Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18th January 2016, 22:02   #35501  |  Link
pankov

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Can you send me a sample of that 720p50 3D video (for later)? Ideally the first 100MB of the movie SSIF file, plus the matching clip and playlist file(s) would be great.
Actually the video is 720p60 3D. Do you still need it? If you do can you or somebody else tell me how I can find the movie SSIF and m2ts files and their matching clip and playlist files? Right now I either play the full disc in PowerDVD or simply open the index.bdmv file in ZoomPlayer which actually plays one of the .mpls playlists but I don't know which are the corresponding m2ts and SSIF files.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 22:17   #35502  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

STREAM\SSIF\biggest.ssif

You can find the matching clip and playlist files with eac3to. If you're not sure which is which, simply copy all clip and playlist files. Zipped up they're just some KBs.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 22:21   #35503  |  Link
jmone

Spoke to soon on the 2nd Issue - here is a log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20-%20log3.zip that should show playback in D3D9 no D3D11 (3D) mode with some seeks where post seek you see a bit of SBS then it goes into a std 2D image.

I think this is also related to my observation of "If move or right click the mouse to go into madVR settings and more often I get a visual effect like when leaving "Exclusive" mode" is actually it falling out of 3D to 2D

Also - I did my testing with JRiver's display rate changer off.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 22:22   #35504  |  Link
Sunset1982

Quote:
Other than missing 10bit support.
thats the point. If got a 10bit Oled display, so 10bit support would be nice.

Quote:
Or you disable the OS & NVidia 3D checkbox. Instead activate all the checkboxes in the madVR 3D settings page, so madVR can activate the 3D OS mode only exactly when playing 3D movies. Or does that not work for you?
i'll check that...
Old 18th January 2016, 22:46   #35505  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089 View Post
NNEDI3. I use NNEDI3 64 for upscaling while i watch 1080p but if i watch 4k on a 4k tv the rendering time is to high
You must have more options than Bilinear if you are using NNEDI3 64 for 1080p -> 2160p upscaling. I would start at Bicubic and work my way up.

Also, use ordered dithering in place of error diffusion. And turn off debanding if the source is 10-bit uncompressed. You must be using processing resources on other settings that aren't needed for 10-bit 4K videos.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 01:13   #35506  |  Link
DD51

I can't get 3D to work with MPC-HC latest and MADVR...is it because I'm using Windows 7?
DD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 03:17   #35507  |  Link
flashmozzg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD51 View Post
I can't get 3D to work with MPC-HC latest and MADVR...is it because I'm using Windows 7?
It's win8.1+
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 03:19   #35508  |  Link
RyuzakiL

AMD Crimson + Latest MadVR

Does AMD Crimson now works properly with MadVR?

I'm still using the last AMD CCC (15.11.1) with the Latest MadVR, and everything still works properly.
RyuzakiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 03:55   #35509  |  Link
evil-doer

Im having a very different problem than everyone else. Since .90, madvr has been crashing my display driver, often non recoverable. Where I need to hit the reset button because my monitor turns off.

Im not sure exactly what settings do this, it seems to be many, but also it seems to be random. Just when I think ive got every feature turned off that does it, another video I run crashes.

When I start one of these videos I see no picture, the sound starts playing, then a line or two of pixels in the middle of my monitor blinks as everything freezes. Then the monitor turns off. A few times the driver has recovered, but mostly its unrecoverable, needing a reset.

Im not even using the 3d feature, that is turned off.

My card is a 290x running latest driver. OS is Windows 10 x64. Player is PotPlayer. Only non native codec Im using is madvr.

I dont have madvr set to change any resolution or anything like that either, and the player starts videos in a window, not fullscreen too. Been using madvr for years and never had a problem until now.
evil-doer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 04:06   #35510  |  Link
SamuriHL

I've got build 63 of Lav (today's nightly) and 0.90.3 of madvr.

Things are awesome in MPC-HC. Stuff is working great and looks great. What I thought was an eye swapped problem before turns out to just be me being an idiot so that's all good. (Checked on 2 movies and both are correct. obviously more testing needed)

JRiver MC21 is a bit of a different, albeit weird, story. When I play my 3D mkv's in MC21, they're 2D. Until, that is, I move the mouse and bring up the OSD for the player. Then it pops everything into 3D properly until the OSD hides, then back to 2D. WTF? LOL I won't have time to mess with it again til this weekend but I thought that was rather peculiar.
Old 19th January 2016, 04:39   #35511  |  Link
sheppaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-doer View Post
Im having a very different problem than everyone else. Since .90, madvr has been crashing my display driver, often non recoverable. Where I need to hit the reset button because my monitor turns off.

Im not sure exactly what settings do this, it seems to be many, but also it seems to be random. Just when I think ive got every feature turned off that does it, another video I run crashes.

When I start one of these videos I see no picture, the sound starts playing, then a line or two of pixels in the middle of my monitor blinks as everything freezes. Then the monitor turns off. A few times the driver has recovered, but mostly its unrecoverable, needing a reset.

Im not even using the 3d feature, that is turned off.

My card is a 290x running latest driver. OS is Windows 10 x64. Player is PotPlayer. Only non native codec Im using is madvr.

I dont have madvr set to change any resolution or anything like that either, and the player starts videos in a window, not fullscreen too. Been using madvr for years and never had a problem until now.
Did you try the latest beta version?
http://117.52.4.235/beta/PotPlayerSetup.exe
sheppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 06:38   #35512  |  Link
bbsc

Quote:
Ouch. Well, I guess we could try fixing this with a debug log. I can't promise anything, though. If the decoder is broken in some way, I don't really want to change my code dramatically to make it work, because that could introduce new issues with other decoders. But maybe we're lucky and a small change can help.
I understand.
Thank you for the effort.
If I can help in any way (logs, testing, etc.) just let me know.
bbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 06:49   #35513  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Yes, if it works it's pretty great. It's just that sometimes it fails. But well, I'm not sure how often that is...
Can you link content where it "fails", also is it real world content?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 07:35   #35514  |  Link
Warner306

Can someone tell me how HDR content mapping works when display calibration controls are disabled. What color gamut and gamma does madVR map to?
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 08:58   #35515  |  Link
huhn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuzakiL View Post

I'm still using the last AMD CCC (15.11.1) with the Latest MadVR, and everything still works properly.
16.1 is still using a terrible bob deinterlancer.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 10:19   #35516  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuzakiL View Post

Crimson works fine with MadVR AFAIK. If you want 3D on AMD with MadVR+LAV, it's the only option as there is a bug in Catalyst which prevents proper 3D depth when there is motion in the shot.

The only problem with Crimson is when/if you want to have at the same time MadVR and other software like PowerDVD. Unlike with Catalyst, there is no option in Crimson to select the dynamic range independently from the pixel format which leads to issues (even using 3rd party utilities like RadeonMod).

Plus Crimson clips whites above 230 in 3D with PowerDVD (not with MadVR as far as I could see, but I haven't checked that specifically).
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 10:23   #35517  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
You could use a custom output format to 16-230 as a workaround. That should solve the clipping problem, but you'll lose a tiny bit of peak brightness.
Thanks but the issue isn't with MadVR (although I didn't check for this in 3D), it's with PowerDVD that Crimson clips above 230 in 3D, so the MadVR levels won't have any effects on that. I'll revisit when MadVR+LAV support BDMV+SSIF for 3D as I don't have the time at the moment to re-rip my 3D collection to mk3d.

Also custom levels in MadVR don't solve the issue with Crimson being unable to specify a dynamic range different from the one set by the pixel format, which also causes issues with non MadVR software (unless you're ready to use RGB Limited, which isn't ideal for MadVR). Hopefully other people will complain to AMD (I do every time a new version of Crimson is released) and they'll bring that back.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 11:25   #35518  |  Link
RyuzakiL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Crimson works fine with MadVR AFAIK. If you want 3D on AMD with MadVR+LAV, it's the only option as there is a bug in Catalyst which prevents proper 3D depth when there is motion in the shot.

The only problem with Crimson is when/if you want to have at the same time MadVR and other software like PowerDVD. Unlike with Catalyst, there is no option in Crimson to select the dynamic range independently from the pixel format which leads to issues (even using 3rd party utilities like RadeonMod).

Plus Crimson clips whites above 230 in 3D with PowerDVD (not with MadVR as far as I could see, but I haven't checked that specifically).

hm.. I don't have an 3D HDTV neither other software (I only recognize MPC+MadVR as my Movie Player ) plus I only watch Progressive Content Movies so I don't need any kind of deinterlacing.

Hm.. seems it's logical to use Crimson now
RyuzakiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:04   #35519  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
JRiver MC21 is a bit of a different, albeit weird, story. When I play my 3D mkv's in MC21, they're 2D. Until, that is, I move the mouse and bring up the OSD for the player. Then it pops everything into 3D properly until the OSD hides, then back to 2D. WTF? LOL I won't have time to mess with it again til this weekend but I thought that was rather peculiar.
As posted on the JRiver forum, I have the opposite.
- 3D is fine without any OSD present, and also when using the the Theater View OSD at the bottom that appears when using the RC keys, but
- Drops to 2D when accessing the the Std View menu at the top when you move the mouse have hover around the top. As soon as it appears then it immediately goes to 2D but with the madVR saying it is still in 3D. It does not recover when this OSD disappears. 100% Reproducible for me.

Thanks
Nathan
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:08   #35520  |  Link
MSL_DK

I get an error in the upper left corner that says something like: Could not read display mode. It only happens if I disable FSE. AMD control panel crashes and windows behave very strangely and I will have to restart.

Windows 10 x64
MPC-HC x86 latest
madVR x86 latest
AMD R9 270 with latest driver
Display 1920x1080 60Hz

Last edited by MSL_DK; 19th January 2016 at 12:13.
MSL_DK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling