Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th April 2020, 07:03   #1  |  Link
PRAGMA

PDeinterlace - A wrapper function to handle the fields of an MPEG video file

Released as part of pvsfunc

PDeinterlacer (class) is a convenience wrapper for deinterlacing clips. Its unique feature is it can handle mixed scan-type videos. It will always return a progressive and CFR (constant frame-rate) video. It's similar to a retail DVD player as it deinterlaces only if the frame is marked as interlaced, no metrics or guessing is involved.

This is to my knowledge the first efficient way to edit mixed-scan-type video content directly inside VapourSynth without using any other tools other than DGIndex. This completely removes the need for tools like Wibbly & Wobbly.

EDIT: Please be aware that I have updated pvsfunc, now most of the PDeinterlacer logic is now in PSourcer instead. This mean's, you need to load your file paths to clips with PSourcer rather than directly. This is because PSourcer applies fixes/proper fps/proper flags e.t.c for videos, especially for videos that are supported by DGIndex/D2V (MPEG-1 and 2). I made this change to allow people to use the fixed clips without having to run it through the deinterlacer

Requirements:
- DGIndex v1.5.8 (please do not use D2VWitch e.t.c)
- Python 3 (I recommend >= 3.7)
- pvsfunc >= 3.1.1 (available via pip)
- pyd2v >= 1.0.3 (available via pip)
- havsfunc (QTGMC) (available on vsrepo for windows)

Deinterlacing methods:
- core.d2v.Source clips will use the main deinterlacing that I created this for
- core.ffms2.Source clips will use a similar deinterlacing but heavily stripped-down (possibly inefficient). It only handles constant frame-rate videos but still supports mixed scan-type (I believe, I have no AVC mixed scan-type to test).

There's various options and settings and information on usage can be found at the pvsfunc GitHub page.

If you want a base example script, with a couple of extras added in to boost the speed of nothing to something, then feel free to use: https://gist.github.com/rlaPHOENiX/8...c9cdf3369b7a40

Rip tools like Wibbly & Wobbly, and thanks to Donald A. Graft for the amazing DGMpgDec!

Last edited by PRAGMA; 9th May 2020 at 13:07.
PRAGMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2v, deinterlace, dvd, mpeg, vapoursynth