Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2014, 02:06   #821  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant View Post
I can encode just fine using x264 but I would prefer the ability to see what my work will look like instead of encoding blind.
VirtualDub? mpv?

And for obviousness' sake, you did already run the video through DGIndex or ffmsindex, right? The .d2v/.ffindex files do exist, is what I'm saying.

Last edited by qyot27; 26th August 2014 at 02:09.
Old 26th August 2014, 03:19   #822  |  Link
Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
VirtualDub? mpv?

And for obviousness' sake, you did already run the video through DGIndex or ffmsindex, right? The .d2v/.ffindex files do exist, is what I'm saying.
I'm talking command line x264 it works just fine. Yes, I did run them through those 2, one is a DVD and the other is a Bluray. The .d2v/.ffindex were made before I installed AviSynth+ though but it should be unrelated. I can open the files just fine for previewing with 2.6.0a5 MT but AviSynth+ just doesn't play nice for some reason. I was hoping to take advantage of some of AviSynth+'s features once I could actually load a video but so far even running those import lines by themselves causes both programs to hang.
Old 26th August 2014, 06:24   #823  |  Link
qyot27
...?

And if you try opening the scripts in VirtualDub and mpv?
Old 26th August 2014, 17:49   #824  |  Link
Elegant

Unsure of what mpv is but using VirtualDub 1.10.4 also causes it to hang on open. Mind you VirtualDub wasn't able to actually load the DGDecode plugin for that test case but for FFMS2 it hangs.
Old 26th August 2014, 21:14   #825  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Mind you VirtualDub wasn't able to actually load the DGDecode plugin for that test case but for FFMS2 it hangs.
VirtualDub doesn't load AviSynth plugins. Was there an error message when you tried opening the .d2v script?

mpv is a media player:
http://mpv.io

Like most/all mplayer variants, it's typically started from the command line:
Code:
mpv test.avs
If the script won't play, copy/paste the error messages here.

How are you switching between the 2.6 MT and AviSynth+ dlls?
How did you install AviSynth+? If it was from the .7z file, did you also install the MSVC 2012 Runtime?
Put DGDecode and FFMS2 in AviSynth+'s plugins folder and remove the LoadPlugin lines from the scripts - does that do anything?
Old 26th August 2014, 22:36   #826  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Try Process Explorer, as well. You can open up the process and look at the threads, where you might see which plugin is the one that isn't initializing properly. If it's not using any CPU, that probably means you hit a deadlock, though, which would be weird to see consistently. If all the cpu is in avisynth.dll itself, then you might have to get Visual Studio Express and compile it yourself with debugging on to find out why (ugh), since the Avisynth+ installers don't include debugging info.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:54   #827  |  Link
Elegant

Found it, AvsFilterNet.dll is the trouble maker. I don't think I've used any plugins that have relied on it so I guess I don't really need it.
Old 17th September 2014, 02:39   #828  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
Use installer from the homepage. If classic AviSynth is already installed, you will be offered the choice of either upgrading or replacing it. In the first case you'll be able to switch back to classic AviSynth by simply uninstalling AviSynth+. Your existing plugins will be kept in both cases.
Hmm, any way I can use my official 32-bit 2.6.0 AviSynth *next* to the 64-bit version of this one? I recall from 2.5.8, that you could use both 32 and 64-bit versions next to each other.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:21   #829  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Hmm, any way I can use my official 32-bit 2.6.0 AviSynth *next* to the 64-bit version of this one?
Sure. Install both AVS+ versions (32 & 64) using the installer from avs-plus.net.
Replace the avisynth.dll and the devil.dll in SysWow64 with the files from this archive.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:36   #830  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Sure. Install both AVS+ versions (32 & 64) using the installer from avs-plus.net.
Replace the avisynth.dll and the devil.dll in SysWow64 with the files from this archive.
Thx. That's a neat trick. It *will* require me to give up on the official AS, though, right? Reason I wanted to install a parallel 64-bit version, is so I can keeping using MT for the 32-bit version.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:47   #831  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
It *will* require me to give up on the official AS, though, right? Reason I wanted to install a parallel 64-bit version, is so I can keeping using MT for the 32-bit version.
If you want SEt's 32 Bit MT version, just use that DLL instead of the one I put in the zip file.

Edit: The only "official" version is the one on Sourceforge. All other flavours (SEt's MT, my ICL build, AVS+) can be used and are probably just as stable in most cases.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 17th September 2014 at 12:50.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:49   #832  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
Thx. That's a neat trick. It *will* require me to give up on the official AS, though, right? Reason I wanted to install a parallel 64-bit version, is so I can keeping using MT for the 32-bit version.
both SEt's mt version and avs+ are improved (but not official) versions, the official avs 2.6 is IanB's version
Old 17th September 2014, 12:50   #833  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
If you want SEt's 32 Bit MT version, just use that DLL instead of the one I put in the zip file.
Thx again. Will do so.
Old 17th September 2014, 12:57   #834  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

Quote:
u can enjoy mt benefits on avs x64 also, search "mp_pipeline" on forum, the tool gets u mt functions for both ia32 and x64 versions of avs
Old 17th September 2014, 12:59   #835  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
u can enjoy mt benefits on avs x64 also, search "mp_pipeline" on forum, the tool gets u mt functions for both ia32 and x64 versions of avs
That's great news! Thx!
Old 17th September 2014, 13:07   #836  |  Link
asarian

Quote:

Edit: The only "official" version is the one on Sourceforge. All other flavours (SEt's MT, my ICL build, AVS+) can be used and are probably just as stable in most cases.
Hehe; since I was already using MT dll's, I guess I never really used to the official package to begin with.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:13   #837  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
both SEt's mt version and avs+ are improved (but not official) versions, the official avs 2.6 is IanB's version
Technically, only SEt's would be a non-'official' version of 2.6, because it's not really diverged much from classic. AviSynth+ is a separate project that was forked from 2.6, but has diverged significantly to the point that it's just not accurate to label it an 'unofficial' version of 2.6. It'd be like saying GNU and Linux are an 'unofficial' version of BSD.

Although for that matter, anyone that takes a look at AviSynth's development history will see very quickly that things have always been a bit scattershot with the main development. The developers involved often change a lot between the different trees that sprouted up - the original BRG version, the patched versions in the 1.0 series after BRG left (various authors), the development on 2.0 and 2.5.0-2.5.5 (sh0dan, et al.), 2.5.6-2.5.8 and 2.6 (increasingly IanB) are all technically distinct dev branches - 2.0-2.6 simply had the benefit of a single main repository, and just changed lead developers. Had AVS3.0 not died back in 2007, it would have exhibited the same properties - the devs in charge of it were different too, and the SVN repo for it was separate from the CVS repo for 2.0-2.6.

2.5/2.6 only coalesced as 'official' because it became widely used and was updated consistently for a few years, not because the devs that worked on it have a steering committee that gets to decide what 'official' is over the entire AviSynth ecosystem, only in the context of their own branches. AviSynth+ is hardly a deviation from that, and has its own 'official' (or more accurately, 'stable') builds - currently 0.1 r1576, with 'unofficial' ('dev') builds from the main/MT branch, which is up to r1699.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:25   #838  |  Link
feisty2
I'm Siri

well, thx qyot27 , got it, I never really dug much into avisynth history
Old 17th September 2014, 16:20   #839  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Technically, only SEt's would be a non-'official' version of 2.6, because it's not really diverged much from classic. AviSynth+ is a separate project that was forked from 2.6, but has diverged significantly to the point that it's just not accurate to label it an 'unofficial' version of 2.6. It'd be like saying GNU and Linux are an 'unofficial' version of BSD.

Although for that matter, anyone that takes a look at AviSynth's development history will see very quickly that things have always been a bit scattershot with the main development. The developers involved often change a lot between the different trees that sprouted up - the original BRG version, the patched versions in the 1.0 series after BRG left (various authors), the development on 2.0 and 2.5.0-2.5.5 (sh0dan, et al.), 2.5.6-2.5.8 and 2.6 (increasingly IanB) are all technically distinct dev branches - 2.0-2.6 simply had the benefit of a single main repository, and just changed lead developers. Had AVS3.0 not died back in 2007, it would have exhibited the same properties - the devs in charge of it were different too, and the SVN repo for it was separate from the CVS repo for 2.0-2.6.

2.5/2.6 only coalesced as 'official' because it became widely used and was updated consistently for a few years, not because the devs that worked on it have a steering committee that gets to decide what 'official' is over the entire AviSynth ecosystem, only in the context of their own branches. AviSynth+ is hardly a deviation from that, and has its own 'official' (or more accurately, 'stable') builds - currently 0.1 r1576, with 'unofficial' ('dev') builds from the main/MT branch, which is up to r1699.
Learn something every day. Thx.
Old 24th October 2014, 21:58   #840  |  Link
chainik_svp

Is it dead or alive? o_O
In other words, if I think I found a bug - should I try to fix it myself or post here and wait for support?

===
Short version of issue is: x64 MT version of AVS+ doesn't free memory so if I want to run some memory consuming script inside MPC-HC x64 + ffdshow x64 it will eat some amount of memory on each seek.

enter simple script into ffdshow:
Code:
SetFilterMTMode("",2)
SetFilterMTMode("ffdShow_source",3)
ffdShow_source()
BilinearResize(3000,1500)
BilinearResize(1920,1080)
Prefetch(10)
and then just check and uncheck "Avisynth" check box while looking at Task Manager memory graph

===
and it's not an issue with 32-bit version

Last edited by chainik_svp; 24th October 2014 at 22:15.
Closed Thread