Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 4th March 2012, 05:38   #1  |  Link
lintran

Missing video frame after encode x264 by Megui

Hi all, i have MKV file with some error frames at random time (when playing these frame look like block, blur...) but still keep sync with audio when play back by MPC or other players.
But after i reencode this MKV file, seem Megui dropped these frame so when i remux .h264 with audio of source to mkv, i got mkv with video is out of sync with audio.
Anyone please tell me how can i fix this problem? Exam how to setting to megui dont drop video frame?
P/S: i cant manual ajust or set delay for audio because errors frame of video source are random in time of video source, its take a ton of time to find where is it.
Thanks so much.
lintran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 11:45   #2  |  Link
Zathor

Likely the input avisynth decode filter drops these frames. Try using another one (FFVideoSource, DSS2, DirectShowSource, DGI).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 15:35   #3  |  Link
lintran

@Zathor: thanks you, currently, i'm using FFVideoSource, i'll give DirectShowSoure a try. Thank so much.
Old 4th March 2012, 15:49   #4  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

@lintran: Maybe your original MKV file is VFR. Try muxing the encoded .h264 with timecodes from original video track.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 18:58   #5  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Another thing you could try would be to use the fpsnum and fpsden parameters, e.g.:
FFVideoSource("source.mkv", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001) # 30000/1001 ~= 29.97 fps
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 06:06   #6  |  Link
lintran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_weirdo View Post
@lintran: Maybe your original MKV file is VFR. Try muxing the encoded .h264 with timecodes from original video track.
Original video track doesnt have any timecodes track only have sound track and subtitle track (srt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Another thing you could try would be to use the fpsnum and fpsden parameters, e.g.:
FFVideoSource("source.mkv", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001) # 30000/1001 ~= 29.97 fps
I'm using FFVideoSource("path.mkv").AssumeFPS(25,1), is it same? (My video framerate is 25.000)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Likely the input avisynth decode filter drops these frames. Try using another one (FFVideoSource, DSS2, DirectShowSource, DGI).
I tried with DirectShowSource, still out of sync (
Anyone can help me, please.

Last edited by lintran; 5th March 2012 at 06:11.
Old 5th March 2012, 06:32   #7  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintran View Post
I'm using FFVideoSource("path.mkv").AssumeFPS(25,1), is it same? (My video framerate is 25.000)
No, it is not the same. You'd have to use:
FFVideoSource("source.mkv", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 07:11   #8  |  Link
lintran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
No, it is not the same. You'd have to use:
FFVideoSource("source.mkv", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
Thank you. I gonna try it right now.
Old 5th March 2012, 08:47   #9  |  Link
the_weirdo
Yes, I'm weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintran View Post
Original video track doesnt have any timecodes track only have sound track and subtitle track (srt)
Yes, it has. But timecodes is not a track. You can extract timecodes of a track via mkvextract, for example:
Code:
mkvextract timecodes_v2 original.mkv 0:timecodes.txt
will extract timecodes from track ID 0 of original.mkv and save to timecodes.txt
If you're not familiar with CLI, you can try MKVcleaver. Just open MKV file in MKVcleaver, check video track in left panel, check Timecodes in right panel and click Extract Tracks (you may want to select Settings -> Timecodes -> Timecodes Only so that it doesn't extract video track).
In mkvmerge GUI, after add video track, you can select it and specify timecodes file for it in General track options. However, if you don't care about keeping VFR, you should do as sneaker_ger said.
the_weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote