Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Old 5th May 2015, 18:49   #1  |  Link
Broken-Heart

TMPGEnc crashes after a while when Encoding video using QuickSync

Hello,

I hope all the people on the forum are okay. I've created this thread because I'm practically at my wit's end so any helpful explanations or solutions are deeply apprecdiated.

I've been using Quick Sync through TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 for more than 2 years now and I'm very happy with the extreme conversion speed. I have a discrete GPU so I use Virtu MVP to manage both GPUs according to the application. After installing Windows, I installed the integrated GPU driver, then the discrete GPU driver, and finally Virtu MVP. This setup works PERFECTLY until I update the integrated GPU driver. After that, everything goes to hell. I use TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 to encode my Fraps recordings, The program starts encoding normally but then the progress stops after a random amount of time (Sometimes as soon as a minute after starting the encoding process). No Error messages are displayed, the program doesn't crash and the encoding can't be cancelled. The only way is to end the encoder process from the task manager and start over again. I've tried:

1) Reinstalling Virtu MVP
2)Uninstalling all drivers and Virtu MVP and installing them in the correct order again
3) Uninstalling the drivers and Virtu MVP and using driver sweeper to clean any remaining files and installing the drivers again

The only solution I know is reinstalling Widows. But I want to avoid that as much as possible.

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @3.5GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
Motherboard: ASUS P8-Z77-VPRO
Ram: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X @ 1600MHz
Power Supply: Seasonic X-1050
Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 MI 120 GB, Samsung 850Pro 256GB
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX

Thank you for taking the time to read my message
Broken-Heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmpgenc, video mastering works 5