Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 20th January 2019, 21:41   #1  |  Link
XMonarchY

Quick and easy way to remove/disable extra audio tracks?

Many of my video files have several audio tracks for different languages. I only care for English tracks. The reason this is an issue is because other, non-English audio tracks, are prioritized/default during playback with MPC-HC. I either need to remove those non-English audio dubs or find a way to disable them in an entire playlist. I don't want to get off my chair when one file playback ends and the next begins, defaulting back to non-English.

I figured out how to use MKVToolNix (basics at least), but it will take a long time to re-encode as many files as I have. Is there some other way?
Old 20th January 2019, 21:58   #2  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Set MPC-HC to prefer English audio? "View"->"Options"->"Playback". There set default audio track preference to "eng" and tick "Allow overriding external splitter choice". (If you are using LAV Splitter it comes with its own track selection, alternatively.)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2019, 05:39   #3  |  Link
XMonarchY

Huge thanks, man! It worked great for about 80% of content because some files do not specify Audio track language and simply label then Track 1, Track 2, etc. Any way to specify Eng +/ 2nd track?

Last edited by XMonarchY; 26th January 2019 at 05:42.