Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2008, 22:55   #4661  |  Link
wildchild22

I have spiderman2 bluray with truehd converted to lpcm. It cannot be done without scenarist as of yet. After scenarist builds the file. You can demux the file into elementry streams and rebuild it and the audio is perfect with lpcm no 20% freezeup . However if you choose to demux and remux you need to use the append button as the audio gets split into two wav files.

Also when you import a wav file from eac3to into tsmuxer. Ts muxer says it s applying default channel information while the wav from scenarist doesnt do this so I am guessing that scenarist must add something different to the header. here is the first few lines of the scenarist file opened using XVI32 ( all you have to do is copy the garbled mess below into notepad then save it as a file then open it with xvi32 I think this may have relevant info )

RIFFüñÿWAVEfmt ( þÿ €» /
    ?   € ª 8›qdataÀñÿ

Last edited by wildchild22; 6th May 2008 at 23:44.
Old 6th May 2008, 23:44   #4662  |  Link
jchappo

I just demuxed a studio created lpcm track from Underworld. Here is what eac3to said about it:

C:\DVDRips\HD>eac3to.exe Ripped\output.wav
The format of the source file could not be detected.

This means it's not a WAV. But, TsMuxer recognizes the file as LPCM, and I can remux it back with the video, and it still plays fine on the Popcorn Hour.

Can eac3to be made to create the decompressed audio into this format? It could be a new output option like -popcorn?
Old 6th May 2008, 23:52   #4663  |  Link
wildchild22

here is the hex edit from the eac3to wav file

RIFFêÿ~WAVEfmt    €» /
  dataÆÿ~
Old 7th May 2008, 00:01   #4664  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchappo View Post
I just demuxed a studio created lpcm track from Underworld. Here is what eac3to said about it:

This means it's not a WAV. But, TsMuxer recognizes the file as LPCM, and I can remux it back with the video, and it still plays fine on the Popcorn Hour.

Can eac3to be made to create the decompressed audio into this format? It could be a new output option like -popcorn?
How did you demuxed it?
Old 7th May 2008, 01:43   #4665  |  Link
jchappo

using tsremux
Old 7th May 2008, 03:08   #4666  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:

Please upload first 20MB from this LPCM file recognized by TsMuxer

@wildchild22, here you have two links about wav header:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/CCRMA/Cour...ts/WaveFormat/
http://www.lightlink.com/tjweber/StripWav/Canon.html

The RIFF ChunkSize must be FileLength - 8 and the Data SubChunkSize can be FileLength - 44, both fields have 4 bytes.
How can you hexedit 4 bytes to put a number greater than 2^32 (4 GB)?
Old 7th May 2008, 03:43   #4667  |  Link
jchappo

Here is the first 20mb:
http://hd-r-us.kicks-ass.net/public/output.wav.001

I checked, and this chunk is recognized by TsMuxer.

Also, the solution may not involve the WAV container, because it obviously doesn't support file size > 4gb.

Last edited by jchappo; 7th May 2008 at 03:53.
Old 7th May 2008, 03:58   #4668  |  Link
gregt

Hi,
I am trying to convert - using eac3to - BR Pirates of the Carribean - Deadman's Chest and the resultant mkv video height is about 30% shorter than the source m2ts file. I then demuxed using eac3to and the resultant h264 file matches the source. I then used mkvmerge to convert the h264 file and the resultant mkv video is again about 30% shorter than the source h264 video.
Is there an option that I need to use or is this a bug in the mkv code?
Old 7th May 2008, 05:38   #4669  |  Link
gregt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregt View Post
Hi,
I am trying to convert - using eac3to - BR Pirates of the Carribean - Deadman's Chest and the resultant mkv video height is about 30% shorter than the source m2ts file. I then demuxed using eac3to and the resultant h264 file matches the source. I then used mkvmerge to convert the h264 file and the resultant mkv video is again about 30% shorter than the source h264 video.
Is there an option that I need to use or is this a bug in the mkv code?
ok. I solved my own problem. It is not an mkv issue. The issue is with the h264 decoder in ffdshow. Nero 8 uses it's own internal codecs and plays the mkv video properly. If I disable libavcodec as the default codec for h264 in ffdshow then WMP will use the Nero codec and the mkv then plays back properly. I will have to check to see if there is an update to ffdshow to fix this issue.

Anyway, not sure why it did not affect other mkv videos.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:13   #4670  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:

Quote:
Here is the first 20mb:
http://hd-r-us.kicks-ass.net/public/output.wav.001

I checked, and this chunk is recognized by TsMuxer.

Also, the solution may not involve the WAV container, because it obviously doesn't support file size > 4gb.
Will you stop filling this thread with nonsense? Will you stop wasting people's time?

1: WAV supports >4GB files and eac3to handles them fine. It's just tsremux that doesn't support them! Post a request THERE!
2: eac3to is just fine and no special switches (like -popcorn) are needed!
3: The link to your sample does not work!
Old 7th May 2008, 13:49   #4671  |  Link
wildchild22

All I did was slit the file into a 100 meg slice then opened the 100 meg slice with the hex editor and posted the bytes before they were all zero till later on. There is a difference in the first 2 lines so maybe eac3to needs to write the differences into the header.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:50   #4672  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Will you stop filling this thread with nonsense? Will you stop wasting people's time?

1: WAV supports >4GB files and eac3to handles them fine. It's just tsremux that doesn't support them! Post a request THERE!
2: eac3to is just fine and no special switches (like -popcorn) are needed!
3: The link to your sample does not work!
I agree with nautilus7. Maybe you want continue with this problem, related to the the 4GB WAV limit, in this thread

A working link to the lpcm sample please.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:54   #4673  |  Link
tosehee

Hi.

Thanks for a wonderful tool.

I have used this tool to rip my BD and HDDVDs. Two days ago, I tried to rip Chris Botti Live with friends, but for some reason, I can't seem to play this after the conversion. I have tried this on 2.44 and 2.45 version. Both of them produces the gap information. I re-ran the same command to produce the new mkv and flac file, however, after I remux them with mkvmergeGui, it doesn't play. I have tried both with and without gap and the results are same.

The symtom I have is, the mkvtoolnix remux them fine, but when I tried to play in any player (zoomplayer, mpc, kmp, media portal, and etc), none of them works. They just hangs in the beginning, and nothing happens.

I don't see any errors from the eac3to or mkxtoolnix. Oh, here is the command I used.

C:\Users\Public\Videos\Recent>eac3to 00000.m2ts 1: v.mkv 3: a.flac
M2TS, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 1:29:02
1: h264/AVC, 1080i60 /1.001 (16:9)
2: AC3, 2.0 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz
3: RAW/PCM, 5.1 channels, 24 bits, 96khz
4: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbit/s, 48khz
[v01] Extracting video track number 1...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Reading RAW/PCM...
[a03] Swapping endian...
[a03] Remapping channels...
[a03] Encoding FLAC...
[v01] Muxing video to Matroska...

Last edited by tosehee; 7th May 2008 at 13:57.
Old 7th May 2008, 13:57   #4674  |  Link
jchappo

Looks like my own hosting solution didn't work out, try this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjvm0l1zfl

Why is everyone hung up on WAV now? I was only using WAV because I thought that was the only way to make it work.

What I want is to create the exact format of this studio LPCM, which is recognized by TsMuxer AND plays perfectly on my A/V receiver. >4gb WAV files are recognized by TsMuxer BUT do not play perfectly on my A/V receiver.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:00   #4675  |  Link
tosehee

The only thing that I haven't tried is demux the video as .h264. If I do that, what frame rates do I need to assign when remuxing with mkvmerge?

Is it 30 or is it 60? It's 1080i material.. So, it it 30 then? or is 60 still?
Old 7th May 2008, 14:01   #4676  |  Link
jchappo

usually 29.9 30000/1001
Old 7th May 2008, 14:07   #4677  |  Link
tosehee

Quote:
usually 29.9 30000/1001
Do I type in 29.97 or 29.9 30000/1001 exactly as you typed? Sorry for dumb question. :-(
Old 7th May 2008, 14:07   #4678  |  Link
nautilus7

I believe it's a player/decoder issue. Change the video decoder (ffdshow/coreavc/mpc internal decoder) and report back. Try also the .mkv file that eac3to makes (without audio).

From 1st post:

Quote:
-24p/30p/60i force the use of the specified framerate for h264 muxing
But, eac3to should detect fps automatically.

Last edited by nautilus7; 7th May 2008 at 14:10.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:11   #4679  |  Link
jchappo

Ok here is yet more info,

Looks like if I change the extension to RAW, then eac3to has something to say about it:

C:\DVDRips\HD>eac3to.exe Ripped\output.raw
This might be a RAW/PCM file. Trying to figure out the details.
This will probably take a while. Please be patient...
The RAW/PCM file seems to be big endian.
The RAW/PCM file seems to have a bitdepth of 16 bits.
The RAW/PCM file seems to have 6 channels.
RAW/PCM, 5.1 channels, 2:13:48, 16 bits, 48khz

I will try converting a DTS-HD track to RAW, and then test is TsMuxer will accept that.
Old 7th May 2008, 14:15   #4680  |  Link
tosehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
I believe it's a player/decoder issue. Change the video decoder (ffdshow/coreavc/mpc internal decoder) and report back. Try also the .mkv file that eac3to makes (without audio).

From 1st post:

But, eac3to should detect fps automatically.
I have done that, but when it tries to open the file, nothing happens and it hangs forever. I don't see any video or hear any sound. That's with eac3to making the video mkv. I haven't tried demuxing it manually and remux again with mkvmerge. That's what I was at. I tried the latest version of ffdshow tryout (May 04, 2008) and I tried coreavc 1.7 professional, and same result.

Mind you that I have ripped about 30+ movies so far without this type of issue now.
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to