Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 31st August 2009, 17:53   #4901  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
HI!
Thanks for the advice, point taken! But as stated its a bug report, and its not a pirated copy so I dont see the problem. In the future i will wait until the official release date to post any bug i may encounter, I'm sorry for wasting space in this issue.

I'll report back if the problem is still there on September 1st. Again sorry for the confusion!
I've also just had a quick look at Gladiator and it does seem to be fine on the original but bd-rb seems to have problems - as this may be something 'new' I thought I'd supply the information I gathered incase jdobbs can see anything obvious. Basically as soon as you open the directory you get an error (I have copied the error to the top of the log file). I did continue and the encoding process had no issues until the rebuild when it failed trying to integrate the files - the actual m2ts files created are all fine within the WORKFILES directory.

If you can see if this matches your findings it would help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Gladiator.rar (9.9 KB, 20 views)
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 18:50   #4902  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Are they actually blanked? There is a setting to treat field based sources via mkvmerge but if this is not the default then any sources will be blanked.
Dunno m8, they don't show the "blank" image, just black screen.
DaMacFunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 20:02   #4903  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
I've also just had a quick look at Gladiator and it does seem to be fine on the original but bd-rb seems to have problems - as this may be something 'new' I thought I'd supply the information I gathered incase jdobbs can see anything obvious. Basically as soon as you open the directory you get an error (I have copied the error to the top of the log file). I did continue and the encoding process had no issues until the rebuild when it failed trying to integrate the files - the actual m2ts files created are all fine within the WORKFILES directory.

If you can see if this matches your findings it would help.
I honestly didn't want to cause anymore probs in the bug report. I didn't finish the encode as you stated it couldn't rebuild. I'm not sure why I'm getting the error as soon as it loads up the files. I did notice it didn't have an AUXDATA folder and added a blank one myself so it'll play in TMT3 or PowerDVD.

really thats the only thing i can tell other then that they didn't use 2 different M2TS files for regular/Extended cut. It seems all mixed up like a puzzle.

KS
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 20:14   #4904  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
I honestly didn't want to cause anymore probs in the bug report. I didn't finish the encode as you stated it couldn't rebuild. I'm not sure why I'm getting the error as soon as it loads up the files. I did notice it didn't have an AUXDATA folder and added a blank one myself so it'll play in TMT3 or PowerDVD.

really thats the only thing i can tell other then that they didn't use 2 different M2TS files for regular/Extended cut. It seems all mixed up like a puzzle.

KS
The disc is fine and plays fine in TMT3 once ripped to a pc HDD. The way they have done it is that rather than being the 'director's cut' this is the theatrical and extended versions - therefore there are just extra scenes put into the theatrical version. Rather than waste space (and theoretically quality) they have broken the original and extended scenes into individual m2ts files and then the playlist just picks up the required files so that you don't have any duplication. The encode that bd-rb did seems fine and the relevant m2ts files are redone and in the WORKFILES directory along with their clpi files.

It suprising as this has been done in conjunction with a new cinema release which is digitally remastered that the quality is perhaps not the best.

All I was asking was for you to confirm the same error codes as I have listed - once the attached file is approved.
Old 31st August 2009, 20:29   #4905  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
The disc is fine and plays fine in TMT3 once ripped to a pc HDD. The way they have done it is that rather than being the 'director's cut' this is the theatrical and extended versions - therefore there are just extra scenes put into the theatrical version. Rather than waste space (and theoretically quality) they have broken the original and extended scenes into individual m2ts files and then the playlist just picks up the required files so that you don't have any duplication. The encode that bd-rb did seems fine and the relevant m2ts files are redone and in the WORKFILES directory along with their clpi files.

It suprising as this has been done in conjunction with a new cinema release which is digitally remastered that the quality is perhaps not the best.

All I was asking was for you to confirm the same error codes as I have listed - once the attached file is approved.
Yeah for sure! i dont mind at all. Sorry about that, little misunderstanding :P
Old 31st August 2009, 22:57   #4906  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:

There's nothing "new" going on, most "Director's Cut" discs use the method of having multiple m2ts with 1 playlist referencing extra scenes.

Director's Cut = Extended Cut in 95% of cases. Sure there are some lazy discs with 2 seperate versions but that's the exception.

Last edited by Furiousflea; 31st August 2009 at 23:00.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 23:24   #4907  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiousflea View Post
There's nothing "new" going on, most "Director's Cut" discs use the method of having multiple m2ts with 1 playlist referencing extra scenes.

Director's Cut = Extended Cut in 95% of cases. Sure there are some lazy discs with 2 seperate versions but that's the exception.
The 'new' thing going on is that it causes a bug in bd-rb when it tries to scan the directory - this has been identified by at least two different sources - not the breakdown of the m2ts files which I was explaining for Kakashi Sensei's benefit. Please read the original post rather than jumping in half way on the wrong thing.

Last edited by drmih; 31st August 2009 at 23:27.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:49   #4908  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:

LOL cool thats good to know, i guess its just "new" to me. All the other disc's I have were done that way, Coraline for 3d (i guess it had to be done that way) Golden Compass. Trust me i prefer the multiple nultiple M2TS way as it saves space for better video. I always wondered why they would do 2 of the same movie on one disc, guess it is lazy.

I'm new to BD Authoring but i'm not that new
Old 1st September 2009, 00:19   #4909  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Hi.

Win7 is really a pain in the ***. In MPC the WMVideo DMO Filter for m2ts with VC1 is loaded normally. Also Haali is loaded.

But not for AVS. There Haali is loaded but the script times out (if opened via x264 or MPC).

I tried alot of things suggested here or on other sites (I have not yet tried with other filters than WMVideo DMO, since it works with MPC)

If you could NOT overwrite the AVS file when an encode is started, when it already exists, we could prepare our own AVS scripts (for example with a working graph file).

Thx and best regards
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 00:51   #4910  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
The 'new' thing going on is that it causes a bug in bd-rb when it tries to scan the directory - this has been identified by at least two different sources - not the breakdown of the m2ts files which I was explaining for Kakashi Sensei's benefit. Please read the original post rather than jumping in half way on the wrong thing.
Think you'll find I was the 1st person to report the problem with Gladiator last week

The breakdown of the m2ts files is likely not the problem since BDRB has backed up similar discs with no problem in the past (King Kong for example uses this method). The problem most likely is an unintentional authoring error, the disc as a whole feels very badly made with "AUXDATA" folder missing etc.

edit - looks like your saying the same thing...sorry about that...there's me jumping the gun again.
Old 1st September 2009, 00:54   #4911  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkoch_ico View Post
Hi.

Win7 is really a pain in the ***. In MPC the WMVideo DMO Filter for m2ts with VC1 is loaded normally. Also Haali is loaded.

But not for AVS. There Haali is loaded but the script times out (if opened via x264 or MPC).

I tried alot of things suggested here or on other sites (I have not yet tried with other filters than WMVideo DMO, since it works with MPC)

If you could NOT overwrite the AVS file when an encode is started, when it already exists, we could prepare our own AVS scripts (for example with a working graph file).

Thx and best regards
Not supported yet
Old 1st September 2009, 04:16   #4912  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Think you'll find I was the 1st person to report the problem with Gladiator last week

The breakdown of the m2ts files is likely not the problem since BDRB has backed up similar discs with no problem in the past (King Kong for example uses this method). The problem most likely is an unintentional authoring error, the disc as a whole feels very badly made with "AUXDATA" folder missing etc.

edit - looks like your saying the same thing...sorry about that...there's me jumping the gun again.
Not meaning to go off topic but the funny thing is these are supposed to be "sapphire edition" releases from Paramount which they are boasting to have extra care taken to create the Blurays and have superior video quality, I think they missteped with this one. I'm dreading to see what they do with Braveheart and Forrest Gump
Old 1st September 2009, 04:31   #4913  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Hi.

Thx and best regards
If you use Windows 7, you probably use a dual boot system of some sort. Just put BD Rebuilder on your other system and wait for Win 7 to be supported after its official release.

It doesn't make alot of sense reporting problem with an OS that isn't supported at the moment and pre or post processing just eliminates any potential for jdobbs to even consider advising on the subject. It has absolutely nothing to do with bugs in BD Rebuilder... you're just out there on your own for now.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 07:51   #4914  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
It doesn't make alot of sense reporting problem with an OS that isn't supported at the moment
...and hasn't even been released yet! JDobbs should probably put a note in the first post listing the supported OS's. In bold. In the first paragraph. And even then some people will still ignore it, I guess.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 08:37   #4915  |  Link
Chefkoch_ico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
...and hasn't even been released yet! JDobbs should probably put a note in the first post listing the supported OS's. In bold. In the first paragraph. And even then some people will still ignore it, I guess.
I know Win7 is not supported yet. Anyway its not a BD-RB problem, its in DirectShow. Thats why I decided to post it here and point out a way how an experienced user could make it work.

BD-RB itself works fine with Win7.

If you want to know, I have a MSDN account and I was able to get the final Version from there.

Its basically its the only problem I ran into when using this OS, so if jdobbs decides to support this OS somewhen its good to know, where the problems are.

Bye
Chefkoch_ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 08:58   #4916  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
If you want to know, I have a MSDN account and I was able to get the final Version from there.
You're missing the point. Most people are using public betas or realease candidates of W7.

There are plenty of API changes in W7 which a developer has to consider. The fact that BD-RB works for you on W7 doesn't mean that it will behave the same way in all situations and configurations as it would on XP.

However, I suppose it would be helpful for jdobbs if someone who is actually running the RTM build of W7 reported problems with BD-RB for future reference.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 09:09   #4917  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
You're missing the point. Most people are using public betas or realease candidates of W7.

There are plenty of API changes in W7 which a developer has to consider. The fact that BD-RB works for you on W7 doesn't mean that it will behave the same way in all situations and configurations as it would on XP.

However, I suppose it would be helpful for jdobbs if someone who is actually running the RTM build of W7 reported problems with BD-RB for future reference.
Yep pretty much. I've been using the RTM for the past month with the usual problem of Windows 7 insisting on using it's own h264 decoder along with VC1 decoding not working because it's not supported outside of media player. With the known registry edit there are no problems at all using Windows 7 - But that's up to the user to sort out, like you say.

There really aren't any changes in Windows 7 that cause any serious issues that aren't resolvable with some pretty basic meddling that is fully documented.

Although I'm with you in that this isn't jdobbs problem and really wish the ignorant (no offense) would at least do a bit of googleing to sort out the issue themselves. It's just plain annoying, it just appears lazy really.
Old 1st September 2009, 21:53   #4918  |  Link
Imperial Zeppelin

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 "At World's End"

BD-RB has locked up 3X on this in the same spot. I used AnyDVD HD to rip to disc. I tried 2X with new rips from one disc and then got another disc and ripped that. All locked up at the same point.

I have been successful backing up multiple BD-25s including the 1st 2 Pirate BDs as well as BD-5s with this setup so it's not hardware/drivers/software.

Anyone got any ideas?

Here's the log:

[05:03:00] BD Rebuilder v0.28.03 (beta)
- Source: PIRATES3
- Input BD size: 41.93 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:05:16.980]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
[05:03:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [05:03:05] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [05:15:38] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 14)
- [14:07:30] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00002]
- [14:07:31] Reencoding: VID_00002 (2 of 14)
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[14:07:33] - Failed video encode, aborted

Here's the INF file:
[Status]
LABEL=PIRATES3
VERSION=v0.28.03 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=45025676366
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=44407148544
TARGET_SIZE=24117248000
REDUCTION=.529165257136849
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;
BACKUP_MODE=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=2
COMPLETED=1
[00001]
AUDIO=1100
PGS=10000
M2TS_TARGET=21956407025
RATE=7910
NSIZE=20763838464
FLINK=0
MLINK=0
[00002]
AUDIO=
PGS=
M2TS_TARGET=19507
RATE=500
Windows 7 64-bit
3.5 Terabytes Mass Storage
2 BD Burners, 2 DVD burners
Lots of other "Stuff"

Last edited by Imperial Zeppelin; 1st September 2009 at 23:44.
Imperial Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:12   #4919  |  Link
GaPony

Beta v.23.04 is the current version. You might try using that.

I copied all the POTC movies back in January or February (Movie Only to BD9), so it must be a setting someplace.

Did you happen to try restarting the process (resume)?
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 00:37   #4920  |  Link
Furiousflea

More than likely just a case of the m2ts being too small to be encoded properly...look through changes.txt for how to set the minimum m2ts size to encode.

I've done all 3 POTC films on BD25 with no issues.