Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th July 2010, 14:58   #8901  |  Link
Vertigo1

Quote:
You're saying INSPECT is crashing? That's really odd and makes me think something may not be configured properly or there is a registry problem.
Hmm, any hints on what to look for?

Last edited by Vertigo1; 25th July 2010 at 12:17.
Vertigo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 15:56   #8902  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
It's really not a bug report but I use Clown or TsRemux to cut each episode/audio/subs and then use MultiAvchd to make simple Menu with multiple titles and create Bluray structure and compress ( oop's with/ BD_Rebuilder) to fit on BD-5 or BD-9 disk. I guess yoiu could even put the final result on BD-25 but that seems "wastefull for me", IMO, Lol
There are numerous methods available to make backups, and I am well aware of these other programs. Thanks.
My goal is not just after making working backups, since I have had plenty of success already with many different options. I am trying to be helpful to the beta versions of BD-RB, providing what I hope is potentially helpful and useful testing, input and feedback to assist jdobbs with his development of what is already a great program.
I have more interest trying to follow and assist with the progress of BD-RB, enjoying the "ride" along the way.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 19:53   #8903  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
There are numerous methods available to make backups, and I am well aware of these other programs. Thanks.
My goal is not just after making working backups, since I have had plenty of success already with many different options. I am trying to be helpful to the beta versions of BD-RB, providing what I hope is potentially helpful and useful testing, input and feedback to assist jdobbs with his development of what is already a great program.
I have more interest trying to follow and assist with the progress of BD-RB, enjoying the "ride" along the way.
And it's appreciated. By the way, I'm testing something now as an interim fix. It doesn't include working DTS Express audio yet, but it may fix the silence. I've been sneaking time away from my visitors in the early morning and late evening to try it out.
Old 24th July 2010, 20:58   #8904  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
And it's appreciated. By the way, I'm testing something now as an interim fix. It doesn't include working DTS Express audio yet, but it may fix the silence. I've been sneaking time away from my visitors in the early morning and late evening to try it out.
Great! I tried keeping all audio tracks from the main titles with PiP mpls, but that did not correct the silence. Perhaps this PiP DTS Express audio track is the culprit.
Something similar to remove and add back external audio has been successful on every test ( 5 attempts ) I've tried, so your interim fix will be welcome.

So you are "burning the candle" at both ends!
Old 24th July 2010, 21:06   #8905  |  Link
ellusian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarCVO View Post
Hello everyone. I seem to be having trouble backing up Hot Tub Time Machine. It contains a theatrical and unrated version, so uses seamless branching. The movie will play fine to start, but begins to have problems when it reaches a point where the branching is supposed to take place. Playback will freeze up for about a minute and jerk through before finally moving on and playing fine again until it reaches the next branch point.
I have tried 3 different backups (full disc, move only, and full disc again) but with the same problem on each. I have also tried to re-rip (AnyDVDHD) and process again before the last burn but same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I'm not doing? Or is it a bug? Anyone else successfully backup this movie?
Thanks for the help.
Have you had success since in ripping/burning HTTM? If so, did you use another ripper besides AnyDVD? I saw the separate seamless-branch movie files in BD Rebuild and noticed it didn't seem to select more than one in 'movie-only' mode, so not sure how to proceed.

Also, seems like others are having probs w/ Pixar Short Vol. 1 as I am. Any success stories out there, and if so, were there workarounds/caveats?

Thx--so far these are the only titles I've had issues with.
ellusian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 21:49   #8906  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Great! I tried keeping all audio tracks from the main titles with PiP mpls, but that did not correct the silence. Perhaps this PiP DTS Express audio track is the culprit.
Something similar to remove and add back external audio has been successful on every test ( 5 attempts ) I've tried, so your interim fix will be welcome.

So you are "burning the candle" at both ends!
Well this didn't work. What I did was make BD-RB create a blank audio track and insert it in place of the DTS Express and then patch the MPLS to match. It seems to have had no impact at all.

Have you had any luck identifying what changes in your remove-and-add-back process? I can't remember, did you post the MPLS & CLPIs (pre and post correction) of one that works?
Old 24th July 2010, 22:50   #8907  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Well this didn't work. What I did was make BD-RB create a blank audio track and insert it in place of the DTS Express and then patch the MPLS to match. It seems to have had no impact at all.

Have you had any luck identifying what changes in your remove-and-add-back process? I can't remember, did you post the MPLS & CLPIs (pre and post correction) of one that works?
Yes, see here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716&page=439
Both the original, non working and the corrected, working are included.
Scroll to post # 8775

EDIT:
and from deank:
Quote:
took a look at the files. There are a lot of differences and multiAVCHD's files look much simpler, because it seems that there is a PIP or something in Scorpion King. About Twilight - I have no idea. multiAVCHD uses clean (tsMuxeR or a bit modified) playlist files to match the actual streams in the M2TS file.

As jdobbs posted, it will be a good thing to implement in BD Rebuilder about using blank/silent audio tracks when 'removing' them. It is not very nice approach to have references in mpls to streams not there.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 24th July 2010 at 22:57.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:06   #8908  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes, see here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716&page=439
Both the original, non working and the corrected, working are included.
Scroll to post # 8775

EDIT:
and from deank:
Oh, I see. The ones created by DeanK's software didn't have the PiP included. I misunderstood. Yeah, they get a lot more complicated with Secondary video/audio. I could probably remove them and their references from the MPLS easy enough, but that's kinda' stepping backwards. I'll figure it out -- unless, of course, it's just a bug in the Sony for which there is no workaround.

Inserting blank/silent audio didn't work at all (from my work earlier today)... I'll have to think a bit now and see what else I can try.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th July 2010 at 23:10.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2010, 23:11   #8909  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Oh, I see. The ones created by DeanK's software didn't have the PiP included? I misunderstood. Yeah, they get a lot more complicated with Secondary video/audio. I could probably remove them and their references from the MPLS, but that's kinda' stepping backwards. I'll figure it out -- unless, of course, it's just a bug in the Sony with no workaround.

Inserting blank audio didn't work at all...
Keeping all audio tracks, except the DTS Express of course, did not help at all either.
EDIT:
It appears the challenge is on!
Quote:
I'll figure it out
And I will be equally satisfied if:
Quote:
unless, of course, it's just a bug in the Sony with no workaround.

Last edited by Capsbackup; 24th July 2010 at 23:22.
Old 25th July 2010, 05:35   #8910  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetMan View Post
My HTTM played just fine b4 & after the 7min mark, ripped w/ AnyDVD 6674, movie only (unrated, playlist 801) to BD9.
Yes but try and backup the full disc and see if it freezes. I have tried it with two different originals on two different computers and the results are always the same: freezing at the points of seamless branching.(Thankful to have a BD-RE)
So try out the full disc backup and report back to me if it still plays without freezing.
bluestarCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 08:03   #8911  |  Link
chompy

Hi,

I know it’s very strange, but I’m having the same frame freezes that SoniG reported sometime ago and that jdobbs fixed in v0.34.01

Obviously I’m using v0.34.05 and Inspect says everything is fine (movie only backups work perfectly), but the two seamless branching movies I’ve tested this weekend (Up and Toy Story 2 Spanish blu-rays) have these frame freezes at the end of each m2ts.

I have PROCESS_SECONDARY=0 in BDREBUILDER.INI as I don’t need PiP at all, and selected only English and Spanish in Audio/Subtitle languages to keep in setup, and the result is the same If I choose BD-25 target size (x264 compression) or a custom target size big enough in order to only do a remux: nasty freezes at the end of m2ts files (in Up, remuxing only is even worse than x264 compression).

And what’s even weirder is that if I use MultiAVCHD with the same settings, the resulting blu-ray plays perfectly fine without any freeze at all.

Could anybody please tell me what am I missing?

Thanks jdobbs for this great program and greetings

Last edited by chompy; 26th July 2010 at 08:18.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 13:33   #8912  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Hi,

I know it’s very strange, but I’m having the same frame freezes that SoniG reported sometime ago and that jdobbs fixed in v0.34.01

Obviously I’m using v0.34.05 and Inspect says everything is fine (movie only backups work perfectly), but the two seamless branching movies I’ve tested this weekend (Up and Toy Story 2 Spanish blu-rays) have these frame freezes at the end of each m2ts.

I have PROCESS_SECONDARY=0 in BDREBUILDER.INI as I don’t need PiP at all, and selected only English and Spanish in Audio/Subtitle languages to keep in setup, and the result is the same If I choose BD-25 target size (x264 compression) or a custom target size big enough in order to only do a remux: nasty freezes at the end of m2ts files (in Up, remuxing only is even worse than x264 compression).

And what’s even weirder is that if I use MultiAVCHD with the same settings, the resulting blu-ray plays perfectly fine without any freeze at all.

The first thing I'd do is remove PROCESS_SECONDARY=0. Thatis known to cause issues, and will be removed from the next release. Please post your BD-REBUILDER.INI file so I can see your settings.

What are you using for playback? If it isn't a standalone player it's possible it the player is the issue. Movie-only (and probably multiAVCHD) uses a single M2TS, while multi-part playback may be delayed for the "switch" between parts (on poor players).

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th July 2010 at 13:40.
Old 26th July 2010, 14:38   #8913  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
The first thing I'd do is remove PROCESS_SECONDARY=0. Thatis known to cause issues, and will be removed from the next release. Please post your BD-REBUILDER.INI file so I can see your settings.

What are you using for playback? If it isn't a standalone player it's possible it the player is the issue. Movie-only (and probably multiAVCHD) uses a single M2TS, while multi-part playback may be delayed for the "switch" between parts (on poor players).
I’ll do a test without PROCESS_SECONDARY=0 and let you know what happens…

The tests have been done with TMT 3, but I’ll also burn a test disk and see what happens in my LG standalone player, but as I said, the originals and the backups with multiAVCHD (that also outputs the whole structure splitted in multiple m2ts files, menus and extras as the original and the BD-Rebuilder backup) play fine in TMT 3.

I've almost forgot to post my .INI, here it is:

Code:
[Options]
MODE=0
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
AUTO_QUALITY=0
TARGET_SIZE=23450
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;spa;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;spa;
SD_CONVERT=0
OPEN_GOP=1
RESIZE_1080=0
DEINTERLACE=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
AC3_192=0
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23500
WEIGHTP=1
PROCESS_SECONDARY=0
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=D:\BDREBUILDER\
SOURCE_PATH=c:\BD\UP\
I’ll post my results after further investigation…

Edit: Up has PiP, but Toy Story 2 doesn't have, so in Toy Story 2 backup PROCESS_SECONDARY=0 wouldn't mind, right?

Thanks

Last edited by chompy; 26th July 2010 at 14:50.
Old 26th July 2010, 19:15   #8914  |  Link
SquallMX
Special SeeD

Quote:
Hi,

Is the same problem that I have with Princess and the Frog, post BD-Rebuilder TMT3 freezes at the end/change of m2ts files.

Using MultiAVCHD results in no problems.
SquallMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 19:23   #8915  |  Link
A.Fenderson

For these seamless branching discs that multiAVCHD is handling better, is it outputting a disc image or otherwise sending the output to a burner app, or just outputting blu-ray folders that are thereafter burned separately?
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 20:33   #8916  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
For these seamless branching discs that multiAVCHD is handling better...
multiAVCHD can't handle branched discs properly. Not when you have alternate endings or multi-language-playlists.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:18   #8917  |  Link
chompy

Ok, I've just burned a disk with my backup of Up (only remuxed, no compression needed) and it plays fine in my LG (on TMT 3 still freezes), so yes, TMT 3 is one of the problem causes, because as I prevously said, the original and the MultiAVCHD backup work OK in TMT 3.

Then I've opened the original, the BD-Rebuilder and the MultiAVCHD backups in BDEdit, and I've seen that in the main movie playlist, you have the same m2ts lenght as the original, but deank has put a smaller lenght in all m2ts files... And do you know what happens when I edit your playlist and put deank's lenght values? That BD-Rebuilder backup works perfectly fine in TMT 3.

I don't know why deanks lenght is shorter (maybe he could explain why), but I've uploaded the playlist and the clipinf of all of their items from the original, BD-Rebuilder and MultiAVCHD backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
multiAVCHD can't handle branched discs properly. Not when you have alternate endings or multi-language-playlists.
deank, in your reauthor mode, if you don't edit the items inside the multi-language playlists (you only edit the playlists corresponding to each m2ts file) everything should work fine (no dupped big files at the end of the compilation).

Greetings

Last edited by chompy; 26th July 2010 at 21:38.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:36   #8918  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Just want to throw this out there about TMT3. I know JDobbs says dont trust Software players and he's not lieing when he says that. I had several encodes that I thought were bad from bad pixalation and macro blocking. I had to wonder why this was happening and then played just the M2TS files in WMP. No probs at all. So dont rely on TMT3 for video quality
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2010, 22:57   #8919  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Ok, I've just burned a disk with my backup of Up (only remuxed, no compression needed) and it plays fine in my LG (on TMT 3 still freezes), so yes, TMT 3 is one of the problem causes, because as I prevously said, the original and the MultiAVCHD backup work OK in TMT 3.

Then I've opened the original, the BD-Rebuilder and the MultiAVCHD backups in BDEdit, and I've seen that in the main movie playlist, you have the same m2ts lenght as the original, but deank has put a smaller lenght in all m2ts files... And do you know what happens when I edit your playlist and put deank's lenght values? That BD-Rebuilder backup works perfectly fine in TMT 3.

I don't know why deanks lenght is shorter (maybe he could explain why), but I've uploaded the playlist and the clipinf of all of their items from the original, BD-Rebuilder and MultiAVCHD backups.

deank, in your reauthor mode, if you don't edit the items inside the multi-language playlists (you only edit the playlists corresponding to each m2ts file) everything should work fine (no dupped big files at the end of the compilation).

Greetings
C'mon. You can't say "is one of the problem causes" if the issue goes away on a real player. It is the problem. It's because the player has to buffer the consecutive parts sufficiently -- and they may be some distance apart on the hard drive (resulting in delay due to the time it takes for head movement).

Also saying "this works" or "that works" isn't helpful either -- because they are doing completely different things in completely different ways.

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th July 2010 at 23:19.
Old 27th July 2010, 03:02   #8920  |  Link
Capsbackup

I can report that a recent backup of Forgetting Sarah Marshall to BD-R with BD-RB 3404 for playback on my Sony S360 plays back perfectly. This title has the original theatrical release and the extended version, a seamless branching disc.
I watched the extended version completely, and there were no stutters, no freezes, no glitches of any kind!
It also has PiP with Dolby Digital Plus secondary audio, and it worked perfectly too!