Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st August 2017, 01:10   #26381  |  Link
worknstiff

@ lathe RE: he is an arrogant son-of-a-b*tch...

Oh Noooooo! You must think I'm gonca, lol.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 04:43   #26382  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ lathe RE: he is an arrogant son-of-a-b*tch...

Oh Noooooo! You must think I'm gonca, lol.
Oh, right! I always get you guys confused...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 10:15   #26383  |  Link
geheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I am the very least of the experts here (well, with the exception maybe of gonca, depending on what he is currently smoking...) but, based upon numerous times that BDRB has 'mysteriously' re-encoded something, it almost ALWAYS is that there is something not compliant in the structure and it 'feels' that it needs to make it compliant. I know next to absolutely nothing about 3D (although I'm fairly conversant with 38DD) but, I'm guessing that there is some requirement to make it compliant.
Thanks, but the streams are perfectly compliant, as the disc I want to remux is produced by Scenarist. As Scenarist is a professional tool, it always outputs perfectly compliant discs, however my standalone Player has some problems with FRIM-encoded streams and SSIF structure (Scenarist can only output SSIF). These problems are solved by remuxing with BDRB using the 3d in-mux structure.

Quote:
@ geheim; RE: I only want to do a remux, because 3D in-mux works better for me.

I am even less of a guru here but I think if you are feeding BD Rebuilder a "real 3D" iso file that BD Rebuilder has to re-encode the file to change it from an SSIF file to an in-mux file. But if I am wrong which is extremely likely then it will make for an interesting comment from the "real" guru jdobbs.
Yes BDRB changes from SSIF to in-mux. However, if I feed BD25 Discs to BDRB it is able to remux them WITHOUT reencoding. So Encoding is not necessary to Change the Disc structure.

Thanks anyway for trying to help me!! Perhaps @jdobbs could take a look at the issue?? Again, it works with BD25 discs, but not with BD50, perhaps there is some bug with BDRB's BD50 output size?!?
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 15:47   #26384  |  Link
CraigWally

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Thanks anyway for trying to help me!! Perhaps @jdobbs could take a look at the issue?? Again, it works with BD25 discs, but not with BD50, perhaps there is some bug with BDRB's BD50 output size?!?
Then input a custom size (greater than BD50) and test it
CraigWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2017, 17:00   #26385  |  Link
zorro101

hi
I have a problem with PseudoBD (with memu) and ps3 as player
the menu are not displayed
if, on the ps3, i push SELECT button i can see the informations, but are all at - - (ex. time --:--:-- total time --:--:-- chapter --)
i have try with hidden options RESET_PERMISSION=0 but don't change nothing
i have try to burn on BR-RE and BD-R with the same problem
have you a tricks?
thanks
best regards
zorro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 05:04   #26386  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
however my standalone Player has some problems with FRIM-encoded streams and SSIF structure (Scenarist can only output SSIF).
The fix is real easy... get a standalone player that works correctly and accepts your authored discs.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 05:44   #26387  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
The fix is real easy... get a standalone player that works correctly and accepts your authored discs.
DOHHHHHH!!!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2017, 18:51   #26388  |  Link
worknstiff

RE: Lathe;1816102]DOHHHHHH!!! [/QUOTE]

I second that D'oh! I haven't had a Sony anything since the days of the Sony DRM rootkit. Big surprise that Sony would hamper playback of anything that has been copied, lol.
Old 24th August 2017, 22:14   #26389  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
RE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
DOHHHHHH!!!
I second that D'oh! I haven't had a Sony anything since the days of the Sony DRM rootkit. Big surprise that Sony would hamper playback of anything that has been copied, lol.
Who said that the authored disc contains any copied material? If a disc is BD compliant, the player must play it. It has no way of knowing what the content is.
Old 25th August 2017, 14:46   #26390  |  Link
geheim

Well my sony plays discs from Scenarist fine - problems are only with FRIM-encoded streams in Scenarist. Maybe ist my own fault (any bad setting or something) and from BD25 I knew I could fix it easily with BDRB - which doesn't work with BD50 as explained above.
And this is not only with "copied" material - I'm producing some basic 3D content myself and these also won't work with the combination of FRIM and Scenarist.

Aside from this playback issue I love my Sony and won't replace it Perhaps @jdobbs can say something to BD50 always being reencoded in BDRB eventually.
geheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 06:45   #26391  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Well my sony plays discs from Scenarist fine - problems are only with FRIM-encoded streams in Scenarist. Maybe ist my own fault (any bad setting or something) and from BD25 I knew I could fix it easily with BDRB - which doesn't work with BD50 as explained above.
And this is not only with "copied" material - I'm producing some basic 3D content myself and these also won't work with the combination of FRIM and Scenarist.
Maybe there is an issue with Scenarist. AIUI, that program is no longer being updated. So, if there is a bug, it won't get fixed.

Last edited by MrVideo; 28th August 2017 at 06:56.
Old 1st September 2017, 14:49   #26392  |  Link
q90g0H5R

Seamless branching and DTS audio

I stumbled across a problem which was already discussed around here (back with version 1.18): When working on a BD using multiple m2ts to build one feature (most discs which offer more than one version of a film like directors cut and theatrical version, alternate endings, different credits for different countries, ...) which use DTS-HD audio, the audio tracks can't be copied to the output (neither the full DTS-HD track nor the DTS core). Whenever I try to get DTS into the output, the player mutes on m2ts breaks (sometime audio returns on the next m2ts break, sometimes it stays muted until the end).

Back in 2009 the problem was not investigated further on, after a workaround was found: Re-encoding the audio track to AC3. But I don't think, that re-encoding to the rather poor AC3 format is an acceptable solution in 2017.

Were there any improvements on this issue in the last years? Is there another solution or workaround, which I missed?
q90g0H5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:06   #26393  |  Link
worknstiff

@ q90g0H5R; RE: use DTS-HD audio, the audio tracks can't be copied to the output (neither the full DTS-HD track nor the DTS core).

BD Rebuilder, at least when I use it has NO problem using DTS-HD or keeping the core, either on single m2ts or multiple m2ts disks. You did not mention what output you were encoding too. But to quote the instructions ad infinitum: WHERE???? are your logs, disks info, playback device and inspect results. The simplest way to fix MOST BD Rebuilder problems with processing disks (especially if BD Rebuilder completes successfully), is to re-move and re-install BD Rebuilder and ALL the helper programs from the FIRST page following all the instructions carefully.
Hope this helps.
Old 2nd September 2017, 21:34   #26394  |  Link
MrVideo

What is the latest with getting BDRB to ignore non-compliant DD+ audio when reading in MKV files? I have projects stacking up because more and more files are DD+. It would be great the have the temporary BDMV layout use the DD+ audio streams, untouched. I do not want to recode the audio to plain AC3. I never click on the Backup button as the BDMV layout that is initially created is what I am looking for, as I manage the number of files imported so that the layout will fit on a 25GB disc.
Old 3rd September 2017, 09:32   #26395  |  Link
staina

Error option Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving

Hello, most recently me not function correctly option "Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving" during processing occurred error and I must use other option.

I want therefore ask what is difference between these options for Decoding/Frame serving and if have some influence on quality final videos?

Thank you staina
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 14:03   #26396  |  Link
worknstiff

@ MrVideo RE: What is the latest with getting BDRB to ignore non-compliant DD+ audio.
I have noticed that the DD+5.1 gets re-encoded to AC3 2.0, instead of just being left untouched. This at least allows you to "process" mkv files where before it didn't allow them. I then have to Mkvmerge the DD+5.1 back in later. Wish there was an untouched mode.

@ staina RE: "Use X264s internal LAVF for frame serving" during processing occurred error.
Like I posted above: The simplest way to fix MOST BD Rebuilder problems is to re-move and re-install BD Rebuilder and ALL the helper programs from the FIRST page following all the instructions carefully.
Old 3rd September 2017, 16:56   #26397  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I have noticed that the DD+5.1 gets re-encoded to AC3 2.0, instead of just being left untouched. This at least allows you to "process" mkv files where before it didn't allow them. I then have to Mkvmerge the DD+5.1 back in later. Wish there was an untouched mode.
Strange. For me, BDRB just plain fails when dealing with DD+ audio. When the MKV file is imported, BDRB tries to convert it and instead errors out.
Old 4th September 2017, 23:42   #26398  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Strange. For me, BDRB just plain fails when dealing with DD+ audio. When the MKV file is imported, BDRB tries to convert it and instead errors out.
It requires Directshow support for DD+ -- it is supported in the LAV Filters installation, I'm not positive about FFDSHOW.
Old 5th September 2017, 07:00   #26399  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It requires Directshow support for DD+ -- it is supported in the LAV Filters installation, I'm not positive about FFDSHOW.
You never said that before, after I reported this issue.

So, I went and installed the LAV filters. Still doesn't work:
Code:
[09/05/17] Checking System Settings
  - BD-Rebuilder v0.50.24
  - Windows Version: 5.2 [3790]
  - Working Path Free Space: 133.98GB
  - AVISYNTH Version: 2.6.0.5, Ok
  - AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
  - X264:  Ok
  - AFTEN:  Ok
  - FAAC:  Ok
  - MP4BOX:  Ok
  - WAVI:  Ok
  - TSMUXER:  Ok
  - FRIMEncode:  Ok
  - FRIMDecode:  Ok
[09/05/17] Systems Settings Check complete
----------------------
[00:51:16] Importing: Import_File
- [00:51:19] Importing video file: (1 of 1)
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
    - Source issue found, attempting correction...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
[00:55:28]ERROR: Failed to build BD structure.  Aborted.
This is the same result as before the LAV filter installation.

Notice that the inspector doesn't see the LAV filter installation. And yes, I even tried a reboot.
Old 5th September 2017, 15:50   #26400  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
You never said that before, after I reported this issue.
I can't even count the number of things I've never said before. It wouldn't have applied until the most recent release -- since it never tried to reencode DD+ before then. From the latest changes file:
Code:
- Added code to import routines to handle
  EAC3/DD+ sources.  Requires LAV Filters
  or FFDSHOW be installed.
I don't see "- LAVFILTERS: Ok" in your INSPECT report.

Last edited by jdobbs; 5th September 2017 at 15:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote