Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th June 2020, 18:30   #29481  |  Link
vanille

Hello. Thank you so much for replying to me.
I recorded TV shows and then cut commercials on TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV91913 View Post
When you say the source is a BD that you recorded, exactly how was it recorded? The errors could be from a corrupt source.
vanille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 19:17   #29482  |  Link
CV91913

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanille View Post
I recorded TV shows and then cut commercials on TMPGEnc Authoring Works.
It could be an issue with the source file. I have used TAW a lot. If you are importing an edited mp4 into BDRB with output to BD structure, why don't you just use TAW to do that. It will make BDs.
CV91913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 22:35   #29483  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Hello again.
could anybody give me advice please?
Is there enough hard drive space available? It passes the rendering process and aborted during the multiplexing. Seems storage related...?
Old 21st June 2020, 02:54   #29484  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
AFAIK, The History Channel is 720p. The only way you are going to get 1080p23.976 is via other means.
Quote:
I'll add that to BD-RB's AVS Filter and check between CRF, ABR, and 2-pass combinations. Below is the result of putting that into AVS Filter.
Reset any BDRB options that would try IVTC. Don't want conflicting IVTC operations.

I use the same decoder when I do my own recoding with IVTC. With BDRB saying that IVTC is in effect is telling me that you have a flag set for trying to do that. BDRB shouldn't detect that IVTC is in effect when using a personal AVS script. What is wrong in the 5th chapter?

Not used by anything. Pretty much all of the 1080i video that I decoded had that indication, even though it was 2:3 pulldown video.

It would probably help if I had a sample of what you have to look at.
Maybe you'll do better with it than I have? Luck isn't any kind of truth, so I won't use any references towards that.

Update: My System has become slow as I've done many tests with BD-RB with this file and some others that didn't Import well. Where Sync was lost after the 2nd "chapter" which is where commercials were cut from. By slow, which I've not encountered before, I mean..slow responses to Shut down, or Icon clicks. Even Right click on Quick Launch to get the menu for Task Manager. Without so many tests with BD-RB (TsMuxeR) my System is pretty quick in response. Which means a memory leak somewhere in the Processing of video.

Yesterday I thought it odd, late night when I noticed it at first.

Other than that, anything from you about the video, results?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 21st June 2020 at 03:11.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 17:15   #29485  |  Link
jdobbs

Does anyone here know how or if you can do 2 pass encoding with NVENCC? I've looked at it and FFMPEG, and I like it better (more control and faster). But I can't seem to see a way to do 2 pass encoding with it.

[Added] By the way -- I am really impressed with the speed and quality of the NVIDIA GTX-1660's encoding. All I can say is "Wow".

[Added] Never mind. I did some reading and realize now that true 2 pass isn't an option in NVENC. It has it's own "2-pass" methodology that uses a lookahead scheme.

Last edited by jdobbs; 21st June 2020 at 18:08.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 17:23   #29486  |  Link
vanille

Hello. Thank you so much for replying to me again.
Yes. I can make BDs with only TMPGEnc Authoring Works.
But when the video is fully rendered, it's not smooth.
Of course, it's not always jerky, it depends on player.
I'd like to make BDs which I can watch on any player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV91913 View Post
It could be an issue with the source file. I have used TAW a lot. If you are importing an edited mp4 into BDRB with output to BD structure, why don't you just use TAW to do that. It will make BDs.
Old 21st June 2020, 17:32   #29487  |  Link
vanille

I think there's enough space, almost 400GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Is there enough hard drive space available? It passes the rendering process and aborted during the multiplexing. Seems storage related...?

Last edited by vanille; 21st June 2020 at 17:36.
Old 21st June 2020, 17:51   #29488  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Hello. Thank you so much for replying to me again.
Yes. I can make BDs with only TMPGEnc Authoring Works.
But when the video is fully rendered, it's not smooth.
Of course, it's not always jerky, it depends on player.
I'd like to make BDs which I can watch on any player.
I had that problem when I checked the demo. It doesn't IVTC, or use a method BD-RB uses, nor HandBrake. It leaves "ghost" affects, and isn't smooth in motion video.

Quote:
I think there's enough space, almost 400GB.
You didn't include storage space free, so I wondered.
Old 21st June 2020, 18:26   #29489  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Does anyone here know how or if you can do 2 pass encoding with NVENCC? I've looked at it and FFMPEG, and I like it better (more control and faster). But I can't seem to see a way to do 2 pass encoding with it.

[Added] By the way -- I am really impressed with the speed and quality of the NVIDIA GTX-1660's encoding. All I can say is "Wow".

[Added] Never mind. I did some reading and realize now that true 2 pass isn't an option in NVENC. It has it's own "2-pass" methodology that uses a lookahead scheme.
found this

You can do 2-pass in a few popular encoding programs, but the .stats file that is created is blank. The only way I've found to actually get a true 2-Pass is to run the first pass on the CPU, save the stats file and then use that during a second pass using NVENC which is a cumbersome process. Every other way I've encountered is no different than a 1-pass encode.

mayby have the option of first pass cpu, or both passes gpu, even with first pass cpu i guess the total time verses all cpu will be less

Last edited by Mike-uk; 21st June 2020 at 18:52.
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 18:40   #29490  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post

You may also want to try both its constant quantizer and its constant quality mode (both 1-pass)

Edit:
ooops - these modes may apply for AVC only. Don't know if similar exist for HEVC.

Last edited by Sharc; 21st June 2020 at 19:34.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 20:53   #29491  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Other than that, anything from you about the video, results?
The main thing I wanted to look at was the pulldown cadence. Was it 3-2? Well it isn't and is at the same time. The problem is that many times when it is supposed to have a three frame count, it is only two. It'll be 3-2-2. Then a few 3-2 sequences before doing another 3-2-2.

I'm now going to see if it will do a nice IVTC via the way I normally do it, i.e., using x264 to recode with AVIsynth tools to do the IVTC work.

Last edited by MrVideo; 21st June 2020 at 21:01.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2020, 01:23   #29492  |  Link
MrVideo

Well, you are not going to like the results I achieved. The IVTC recode came out great. No audio issues either. The video was smooth. That means that IVTC can be accomplished. How to get BDRB to accomplish it is another story.

My steps were to use VideoReDo to separate the audio and video. x264 was used to recode the video, fed the video stream via AVISynth tools that did the IVTC. mkvmerge was then used to put the new video and audio back together,
Old 22nd June 2020, 02:05   #29493  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Why would I not like that? I'm cool with separating the streams with my VideoReDo. You've left away what tools you used to do the IVTC.
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:37   #29494  |  Link
MrVideo

The tool is a Zshell and doit script that I run under cygwin. They won't do you any good if you do not use cygwin, i.e. Linux for M$.
Old 23rd June 2020, 05:44   #29495  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I completely spaced the abilities of MeGUI. It's doing a great job of reencoding the 720p 59.94 to 23.976 (zero frames left, and totally smooth playback and IN sync). Once I found that Analysis has some memory leaks, and made a copy of the AVS script I've been able to paste it..and use it skipping the Analysis..and zero memory problems (I thought using TIVTC.dll was the problem?). Which was causing my system to become very slow (Full RAM).

On another note, I'm attempting to use the script (MeGUI), though slightly modified, for BD-RB..and so far, it's not going well for final product BUT...is now rendering every time). For now, though, I'm able to finish my encodes of these episodes with the help of MKMERGE GUI..and should be able to make a sweet BD with BD-RB. Aaahhhh... Haha. I appreciate the look-see, MrVideo. That Cygwin looks interesting. I'll look into this more with BD-RB..perhaps a bug..still and not only with TsMuxeR?
Old 23rd June 2020, 11:23   #29496  |  Link
MrVideo

Great that you got things going. Keep in mind that cygwin is mainly command line.
Old 24th June 2020, 09:12   #29497  |  Link
cartman0208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Anyway, sorry to go on... So, I went to the first post on this thread to DL all the versions of Avisynth and stuff we need to do, and WTF! The Avisynth links, both of them do not work now...??? I suppose I can just find the Avisynth site, etc., but I thought that was kind of weird. Did some monumental changes occur here since I was gone...? Like...
Sorry, the last Apache update made the webserver case sensitive (again ) ... Since the link points to Avisynth_260.exe but the file is named AviSynth_260.exe you got a 404

I just renamed the file, link should be working now.
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2020, 10:16   #29498  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman0208 View Post
Sorry, the last Apache update made the webserver case sensitive (again )
1: Updating the apache code is not supposed to change any local configuration files. Never has for me.
2: So, just fix the config file and restart apache.
Old 24th June 2020, 11:38   #29499  |  Link
cartman0208

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
1: Updating the apache code is not supposed to change any local configuration files. Never has for me.
2: So, just fix the config file and restart apache.
Well ... the server is a NAS appliance ... Apache is an app on it ... I DID change the config file, but the update of the app resets it to default
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2020, 17:00   #29500  |  Link
MrVideo

That sucks. That would mean keeping a copy and putting it back after an update.