Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 22nd March 2011, 21:10   #121  |  Link
iSeries

nevcairiel - ok, I've now also tried the .mkv sample. This works perfectly and Reclock reports 8 channels at 96khz. Perfect! However, with m2ts it seems I only get the core decoded. What could be the issue? (also, yes the Arcsoft properties page says '7.1' in both cases).
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:16   #122  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Weird, no issues with the m2ts for me.
Are you sure its using LAV Splitter for the m2ts as well?
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:28   #123  |  Link
iSeries

Damn that Haali splitter lol. I'd added the LAV splitter to the external filters list in MPC and set it to 'prefer' thinking that would be enough, and for mkv it seems it is. I just assumed that it would be the same for m2ts. WRONG lol. I've now added Haali to the external filters list and set it to 'block'. LAV now correctly splits the streams and Reclock reports 96khz 24 bit 8 channels woo hoo!

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Ok next issue lol. How do I get this to downmix to 2 channels? I've set the win.ini to AudioOutputMode=0 (also tried 1,2 and 5). The Arcsoft properties page correctly says 2 channels in the drop down box top left. However Reclock reports its getting 6 channels.

Last edited by iSeries; 22nd March 2011 at 21:35.
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:33   #124  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Interesting. It really should be enough, assuming you use a fairly recent MPC-HC Build (i fixed splitters in the filter list some time ago)
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:39   #125  |  Link
iSeries

MPC version is 1.5.2.2993, downloaded yesterday.

As for the downmixing issue (see above), any ideas? What's odd is if I just let Haali split so Arcsoft decodes just the core, the Arcsoft decoder pays attention to the win.ini parameters and downmixes accordingly. Using LAV and decoding lossless it doesnt and sends out however many channels are in the original stream.

Last edited by iSeries; 22nd March 2011 at 21:43.
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:45   #126  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

When i set my configuration in the ini to stereo, i only get stereo .. didnt really try much other values just now.

Doubt it matters which splitter is used, though. Except that Haali does not support DTS-HD :P

Last edited by nevcairiel; 22nd March 2011 at 21:48.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:03   #127  |  Link
iSeries

Seems to matter though - I can get 2 channel with Haali, but not with LAV. But like you say, I only get the core decoded with Haali! Why does everything have to be so damn complicated lol.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:14   #128  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Maybe it simply doesnt do downmixing with DTS-HD..
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:25   #129  |  Link
iSeries

The plot thickens - if I take the AudioOutputMode line out of the win.ini, it DOES downmix to 2 channels by default. If I put that line back, the Arcsoft decoder completely ignores whatever value I've specified and outputs however many channels are in the original stream. Odd. But at least I know how to get what I want
Old 27th March 2011, 17:37   #130  |  Link
shaolin95

OK so I was able to get DTS-HD working with TMT5. My main problem is that the few movies I got that use DolbyTrueHD have a horrible sound issue where it is almost like going in ultra slow motion making some odd sounds. If I were to add Reclock as the rendered then it will play fine but adding reclock affects the quality for DTS-HD movies so I rather not.
I tried removing ffdshow audio to let TMT deal with TrueHD but it does not do that. It seems that the program just picks up the regular Dolby stream instead of the TrueHD and uses ffdshow to decode that so I do get audio but not the high quality one I wanted.
Anyone seen this?
shaolin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 22:26   #131  |  Link
mkanet

Questions about TMT3 185 (Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD)

Does anyone know if it's necessary to install/uninstall that specific version of the software on the same PC you want Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD decoder to interact properly/universally with other directshow filters?

Im very much a minimalist; and would prefer not to leave registry residual left behind from installing/uninstalling Arcsoft Trial.

I currently only have the below files in a folder I made on a PC that's never had Arcsoft installed; registering only ASAudioHD.ax and adding the respective Win.ini settings.

ASAudioHD.ax
DtsDec.dll
dtsdecoderdll.dll
Ac3HDDecoderDll.dll
DdpDec71.dll
ArcAudCap.dll
GoldBoostDll.dll
checkactivate.dll

The reason I ask is because I have a particular "picky" directshow splitter (from SageTV Media Center) that doesnt think Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD is suitable for DTS core, DTS-MA, TrueHD decoding. It only allows Arcsoft Audio HD to be used for AC3 decoding. Otherwise, it ends up only using "ACM Wrapper" as the only usable filter. I dont have this problems with more popular splitters such as LAV, Haali, MPC-HC (Gabest); which may not be as picky as SageTV's media splitter.

The only other person I know that has sageTV and Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD directly connect has had to install TMT trial first, then uninstall it. Maybe there are some filter/registry information needed to identify Arcsoft Audio Decoder HD as a valid decoder for certain media types?

I'm not sure why sageTV's media splitter would rather connect to ACM wrapper when there's a decoder that works great with LAV, Haali, etc on the same PC. My PowerDVD audio filter will connect to sageTV's media splitter directly as well for DTS/AC3; but I installed the entire PowerDVD software to be able to do that.

Thanks
mkanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:00   #132  |  Link
webs0r

Quick question: What is responsible for choosing the default audio track to play in media that contains multiple tracks?

I suspect it is the player, as the default track chosen by MPC-HC is different to what Mediaportal seems to choose.
But looking for confirmation...

Does anyone know a way to get MPC-HC to choose, by default, the highest bitrate track?
webs0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:36   #133  |  Link
Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by webs0r View Post
Quick question: What is responsible for choosing the default audio track to play in media that contains multiple tracks?

I suspect it is the player, as the default track chosen by MPC-HC is different to what Mediaportal seems to choose.
But looking for confirmation...

Does anyone know a way to get MPC-HC to choose, by default, the highest bitrate track?
If you are talking about mkv's, the 'default' flag is set during its creation, mkvmerge has this option. Sometimes, the players can override this, with language-related settings. If there is no 'default' flag set beforehand (which is wrong if there isn't), it's up to the player. I don't think there's a bitrate-based option.
Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:42   #134  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

If you're using LAV Splitter, it should try to always select the best quality track for you, with the option to also select your preferred language, etc.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:27   #135  |  Link
Plutotype

Hi folks,
I´m using Arcosft Audio Decoder HD as a Directshow filter in MPC-HC and what I basically need to get confirmed is following:

1. Does Arcsoft truely decodes DTS and DTS-HD (MA) streams up to 24-bit 96kHz the same way as AVR hardware decoders do? Including the "HD" parts? Is there a test/comparison between AVR decoder and Arcosft?

2. Does the Arcsoft codecs work in MPC-HC exactly the same way as they work inside of TMT? Did Arcsoft not limit the usage of their filters/libraries in anyway outside of TMT meaning functionality?

Thanks

Tags
decoding, dts-ma