Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st November 2020, 18:32   #30141  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I have helped friends who've donated to BD-RB through me that don't trust online...and hope I won't get fraud, and I showed them my naming scheme. I've also watched / helped them decide how to handle seasonal discs. Many discs have wonky names, but not once I saw yours, or others that come here with that filename with the periods between. I use a different method so I can see differences right away when I look later between processed and original, and tests processes. So...it does LOOK a bit suspect. You're also coming across really heated and that's usually a sign of distraction away from what the caught person is doing. I've come across that many times in my life, with different people and situations and almost always that's what's happening. In magic it's called distraction away from what's happening...so the illusion can be preformed. Does pretty well with living energy, but not so well in text with people whom are good at context & comprehension. As someone we know types, IF the truth doesn't do it...[attempt to] dazzle them with B.S.. Haha!

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 1st November 2020 at 18:34.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2020, 19:02   #30142  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by abogard View Post
I doubt you're [Ch3vr0n] the authority here
While not the authority (as if there is one), Ch3vr0n is definitely a respected authority here, with a long history of valuable contributions to the forum. You could hope to do as well...if you lose the entitled attitude.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:53   #30143  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Well, I made a long post documenting my findings but I guess it was too long or something because the moderator didn't see fit to publish it, so I wasted my time there. Instead I'm going to try and document an interesting finding. It seems the problem lies in the command line. While doing the encode I went to the LASTCMD.TXT file and found this:

In other words, it's encoding the wrong file. It's supposed to be encoding the file 00045.track_6912.264 and instead it's being directed to the .m2ts without any indication to the secondary video except in the end. So what happens is that the software encodes the main movie only with a different set of commands, that explains the file size. I'm not the expert here but maybe there's the problem.
I'll take a look at the code and see if I can figure out why it is selecting the wrong track.
Old 2nd November 2020, 17:52   #30144  |  Link
varekai
Suspended for forum rule violations

@abogard
I'm not moralizing but your indignation is tiresome... :|
Proper BD title
True Detective Season 1 Disc 2 (3 Episodes)
[TRUE_DETECTIVE_DISC2]
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:31   #30145  |  Link
RoyGBiv-inRI

Can someone help with a re encode speed issue? I have a computer that's about two years old with an Intel i5 7600K CPU with 4 cores. Recently I did a clean re install of Win10, and for some reason video encoding is now much slower. Prior to the re install, the video recode speed would be at about 0.95 or so, and the recode would take about the length of the movie. For reasons I don't understand, I am now getting recode speed about 0.6. I have not changed any settings in BD RB or in any of the supporting programs. Using CPUID HWMonitor I can see that all four cores are being utilized to between 95-100%. I don't imagine there would be any throttling, as the core tests are in the mid 60's C.

Here is my BD Rebuilder INI file if that helps:

[Options]
VERSION=0.61.0.18
ENCODER=0
MODE=3
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
ONEPASS_ENCODING=2
AUTO_QUALITY=0
TARGET_SIZE=23500
AUTO_BURN=2
PRIORITY_CLASS=0
[Paths]
SOURCE_PATH=G:\*********\
WORKING_PATH=G:\*********\NEW FOLDER\

Thanks for any help.

Your Obedient Servant
SMK
RoyGBiv-inRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 00:53   #30146  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'll
Quote:
Well, I made a long post documenting my findings but I guess it was too long or something because the moderator didn't see fit to publish it, so I wasted my time there. Instead I'm going to try and document an interesting finding. It seems the problem lies in the command line. While doing the encode I went to the LASTCMD.TXT file and found this:

In other words, it's encoding the wrong file. It's supposed to be encoding the file 00045.track_6912.264 and instead it's being directed to the .m2ts without any indication to the secondary video except in the end. So what happens is that the software encodes the main movie only with a different set of commands, that explains the file size. I'm not the expert here but maybe there's the problem.
I'll take a look at the code and see if I can figure out why it is selecting the wrong track.
I just looked at the code... and yes, there is a bug when reencoding using NVENCC on secondary video tracks. It's related to BD-RBs preference to use NVIDIA's internal hardware decoding (rather than an AVS) when possible. It failed to account for secondary video. I'll fix it for the next release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd November 2020 at 00:55.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 01:47   #30147  |  Link
abogard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I just looked at the code... and yes, there is a bug when reencoding using NVENCC on secondary video tracks. It's related to BD-RBs preference to use NVIDIA's internal hardware decoding (rather than an AVS) when possible. It failed to account for secondary video. I'll fix it for the next release.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. As I said before, you're the man.
abogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 01:57   #30148  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Yes, of course. According to your commandline (marked red) you encoded it with a CQM of 20 rather than about 23 as before. Hence the bitrate increased from about 4000 to 7000kbps.
And you shouldn't worry much about the --multipass 2pass-full. Slower presets include it silently and it is actually no longer needed explicitly. If it is still there it does no harm though. It's a legacy. Maybe you should update your NVIDIA drivers.

Edit: And btw. your "Not working" was a bitrate (--vbr 1105) rather than a quality based (--vbr 0 --vbr-quality 20) encode.
Sorry for the super late answer. I have been very busy. But I did get some tests done. Unfortunately no positive results. I was tinkering with NVencC encoding parameters and manually inserted the encoded file to see if I got any results, and while I did get a somewhat clearer picture the artifacts was still there.

And yes I double checked the Nvidia drivers were up to date. There's also new drivers out now but there's no difference with them.

On another note I have tried the disc on both DVDFab and CloneBD and both is working for me without pixelation, so something different is done there in the process.

@jdobbs btw.. NVEncC 5.19 is out with a bugfix related to --repeat-headers

//LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 02:04   #30149  |  Link
AmigaFuture

JDobbs, I haven't noticed any speedups with NVECNCC but the my board is a GeForce GTX so I don't expect it to be fast as your "WOW!!!" was after getting your new board. However, I also notice MULTIPROCESS still is still disabled. Not a big deal as the older BD-RB functions well for that.
Old 3rd November 2020, 06:33   #30150  |  Link
Max1984

jdobbs,

i m try to encoding (Back.to.the.Future.Part.II.1989.2160P.UHD.FULL DISC ) BD25 to. getting some error! how to fix it, plzz help, THANX.

Error :

https://imgur.com/rA6EsDK
Max1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:31   #30151  |  Link
cartman0208

And here we go again ...
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:31   #30152  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1984 View Post
jdobbs,

i m try to encoding (Back.to.the.Future.Part.II.1989.2160P.UHD.FULL DISC ) BD25 to. getting some error! how to fix it, plzz help, THANX.

Error :

https://imgur.com/rA6EsDK
Why not go back to your original disc and try again...
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:42   #30153  |  Link
Max1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Why not go back to your original disc and try again...
i do it 10 time. but same error.
Max1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:02   #30154  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1984 View Post
i do it 10 time. but same error.
Maybe you should have read the rules 10 times before you posted.. Read rule #6 again.

Last edited by LowDead; 3rd November 2020 at 13:04. Reason: Rule #
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:09   #30155  |  Link
CraigWally

OK Folks here's a strange issue I am encountering
Previously (with my old GPU (GTX750)) I could only use NVENC on 1080 sources not 2160.
So having upgraded my card (GTX 1660 S) my UHD encodes are now flying along ! really happy days.

However, when I now go to encode a 1080p source using NVENC the burnt disc when played on my standalone Sony player results in bad pixelation
https://imgur.com/EVGge7K
Note, this is not seen on any UHD discs nor on any HD sources encoded with X264, nor when playing via PowerDVD, nor when I was using my old card!
After further testing I can also play the NVENC encoded file via PLEX on my TV and with any software players on the PC, it seems only to manifest itself when playing from disc on standalone blu-ray player(s)
Having tried it now with three different discs, I'm loathe to waste any more coasters, as it seems I'm unable to test before burning.
Any help or suggestions gladly accepted
CraigWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2020, 20:39   #30156  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigWally View Post
Having tried it now with three different discs, I'm loathe to waste any more coasters, as it seems I'm unable to test before burning.
Buy some BD-RW discs for testing.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 00:15   #30157  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigWally View Post
OK Folks here's a strange issue I am encountering
Previously (with my old GPU (GTX750)) I could only use NVENC on 1080 sources not 2160.
So having upgraded my card (GTX 1660 S) my UHD encodes are now flying along ! really happy days.

However, when I now go to encode a 1080p source using NVENC the burnt disc when played on my standalone Sony player results in bad pixelation
https://imgur.com/EVGge7K
Note, this is not seen on any UHD discs nor on any HD sources encoded with X264, nor when playing via PowerDVD, nor when I was using my old card!
After further testing I can also play the NVENC encoded file via PLEX on my TV and with any software players on the PC, it seems only to manifest itself when playing from disc on standalone blu-ray player(s)
Any help or suggestions gladly accepted
That's probably exactly the same thing i'm experiencing...

see my earlier posts on the matter. If you force to encode true CBR it will work.. also simpler encoding parameters are used. As soon better quality are pumped in, the artifacts are back...

//LD
Old 4th November 2020, 01:32   #30158  |  Link
abogard

Quote:
Originally Posted by varekai View Post
@abogard
I'm not moralizing but your indignation is tiresome... :|
Proper BD title
True Detective Season 1 Disc 2 (3 Episodes)
[TRUE_DETECTIVE_DISC2]
To you friend I say 3 things:

1. You are moralizing.
2. You are quite correct, that's the original BD title that comes with the original disc. I know because I own it. And although it might be proper it's not written anywhere (not even the rules) that is mandatory to use it.
3. I changed it to something else because I like it better (it's quite easy to do you know). I'm quite aware it looks like something out of a certain scene but I didn't know I had to be crucified for it. Also I thought that me saying it was my own rip, out of my own disc was enough, didn't know the CSI team would arrive and would start dusting for prints to see if it was true. And if you read rule #6 it's quite possible for people to do what I do.

You people need to understand something, this is an international forum. Where I come from, to be challenged suggesting I'm lying after I gave my word is a serious matter not to be taken lightly; you should try to understand and respect that kind of thing before saying that is just me having an attitude.

That's the last I'll say about this matter.

Have a nice day.
abogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 09:59   #30159  |  Link
varekai
Suspended for forum rule violations

First things first, I am not your friend, and second, your indignation is becoming really tiresome...
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 13:00   #30160  |  Link
zamengo

Hey guys, there's a way to hardcode sub when import MKV?
zamengo is offline   Reply With Quote