing to make sure it is consistent. My final tests are related to what bitrate BD-25/50 can actually provide without issues... Look for a new release in a day or two.
Another update. My testing turned up another "stutter" glitch... so I'm working on a fix for that now. I'm hopeful I can put my finger on the cause of that one soon. I'll let you know what I find and when to expect another release.
Old 28th October 2018, 19:50   #27943  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Another update. My testing turned up another "stutter" glitch... so I'm working on a fix for that now. I'm hopeful I can put my finger on the cause of that one soon. I'll let you know what I find and when to expect another release.
Thank you!
Old 28th October 2018, 22:31   #27944  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
"I have a right to be a woman. I want to have babies"

"But, you can't..."

"You're oppressing me!"

"No, I'm not... There is no womb... There's no place for the fetus to gestate!"

(any guesses...?)
Almost seemed like a funky Monty Python sketch.
Old 28th October 2018, 22:48   #27945  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Almost seemed like a funky Monty Python sketch.
DING, DING DING! (and, no, that is not the sound of gonca doing something dubious with himself...)

Yep, very good mate! It is one of the MANY great scenes from the absolutely hilarious film 'LIFE OF BRIAN'
Old 29th October 2018, 01:37   #27946  |  Link
AmigaFuture

The Python really enjoyed busting Catholic controlling goofy methods/hypocrisy. Celeb[R]ate life rather than prime kids for...anyway, yeah. There was a big ta-do about that recently in the news here. Some Catholic stuff was exposed not long ago, and the once were kids were talking about it and a great deal of anger. How the hee-haa does that Religion still exist?!?! Oy...

I hear DING, DING, DING at times and think Dinner. But, what's the prize?!? Huh? I'm all excited now...Mentally!! (Wanna stop any other references you might try to consider.)

Now I should find the Stargate files...
Old 29th October 2018, 01:53   #27947  |  Link
Rich86

Problem: Converting BD to DVD - BDRB release 60.04
Title: "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" - BD from 4K USA release set ripped to hard disc to input to BDRB.
I selected the main title playlist to output to DVD5, choosing the 1st english lossless audio stream, and 2 english subtitles to include.
The program extracted streams to the Workfiles just fine, but when it goes into the reencoding stage it immediately fails (even brought up the Microsoft Windows "do you want to report the failure to Microsoft" box).
I reinstalled 60.02 - it behaves exactly the same way.
I reinstalled 50.25 - it initiates and runs the reencoding process just fine, but fails at the very end with a cannot mux type message (this type problem was previously reported and discussed).
I ran the very same input folders/files into multiAVCHD 4.1 and it created my DVD5 just fine.

Last edited by Rich86; 29th October 2018 at 02:44.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 13:03   #27948  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Title: "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" - BD from 4K USA release set ripped to hard disc to input to BDRB.
I selected the main title playlist to output to DVD5, choosing the 1st english lossless audio stream, and 2 english subtitles to include.
The program extracted streams to the Workfiles just fine, but when it goes into the reencoding stage it immediately fails (even brought up the Microsoft Windows "do you want to report the failure to Microsoft" box).
I reinstalled 60.02 - it behaves exactly the same way.
I reinstalled 50.25 - it initiates and runs the reencoding process just fine, but fails at the very end with a cannot mux type message (this type problem was previously reported and discussed).
I ran the very same input folders/files into multiAVCHD 4.1 and it created my DVD5 just fine.
50.25 had no support for BD-UHD, so that is no surprise. I'll have to look at why DVD output didn't work in the latest versions.

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st October 2018 at 17:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 20:45   #27949  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
50.25 had no support form BD-UHD, so that is no surprise. I'll have to look at why DVD output didn't work in the latest versions.
My post was not clear enough I think . . I was using the 1080P BD disc from my 4K set - not the 4K disc.

I did another test run. I installed 60.04
Title: "Ant-Man and the Wasp" - 1080P BD disc out of my 4K USA release set ripped to hard disc to input to BDRB.
I selected the main title playlist to output to DVD5, choosing the 1st english lossless audio stream, and 1st english subtitles to include.
The program extracted streams to the Workfiles just fine, but when it entered the reencoding stage it immediately failed.
I reinstalled 50.25 - it initiated and ran everything perfectly fine on this title creating the DVD5 with no problems.

Last edited by Rich86; 29th October 2018 at 22:41.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2018, 22:56   #27950  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I'm back to checking the Stargate DVDs and the files I made.

I get this error once in a while when importing MKVs. 87GB free, there isn't anything locking the path or files. Aside from BD-RB. When I exit BD-RB after this, delete IMPORTS, TEMPIMPORT then it'll all import well. I often have to delete them before it'll all go fine.

Hmm.. I didn't consider this until now because I don't have any problems with Directory Opus 11.5 that I've ever encountered. But I'll exit that program and then run BD-RB with a few re-imports and report back..
Attached Images

Old 30th October 2018, 00:15   #27951  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Hmm.. I didn't consider this until now because I don't have any problems with Directory Opus 11.5 that I've ever encountered. But I'll exit that program and then run BD-RB with a few re-imports and report back..
Oops! Apples and oranges. Ya, having another program running that is a desktop file manager could indeed be the issue. What you described has never happened to me, i.e., having to delete the working directories.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2018, 02:27   #27952  |  Link
AmigaFuture

The File most powerful File Manager around didn't do it. I have it exited totally, and I've been importing and importing, and re-importing and then exited a few times, after and then doing it again and just notice the same error. I didn't delete the directories, went back to importing....and I'll check if it happens again. I'm sure it will.

@ MrVideo

It's an all around File Manager, it does a great deal more than only that. :-)
Old 30th October 2018, 02:44   #27953  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
The File most powerful File Manager around didn't do it. I have it exited totally, and I've been importing and importing, and re-importing and then exited a few times, after and then doing it again and just notice the same error. I didn't delete the directories, went back to importing....and I'll check if it happens again. I'm sure it will.
Is it only the Stargate SG-1 DVDs that are giving you trouble?
Old 30th October 2018, 05:39   #27954  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Heh... BD disc.. Is the same as saying, "Go to the ATM machine." Blu-ray Disc Disc; Automatic Teller Machine machine...

@ MrVideo

I shall answer that soon...I have dug into some of my archives to check. I don't do much with DVDs anymore. I'll test soon with my Max Headroom DVDs. As well as some others. Mostly, I found that VideoReDo has a sweet DVD Import, appreciation to you. I had previously only been using it to edit.
Old 30th October 2018, 06:11   #27955  |  Link
AmigaFuture

So far, it seems that...if I delete a directory in IMPORTS *related* to a previous Import then BD-RB does okay. Example, if I import some MKVs from within a directory and I'm testing, checking the Menu in various ways..the error occurs if I DON'T delete the "Name of the Directory" that is used as "The Name of the Disc".

If I let it be a few times (don't delete the directory from IMPORTS before I import some more; replacing the directory and contents), then Bing or a *DING* (Nod to Lathe) happens and a Run-time error as I shared happens. Hmm.. I'm checking this a bit..now..

Edit Update: It was going well for a while, but then...that error happened. Ah, well. Hmm..

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 30th October 2018 at 08:32.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2018, 13:05   #27956  |  Link
MrVideo

What M$ version are you using? I've never had to delete any working directory in IMPORTS. That said, I do tend to rename them to more match the situation, i.e., SEASON 1 to Program_Name-S1-D1. But, when I am testing to see if the font I want is being used, then I do not bother to do any renaming.
Old 31st October 2018, 17:22   #27957  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Heh... BD disc.. Is the same as saying, "Go to the ATM machine." Blu-ray Disc Disc; Automatic Teller Machine machine...

@ MrVideo

I shall answer that soon...I have dug into some of my archives to check. I don't do much with DVDs anymore. I'll test soon with my Max Headroom DVDs. As well as some others. Mostly, I found that VideoReDo has a sweet DVD Import, appreciation to you. I had previously only been using it to edit.
Just FYI. I got the "Role Models" BD last Friday, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I've been busy banging my head against the wall with UHD-BD. I'm going to have company for the next several days... so it may not be until after then that I will actually test them.

Definition of a computer programmer: Someone who bangs his/her head against the wall, only so they can feel the pleasure of relief when they stop.
Old 31st October 2018, 18:22   #27958  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
What M$ version are you using? I've never had to delete any working directory in IMPORTS. That said, I do tend to rename them to more match the situation, i.e., SEASON 1 to Program_Name-S1-D1. But, when I am testing to see if the font I want is being used, then I do not bother to do any renaming.
Not a method I use but I understand. Cool. Windoze 7 Pro 64-Bit. I won't install to 8 or 10 for daily personal use. ;-)

Quote:
Just FYI. I got the "Role Models" BD last Friday, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I've been busy banging my head against the wall with UHD-BD. I'm going to have company for the next several days... so it may not be until after then that I will actually test them.

Definition of a computer programmer: Someone who bangs his/her head against the wall, only so they can feel the pleasure of relief when they stop.
Haaahaaahaaa, yeah, I've heard something like that before from other programmers. I remember hanging with some Amiga programmers also, who did the same. Company!!?? Naah, naahh...that'ssss...not Okay! *Tapping foot..* I expect it to be DONE NOW after all my...dona...

Yeah, not a worry. Enjoy your Samhain or ("Halloween") and have a look then. As I typed before, it's not a big deal, I'm much more curious as to why and I think it'll help make other "problematic" BDs solved. Playlist 00100 in BD-RB is the one in question when you do.
Old 31st October 2018, 18:24   #27959  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
I saw a Youtube video entitled "5 Reasons Not to Be a SW Developer". Number 1 was "It's very hard."
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2018, 18:44   #27960  |  Link
AmigaFuture

If you have a passion for it it can still be challenging. Many love that challenge. Geddy Lee of the extremely well know and influential band Rush calls what he does his favorite headache. :-)