Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th February 2011, 21:13   #11321  |  Link
drmih

@jdobbs

Just a small problem which seems to have come in recently. Through one thing or another (computer crashing, disc space) I've had three jobs which have failed to complete. However, I haven't been able to restart any of them - the programme always wants to delete the old files and restart. I haven't changed any settings and it is starting to annoy me as in all three cases they were well into the 90%s.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:37   #11322  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
@jdobbs

Just a small problem which seems to have come in recently. Through one thing or another (computer crashing, disc space) I've had three jobs which have failed to complete. However, I haven't been able to restart any of them - the programme always wants to delete the old files and restart. I haven't changed any settings and it is starting to annoy me as in all three cases they were well into the 90%s.
I have noticed this too. It is new with this latest version, BD-RBV03705.
If you keep your BDREBUILDER configuration settings file, delete all other files in the unzipped folder, and unzip the previous version, BD-RBV03704, and try with that one it will allow you to continue from a previously started/finished job.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:43   #11323  |  Link
drmih

Tried that but still can't get it to continue.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:47   #11324  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Tried that but still can't get it to continue.
You need to make sure that all settings are exactly the same as the initial run, including audio selections, subtitles, custom output size, open gop, etc...
Old 20th February 2011, 22:04   #11325  |  Link
worknstiff

@drmih: Quote-Tried that but still can't get it to continue.

I don't know if you are wanting it to continue from the 90% done point or not but it was my understanding that the continue will only restart at the beginning of pass 2 of a movie only rebuild even if it was at 90% completed on pass 2. It will not continue at exactly the last point where it was previously encoding. I hope you were doing a full rebuild and it was a multi part movie, lol. It really hurts when you go in to see if it has completed and the computer has had a crash or like me when I bumped the mouse and it was hovering over the close button and sat there all night with a do you want to cancel or continue diaglog box waiting for me to answer it, lol
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 22:29   #11326  |  Link
j_m_min

No one has any suggestions on why I keep getting this error?

- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
[20:56:59] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Is there any setting or anything I should change.

My full post is a couple pages back.

If no one knows, that is fine. I am just at a lost for what to do. I have been trying to get this to work for over a month and get the same error every time.
j_m_min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 22:51   #11327  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
I have noticed this too. It is new with this latest version, BD-RBV03705.
If you keep your BDREBUILDER configuration settings file, delete all other files in the unzipped folder, and unzip the previous version, BD-RBV03704, and try with that one it will allow you to continue from a previously started/finished job.
The one thing that might affect that would be the addition of HD Audio settings to the checks for resuming -- are you sure it hasn't changed between the two starts? I'll look at it and make sure it is working correctly.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:52   #11328  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_m_min View Post
No one has any suggestions on why I keep getting this error?

- Pes packet len too large ( >100Mb). Bad stream or invalid codec speciffed.
[20:56:59] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Is there any setting or anything I should change.

My full post is a couple pages back.

If no one knows, that is fine. I am just at a lost for what to do. I have been trying to get this to work for over a month and get the same error every time.
Yes. Bad rips. If it is happening to only you on titles that are working fine with everyone else -- that's pretty much the only possibility.

That error is coming from TSMUXER (not from within BD-RB) -- and it is pretty stable.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:48   #11329  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The one thing that might affect that would be the addition of HD Audio settings to the checks for resuming -- are you sure it hasn't changed between the two starts? I'll look at it and make sure it is working correctly.
I have tested on two different BD9 full movie backups that I still have kept all the files for, and for both as long as I use BD-RBV03704, I have the option to resume. Of course these are already completed, so resume will only rebuild the Blu-Ray structure. ( Which I like and use quite often! )
With BD-RBV03705, the Delete All Old Files message is displayed. I'm using the same BDREBUILDER configuration file for both tests.
No HD audio for these BD9 backups.
Old 21st February 2011, 01:38   #11330  |  Link
j_m_min

JDOBBS: Yes. Bad rips. If it is happening to only you on titles that are working fine with everyone else -- that's pretty much the only possibility.

That error is coming from TSMUXER (not from within BD-RB) -- and it is pretty stable.

OK, but what does that mean exactly. I am not sure. Bad rips of what? Is it my burner? are you saying its the disc I am using? can I have it not copy the "pes packet" whatever that is? Is there anything I can do about it or try to change? IsTSMUXER a program in BD-RB? I never downloaded a TSMUXER program. Can you even open it or edit it? Is there anything I can do different at all or try to change?

Last edited by j_m_min; 21st February 2011 at 01:44. Reason: Forgot to put something in.
Old 21st February 2011, 03:49   #11331  |  Link
HWK

Basically this happens when source disc is not ripped properly by ripper.

What program you were using to rip the disc.

Tsmuxer is included when you download Bd-rebuilder and is in tools folder. However don't change file inside that folder.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 04:14   #11332  |  Link
Capsbackup

@j_m_min;
Inside the folder that you unzipped BD-RB is a program called Inspect. Open that program, run it and post the results ( Highlight Copy and Paste ).
If you are using AnyDVD HD to rip the disc, start AnyDVD HD and go to settings. Highlight Video Blu-ray on the left side of the window. There need only be one check mark next to Enable Blu-ray support. Everything else has no selections checked.
If your Inspect log shows any problems, correct those first and then try again.
If AnyDVD HD had any other settings then the above mentioned, re-rip the disc after changing those settings and try again.
Old 21st February 2011, 06:52   #11333  |  Link
j_m_min

OK ran inspect, here it is

- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set "disabled", WMP11, Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.5, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Also on AnyDVD HD I unchecked
-remove prohibited user operations
-disable BD-Live

As for what program I am using to rip the disk? I am not ripping it first I don't think. I put the disc in the drive, anydvd-hd scans it, pick it as the source and click backup on BD-Rebuilder. Should I rip it to the hard drive first? As an ".iso" file or something else?

Plus everything works fine when I use Anydvd to rip it to the hard disc as a .iso and burn it to a dual layer blue ray disc 50 gb. those are just a lot more expensive than the 25 gbs, that is why I need BD Rebuilder to shrink it.

will try again.

Thanks a million.
Old 21st February 2011, 14:45   #11334  |  Link
Normanski

Aften fails on bd 9

First post so I am a bit nervous,Creation of bd 25's is working fine BD 'S not so good.Various rips all done with ANY DVD, log posted below .
[17:33:18] BD Rebuilder v0.37.04 (beta)
- Source: SPIDER_MAN
- Input BD size: 28.92 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:01:12.265]
- Target BD size: 7.84 GB
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), Two Pass
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=1 Kbs=640
[17:33:18] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:33:18] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00011]
- [18:16:43] Reencoding: VID_00011 (1 of 1)
- [18:16:43] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 174,360 frames
- Bitrate: 7,872 Kbs
- [18:16:43] Reencoding: VID_00011, Pass 1 of 2
- [03:35:52] Reencoding: VID_00011, Pass 2 of 2
- [13:01:31] Video Encode complete
- [13:01:31] Reencoding audio tracks (if req'd)
- ERROR in attempt to reencode audio (AFTEN) [AUD_00011__4352.AVS]
[13:05:46] - Failed to reencode audio, aborted

INF FILE DETAILS
Status]
LABEL=SPIDER_MAN
VERSION=v0.37.04 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=31049551872
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=31049551872
TARGET_SIZE=8422162432
REDUCTION=.271249081684653
RESIZE_1080=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;enm;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=0
USE_LAVF=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=3
[00011]
AUDIO=10000
PGS=100000000000000000000
M2TS_TARGET=8422162432
RATE=7872

Probably not a bug but something I am not doing right.

Audio track is marked up as 001 tru hd english.I have tried a combination of Audio encoding options all end up with AFTEN FAIL.

Thanks for reading I won't be offended if I have failed to do something simple and I get slagged off for it.
Normanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 16:20   #11335  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_m_min View Post
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set "disabled", WMP11, Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.37.0.5, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Also on AnyDVD HD I unchecked
-remove prohibited user operations
-disable BD-Live

As for what program I am using to rip the disk? I am not ripping it first I don't think. I put the disc in the drive, anydvd-hd scans it, pick it as the source and click backup on BD-Rebuilder. Should I rip it to the hard drive first? As an ".iso" file or something else?

Plus everything works fine when I use Anydvd to rip it to the hard disc as a .iso and burn it to a dual layer blue ray disc 50 gb. those are just a lot more expensive than the 25 gbs, that is why I need BD Rebuilder to shrink it.

will try again.

Thanks a million.
Personally I use AnyDVD HD to "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk". If you know how to mount an image, "Rip to Image" is ok too. You can use either method.
I would rip the disc to your hard drive rather than trying to run it from your Blu-ray drive though! Then select this as the source and try BD-RB again.
Old 21st February 2011, 16:24   #11336  |  Link
Capsbackup

@Normanski;
Post the Inspect report.
Uninstall any codec packs. You should only have Haali, ffdshow and Avisynth.
Old 21st February 2011, 19:20   #11337  |  Link
HWK

Use supporting application from first post of this page only.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:08   #11338  |  Link
j_m_min

WOW Capsbackup Genius

Rip video DVD to hardisk WORKED! Finally. You are a genius. After 1.5 months. I owe you a beer. Cross my fingers for the next movie.
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:58   #11339  |  Link
larrsz
Bitter Old Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Seems to me the only place this could be failing is with BD_Rebuilder\Tools\HCencoder.exe--maybe you could try using it manually and see what issues arise. I'm curious too what your BD_Rebuilder\LASTCMD.TXT looks like (following the failed encode)?

Are you running Vista or W7--I wonder if it might have something to do with Security Properties. I notice for example if I dl it separately and place HCenc_025.exe into BD's dir and compare these Security Props, they appear different. Dunno nuthin' 'bout these myself, just a puzzlement...
OK, here is the LASTCMD.TXT. I am running Vista 64. Any help greatly appreciated. And, BTW I downloaded HCEnc from the author site and replaced the one in BDRB and got the exact same result.

"C:\Users\admin\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --preset superfast --b-pyramid strict --weightp 1 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 10356 --level 4.1 --qpfile "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --stats "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264.stats" --pass 2 --output "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264"

Last edited by larrsz; 22nd February 2011 at 04:18.
larrsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 06:25   #11340  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrsz View Post
OK, here is the LASTCMD.TXT. I am running Vista 64. Any help greatly appreciated. And, BTW I downloaded HCEnc from the author site and replaced the one in BDRB and got the exact same result.

"C:\Users\admin\BD_Rebuilder\tools\x264.exe" "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS" --preset superfast --b-pyramid strict --weightp 1 --qpmin=0 --bitrate 10356 --level 4.1 --qpfile "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.CHP" --sar 1:1 --aud --nal-hrd vbr --pic-struct --vbv-bufsize 14500 --keyint 24 --min-keyint 1 --ipratio 1.1 --pbratio 1.1 --vbv-maxrate 17500 --threads auto --slices 4 --thread-input --stats "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264.stats" --pass 2 --output "V:\PROCESSED HD\WORKFILES\VID_00000.AVS.264"
What version of BD Rebuilder are you using? That's an old command line.