Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 18th November 2012, 21:29   #2141  |  Link
bekar

The only thing he asks, if you use his code, is to link to his site.
Old 19th November 2012, 02:53   #2142  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekar View Post
The only thing he asks, if you use his code, is to link to his site.
Said the echo...
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:29   #2143  |  Link
Garrog

Installation: Haali Splitter query

Hi. Hope MrC or someone can help?

When I started installing A2D 2.5.1 I noticed it planned to install the Haali splitter even though I already have it.

The A2D Haali version is given as 1.10.348.15 whereas I have later version 1.11.288.0 already installed through the CCCP codec pack.

I'm holding off on the installation until I find out what to do now. If I deselect Haali 1.10 as part of the A2D installation will it be able to use the 1.11 version? The fact Haali isn't automatically deselected during A2D installation indicates that A2D for some reason does not recognise it which suggest it would not be able to call it up in use. Either the A2D installer cannot recognise later versions or I imagine there is some registration problem with the splitter which happened during CCCP installation?

Is this an issue which needs to be fixed via a new version of A2D before I can install? Or some other workaround?

I'm using XP btw (yeah, that's right, still rocking the XP!).

Thanks!

ps I also posted this query on the Soundforge forum yesterday but on closer inspection it looks like that forum's not really active whereas this one is: if I get a reply here I will paste in the answer there to close the loop!
Garrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 17:19   #2144  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi there Garrog,

AVStoDVD installer package queries the following Windows registry entry to detect a previous Haali installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HaaliMkx\Install_Dir

If Haali has been installed correctly, then that key will be present.

About using the release 1.11.288.0, I cannot guarantee its compliance. If you test it and get no issues, please report it back. Thanks!

Take note that last official Haali release is 1.11.96.14 (http://haali.su/mkv)

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 13:07   #2145  |  Link
edwood

I just discovered AVStoDVD a couple of days ago. I have been using DVD Flick for several years. I really like AVStoDVD much better. I have been playing around with the program and find it very user friendly.

One thing that I miss that is a good feature in DVD Flick is the ability to easily select the thumbnail image that you wish to include with the video. In DVD Flick, it is a simple matter of viewing the .avi clip until you find the frame you want to use. This is done in the menu edit screen, and is done by selecting the time stamp frame window where you can step through on an hour by hour, minute by minute, and second by second basis until you locate what you are looking for.

As far as I can tell, in AVStoDVD you must use the Frame Start and Frame End to accomplish the same task. When I select the Edit Button on the Frame Start - Frame End line, I am taken to a different screen which looks very much like a media player. However, when I start the .avi file by pressing the run button, I have audio but no video. So I cannot find a way to select the thumbnail image that I want to use.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Ed Wood
edwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 21:49   #2146  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Hi there edwood,

it is a matter of directshow raw video codec configuration. See Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.2 for more details and how to fix it.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 25th November 2012, 16:50   #2147  |  Link
Garrog

Haali

Thanks for your advice, Mr.C.

Re. CCCP and their later Haali version, I believe CCCP is a popular and widely used codec pack. Also please note it is endorsed by Matroska (http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html).

I think I will have to query this all with CCCP developers but I will come back if and when I have more info on the issue! Let me know if you have any further info/queries you would like me to pass on assuming I am able to make contact. Thanks for now.
Old 25th November 2012, 18:01   #2148  |  Link
JEEB
もこたんインしたお!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Hi there Garrog,

AVStoDVD installer package queries the following Windows registry entry to detect a previous Haali installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HaaliMkx\Install_Dir

If Haali has been installed correctly, then that key will be present.
Only the Haali installer sets this as far as I know; You should be checking if the needed DShow filters are registered/still on file system if you want to actually check for filters and not for if the official installer was run or not Of course you could also just tell people to not come around if they haven't used the official installer.

That said, just checking that registry key AFAIK doesn't tell you if the specific filters in Haali's package are actually registered, so switching to checking if certain filters are found in the DirectShow system is a relatively good idea (people can uncheck various checkboxes in the Haali installer after all).

Quote:
About using the release 1.11.288.0, I cannot guarantee its compliance. If you test it and get no issues, please report it back. Thanks!

Take note that last official Haali release is 1.11.96.14 (http://haali.su/mkv)

You seem to have missed it on the CoreCodec site. Haali never got to updating his own site, so CoreCodec's download page was the only place you could get this version from, except for the 3.x CoreAVC releases. It is Haali's alright :P

If CoreCodec's support site is back up by now, you should be able to grab it from there.
Old 25th November 2012, 18:36   #2149  |  Link
Garrog

Haali

I should maybe apologise for asking a misleading question in the first place - I thought CCCP had "installed" Haali but I realise now it had only registered the specific filters. So apologies if I took the query in a misinformed direction.

I'm no developer, and you haven't had chance to reply to JEEB yet (who I believe is), but...assuming that AVStoDVD can call directly on the filters I assume that ideally the AVStoDVD installer would, as JEEB said, check for the filters which AVStoDVD may require in use and uncheck Haali installation if already present. Is that a possibility for future release, Mr.C? I'm surprised this issue hasn't come up before actually - maybe no-one realised there was a conflict!
Old 25th November 2012, 21:09   #2150  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
Only the Haali installer sets this as far as I know; You should be checking if the needed DShow filters are registered/still on file system if you want to actually check for filters and not for if the official installer was run or not Of course you could also just tell people to not come around if they haven't used the official installer.

That said, just checking that registry key AFAIK doesn't tell you if the specific filters in Haali's package are actually registered, so switching to checking if certain filters are found in the DirectShow system is a relatively good idea (people can uncheck various checkboxes in the Haali installer after all).
Well, my purpose was eventually to check if HMS is installed in the system, not just registered. BTW, I agree with you, a better rationale would be to check the dshow registration, at least for HMS. There is always room to improve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
You seem to have missed it on the CoreCodec site. Haali never got to updating his own site, so CoreCodec's download page was the only place you could get this version from, except for the 3.x CoreAVC releases. It is Haali's alright :P

If CoreCodec's support site is back up by now, you should be able to grab it from there.
Thanks for the hint. From this thread, I see there is still some confusion about newer HMS releases and where to find them.

I will check out the 1.11.288.0 release to be included in the next AVStoDVD release. As said before, any feedback by you users is very appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrog
I'm surprised this issue hasn't come up before actually - maybe no-one realised there was a conflict!
I guess:
- 100% newbies simply go ahead with installation
- 95% expert users have HMS installed properly since they usually do not like codecs packs
- 5% expert users just uncheck the Haali option, knowing that CCCP has registered Haali as dshow splitter but not fully installed it.

Anyway thanks for reporting this issue.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 26th November 2012, 04:49   #2151  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Haali 1.11.288.0 from KLCP

FTR: I install K-Lite Codec Pack and customize everything during install and also use the Codec Tweak Tool (and Preferred Filter Tweaker if not on Win7 machine) to switch preferred filters/splitters and enable/disable anything.

Codec Tweak Tool > Configuration: DSFilters > if you see Haali, it's enabled. If it's missing, it's not registered/enabled/installed.
Codec Tweak Tool > Codec and Filter management: Preferred Splitters > Haali should show up in the options for some formats (AVI, MKV, MP4, etc).

KLCP installs Haali 1.11.288.0. I don't install Haali on its own anymore, I've been using the one that comes with KLCP and it's always been compatible with A2D, regardless of version (of Haali or A2D) for as long as I can remember.

Codec Tweak Tool can be downloaded separately, mirrored on VideoHelp.
Code:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Codec-Tweak-Tool
CodecGuide has a list of mirrors where you can download it from as well...
Code:
http://www.codecguide.com/download_other.htm
For Windows 7/8 environments, make sure to also use...
Code:
http://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm
Old 26th November 2012, 05:00   #2152  |  Link
edwood

Quote:
Hi there edwood,

it is a matter of directshow raw video codec configuration. See Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.2 for more details and how to fix it.

Bye
MrC.,

When I went to the above link, and clicked on the "instructions" tab, all I got was a white screen. Evidently I have some files missing that are needed for the successful operation of AVStoDVD. I reinstalled AVStoDVD and am getting the same results as mentioned in my earlier post as well as this post.

Here is a description of my system.
Windows 7 Ultimate with sp1 running on a:
Panasonic Toughbook CF-51 Laptop
Intel Pentium M Processor running @ 1.73ghz
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
2gb ram.
80gb hard disk drive
1 internal DVD-ROM & CD-R/RW combination Drive
1 external Asus DVD+R Dual Layer Drive.

I also have AVStoDVD installed on my Desktop Box which I built about 3 years ago. It has a Gigabyte MD, An Intel Dual Core processor running @ 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, 1 internal 1tb hdd, 1 internal 500gb hdd, 1 external 1tb hdd, 1 internal HP Lightscribe combo CD/DVD+RW burner and 1 external Plexus combo CD/DVD+RW burner.

This box also is running Win 7 Ultimate sp1. Everything works fine in AVStoDVD on this desktop box.

I have downloaded and reinstalled ffdshow from the SourceForge website onto the laptop without any success in getting the preview function to work.

I woud appreciate anything you suggest that I try.

Regards,
Ed
Old 26th November 2012, 05:11   #2153  |  Link
edwood

MrC.

Here is an update. One thing that I did NOT do was reboot my computer after I had reinstalled everything. After a reboot, everything seems to be working as it should. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help.

Ed Wood
Old 26th November 2012, 14:35   #2154  |  Link
edwood

Hi all,

I spoke too soon! I tried the preview frame again and there was nothing but a white screen. The audio was working, but I could not check the lip sync without any video. We are now back to the detailed post of the problem.

Sorry for the inconvience of the post that everything is working as expected.

Regards,
Ed
Old 26th November 2012, 17:33   #2155  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Wait, wait, what is the "instructions" tab?

Have you set up the ffdshow video decoder configuration to have the 'Raw Video' set to 'All Supported'?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 27th November 2012, 00:36   #2156  |  Link
ThaDraGun

Not sure why but now I have a message box pop up when Im making a video. I havent changed any settings. It wont proceed unless I hit x. Makes it annoying when Im making a DVD with multiple videos.

Quote:
AVStoDVD - Edit Command Parameter
HCenc Command INI File:
(when finished press X)

[alot of code]
How do I get rid of this?
ThaDraGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 01:34   #2157  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
How do I get rid of this?
By simply unchecking "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at runtime" in the "Advanced Project Settings".

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 12:44   #2158  |  Link
edwood

By "instructions" link, I am referring to the Help tab and the Q2.2 FAC on setting the ffdshow settings.

I was finally able to set the Raw Video setting to all supported by running ffdshow independently from my start button, then working my way through all of the options on ffdshow until I found the Raw Video setting (which was disabled, by the way). I now am able to view the movie clip.

My problem now lies with lip sink. The audio is approximately 2 1/2 - 3 seconds behind the video. I do not have the lip sync problem when I run the movie clip through Windows Classic Movie Player.

I wonder if the lip sync problem could be because I am retrieving the files from another computer on a wireless router? To check this out, I am copying the movie clip files directly to my limited space laptop hard drive. I will try to create a project using only the laptop and see if I get the lip sync problem then. I will let you know the outcome.

Have a great day!
Ed
Old 28th November 2012, 02:16   #2159  |  Link
ThaDraGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
By simply unchecking "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at runtime" in the "Advanced Project Settings".

Cheers
manolito
Thanks that worked. Must have clicked the box by mistake some how.

Another issue Ive had. Only happens once and a while...

I add some mkv, hit the Start button and 2-3hrs later its done. I burn the video and when I play it I notice that there are subtitles hardcoded when I dont want any subs. Now I usually check with VLC before I burn. Then Ive gotta use mkvmerge gui to remove the subtitle and remux. Then I can add the file and try again.

Im not selecting add sub either.
So I add an mkv, and it pops up a box asking if I want to include an imbedded subtitle. I dont select the box for the subtitle I just hit close. If I right click the title and choose subtitle to check, none are listed. The only way I can tell that there is a subtitle on there is to preview title. I dont do that too often because it used to freeze all the time for me.

Also, there are no subtitle files in the same folder as the mkv.

Any ideas whats going on here?
ThaDraGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 02:23   #2160  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
I add some mkv, hit the Start button and 2-3hrs later its done. I burn the video and when I play it I notice that there are subtitles hardcoded when I dont want any subs
Change the settings in DirectVobSub. Make sure you enable "hide subtitles".

You can use Codec Tweak Tool > DirectShow Filters and change the settings from there.